Can't get ISY Portal to work remotely

pepethecow

I bought a subscription to ISY portal, but only realized a couple of months ago that I wasn't able to access the ISY outside the house. It only works on my home wifi, which is... not the point of ISY portal... so today I sat down to debug it. I turned off the wifi on my phone and opened UD Portal, and got the error.

Everything I've looked at seems right as far as I can tell. I've taken screenshots of all the configuration screens and the error I'm getting. Any ideas what's going on? Did I miss something? I'm decently proficient with my home networking setup (I ran ethernet to multiple rooms, have switches, a NAS, but I'm not a networking expert per-se...but ISY portal shouldn't require me to be one, right?).

Dashboard_Network.png

Dashboard_PortalStatus.png

ISY_Portal.png

ISY_System.png

Portal.png

Portal_License.png

Screenshot_20230331_112340_UD Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20230331_113505_UD Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20230331_114106_UD Mobile.jpg

@pepethecow From the screenshots you've posted it looks normal. Your ISY is registered and the ISY Portal sees the device as online (the green circle on the portal page)

Your HTTPS port doesn't matter when you're connecting through the portal so hopefully you're not trying to add that port to the URL it's using. 

For UD Mobile you just need your ISY Portal user/pass credentials and it should sync automatically.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Existing_Portal_Users

What version of the app are you running? Make sure it's updated to a recent production or beta version. Appears you're on an Android device. Should be close to Version 1.0.33

I might delete the account in the app and then add it back in. If you still have problems the best bet is to open a support ticket and get help directly with UDI to confirm setup in the app. 

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

And no, ISY Portal should not require you to be a network genius. It's actually there to keep things ultra simple (and a bit more secure than port forwarding). 

Well...it looks like nuking everything, deleting the app, and re-installing (setting up), and then exiting the program, restarting...it all looks like it works now.

I should know that's always the answer when everything *should* work--just nuke it and start over.

• Like 1