Support thread for: PG3x v3.1.27 (May 22, 2023)

1 minute ago, brians said:

Yes thanks, I guess would be too difficult for them to display something on screen ;)

Wonder how long it takes, still got this going on after about 20 min...

image.png.6a10a9b1eb8ed082bae76f19d0d6e06c.png

That looks like the browser cache issue. Try a different browser or computer you have not use to access it and see if you have the same screen. The solution is the totally clear all data for the IP address of your polisy.   . But to make sure it’s that issue you should try it browser or a computer that has not accessed it. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, macjeff said:

That looks like the browser cache issue. Try a different browser or computer you have not use to access it and see if you have the same screen. The solution is the totally clear all data for the IP address of your polisy.   . But to make sure it’s that issue you should try it browser or a computer that has not accessed it. 

Ahh yes that worked!

Seems to be an issue with Notification server... msg saying can't add in free edition... messed around with it a bit, but still it seemed it needed pushover api key which I didn't bother researching. UD Mobile seemed to sorta work sending a test notification... even though I am sure I could get it all working I removed since I no longer use. My one remaining Nodeserver works perfect now however :)

image.thumb.png.001b5fc6ce1979c678f400eb90968768.png

Edited by brians

Updated to 3.1.27 from 3.1.26 on my Polisy - no major issues - one minor issue - the IoX admin panel did not list any of my programs, although they were clearly running - I did a shut down, unplugged and powered back up and everything looks good...

On 5/23/2023 at 5:09 PM, macjeff said:

1. run command but I would replace polisy.local with your IP address of polisy which I had to do

https://polisy.local:8443/rest/pg3x.enable

2. it will give you the normal Https insecure warning but find option to go to page anyways

3. Should ask you to login and login with polisy credentials

4. you will get the XML error you said.  Its because its just setting a flag

5. Power Cycle Polisy AND WAIT.   Took 30 min on mine.

6. Empty Browser cache or try adding ? to the end of your Polisy URL which should force it to load without cache.

7. Pg3 should now say pg3x.  Make sure all the nodeservers are running.

8. Then I had to reboot Polisy one more time because ISY was acting strange- happened on both polisy's but a second reboot fixed.

the important thing is be patient.  If you restart it too soon I am not sure what will happen.

Thank you for this. Helped me greatly converting to PG3x!

1 hour ago, Athlon said:

Thank you for this. Helped me greatly converting to PG3x!

You’re very welcome. The only thing I left out was the browser cache issue

If you get a message that pg3 not running in red after the reboot try another browser that you have not used with PG3 and if it works then you can clear your browser cache on the original and it should work. 

One trick that works most of the time is if you add a ? To the end of any URL it forces it to reload without cache 99% of the time

Jeff

• Like 1
1 hour ago, macjeff said:

You’re very welcome. The only thing I left out was the browser cache issue

If you get a message that pg3 not running in red after the reboot try another browser that you have not used with PG3 and if it works then you can clear your browser cache on the original and it should work. 

One trick that works most of the time is if you add a ? To the end of any URL it forces it to reload without cache 99% of the time

Jeff

Exactly what I had to do. I use Chrome, so I used Edge to confirm it upgraded. Then I went into Chrome's settings and deleted the cache for PG3's website. Fixed it perfectly.

The '?' trick did not work for me.

(I'm on Windows 11.)

1 hour ago, Athlon said:

Exactly what I had to do. I use Chrome, so I used Edge to confirm it upgraded. Then I went into Chrome's settings and deleted the cache for PG3's website. Fixed it perfectly.

The '?' trick did not work for me.

(I'm on Windows 11.)

Good to know.  I am a mac user so maybe its a mac thing but you confirmed its a browser cache issue.

Maybe I should update the post and add that in.  Hopefully people will read and see this!!!

But thanks for the thumbs up on my steps!!!

@bpwwer

I just updated eisy to 5.6.2. As part of that upgrade, PG3x updated to v 3.1.28. I couldn't find a release notice or a support thread, so I am posting here.

When I entered the IP address for Polyglot, the login screen for the portal didn't appear. Instead, I had the login page for Polyglot, which I logged in to. PG3x opened normally, with everything in place, however, after a short delay, I received the log in box for the portal. 

I logged in, and all seemed fine, but after a shorter delay than before, the portal login box appeared a second time. After logging in to the portal again, all appears fine.

Just wanted you to know about it.

3 hours ago, DennisC said:

@bpwwer

I just updated eisy to 5.6.2. As part of that upgrade, PG3x updated to v 3.1.28. I couldn't find a release notice or a support thread, so I am posting here.

When I entered the IP address for Polyglot, the login screen for the portal didn't appear. Instead, I had the login page for Polyglot, which I logged in to. PG3x opened normally, with everything in place, however, after a short delay, I received the log in box for the portal. 

I logged in, and all seemed fine, but after a shorter delay than before, the portal login box appeared a second time. After logging in to the portal again, all appears fine.

Just wanted you to know about it.

Thanks, that's currently the expected behavior.  There's a timing bug that causes it to prompt a second time but it doesn't cause any problems.

With this version, you shouldn't get prompted again for portal logins. PG3(x) should now manage the portal access token for an indefinite amount of time.

• Like 2