Has anyone upgraded to 3.1.26?

When logging into IoX on my Polisy, I got the "updates available" message and the PG3x web page indicates that there's an upgrade available for 3.1.26 - my eISY does NOT indicate that any updates are available and the PG3x web page does NOT indicate the 3.1.26 update either - both are on versions IoX 5.6.0 and PG3x 3.1.25 - has anyone tried to update to 3.1.26 yet?  Why are the two devices not consistent with indicating the available update?  

4 hours ago, JTsao said:

When logging into IoX on my Polisy, I got the "updates available" message and the PG3x web page indicates that there's an upgrade available for 3.1.26 - my eISY does NOT indicate that any updates are available and the PG3x web page does NOT indicate the 3.1.26 update either - both are on versions IoX 5.6.0 and PG3x 3.1.25 - has anyone tried to update to 3.1.26 yet?  Why are the two devices not consistent with indicating the available update?  

I'm running on an eisy, and I just upgraded.  Can't answer your questions, though.

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 4.12.22 PM.png

On 5/7/2023 at 3:09 PM, JTsao said:

When logging into IoX on my Polisy, I got the "updates available" message and the PG3x web page indicates that there's an upgrade available for 3.1.26 - my eISY does NOT indicate that any updates are available and the PG3x web page does NOT indicate the 3.1.26 update either

@JTsao I know a few months ago @bpwwer said he updated the code to notify/alert users when an update was available, but at the time the update was only available for "internal testing". At that time it was showing on many users that were "current", but they couldn't update at the time. I would suspect the same is/was true leading up to this.

However, if @Bumbershoot has successfully updated then perhaps it's been released (or made available), but still no official post has been made for release notes. The best place to follow/watch for releases is on the forums in the Current Release Announcement forums. If you "follow" that whole area you should get alerts when new topics are started (not when topics are edited or replied to). Although, I will admit that I haven't gotten an email push or forum alert when some new topics have been posted, but usually it should work as expected. 

As we learned a few months ago when a release was put out and several randomly attempted an update it broke stuff. So I would caution anybody randomly updating until a release post is made as it could cause issues. It's rare, but has been known to happen in the recent past. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Geddy said:

I would caution anybody randomly updating until a release post is made

That's exactly why I haven't upgraded the Polisy - also, until I successfully migrate to the eISY/Zmatter, that platform is my test bed for testing these new upgrades first - as the eISY is not showing an available update, that was suspicious - I am still curious as to why one platform indicates an update but the other does not show it as available

2 hours ago, bpwwer said:

PG3x 3.1.26 had a couple of very minor updates and one update to fix issues when a Polisy user migrated from PG3 to PG3x.  

I have a theory regarding who that user might be...

15 hours ago, JTsao said:

I have a theory regarding who that user might be...

There was more than one.

Release notes for 3.1.26

- Fix permissions on node server files after migration from PG3 to PG3x

- Add an enhancement to cloudlink support, primarily for the Google Calendar node server

- Compress old log files and limit the size of a log file from 100Mb to 30Mb

- Fix a submission issue for node server developers.

• Thanks 1