How do I remove an ISY from the portal?

ctviggen1

21 minutes ago, ctviggen1 said:

I've gone from my ISY 994i to an EISY.  I migrated everything from the ISY to the EISY.  How do I remover the ISY from the portal?

It's not doing any harm in staying there. Providing you migrated your portal license, or if you find a new home for your ISY, you can delete it by clicking the red X in the first column on that line.

23 minutes ago, ctviggen1 said:

And what do I do with a perfectly functioning ISY with zwave?  Just put it in the local electronics recycling?

Since it is at end of life and support is due to end soon, there is no real value to it, but it's possible someone here might be interested in it.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ctviggen1 said:

How do I remover the ISY from the portal?

Click the red "x" to the left of the UUID for the ISY in the portal.

image.png

22 minutes ago, ctviggen1 said:

And what do I do with a perfectly functioning ISY with zwave?

You could offer it up to others (in the Coffee Shop forum) or list it on ebay. 

Otherwise, electronic recycling is best option. Perhaps you could see about sending back to UDI if they are doing any sort of referb ISY994 or need parts for OEM ISY that they're still supporting. There was a trade in option, but think it was limited for how old the ISY994 was and had to be purchased directly from UDI. Not sure if that is still available or applies in your case.

• Like 1

The problem (or benefit, depending on how you look at it) is that my ISY was pretty old (10 years?) and was still running well.  No real issues, other than Zwave to the front door lock.  And had I moved the ISY to where I put the EISY (in the basement ceiling, about halfway into the house instead of in the basement on the far side of the house relative to the front door), I might not have needed the EISY.  But I also realized I had to upgrade at some point...

And the Polyglot looks very interesting.  There's a lot I could do with that.