i3 Devices

matapan

Just curious for those who have purchased i3 devices.

How well are they working? They look very nice.

Pros, cons? Do you think they're better quality overall, including the longevity of the electronics? I know that's not a question that can be answered until they been around for a couple of years. But I was wondering if these devices have risen from the poor build quality pool and they are reasonably reliable. You can only hope....

3 hours ago, matapan said:

Just curious for those who have purchased i3 devices.

How well are they working? They look very nice.

Pros, cons? Do you think they're better quality overall, including the longevity of the electronics? I know that's not a question that can be answered until they been around for a couple of years. But I was wondering if these devices have risen from the poor build quality pool and they are reasonably reliable. You can only hope....

I've had test devices (alpha/beta) running for the last few years (prior to covid) now without any issues. Historically I haven't had any issues with insteon failures and it's a small sample size but so far I must say I'm pleased. 

I have one i3 Paddle switch bought a few weeks ago. I like the style and the operation is very smooth. There’s 2 issues: the paddle is very large and just fits in the plate cutout and Polisy doesn’t support it as a dimmer only on/off switch. 
For the oversized paddle the alignment of the plate was critical otherwise it would get stuck and wouldn’t return to center after activating. 
For dimmer operation I removed the switch from my Polisy network and installed in my Home Assistant network where it operates as a dimmer with ramp rates and on level. 
I would buy it again although by the time I need one they’ll probably be out of business again. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0341b193809b730de9deae7ff3a8f9df.jpeg

Edited by vbPhil
added photo
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Couldve reversed engineered it which is something udi said that they would not do

or they asked the new Insteon for support documents.   Insteon didn't say they would only support one 3rd party solution....  they indicated the door was open.