Support thread for: PG3x v3.1.29 (June 12, 2023)

On 6/17/2023 at 9:33 AM, BamBamF16 said:

I thought upgrade went OK.  This was my first upgrade on PG3x.  It looks OK, but all 3 node servers are showing disconnected and will not show up in AC.

Thoughts?

All,

Just to circle back on this and give the solution that worked.  Based on a suggestion from @bpwwer I reinstalled my NS's in the same slots.  That was what ended up actually getting everything working again.  PG3x thought the NS's were started and running, but they actually weren't.  This was post upgrade from PG3 to PG3x.

Thanks for the help Bob!

Jeff

Edited by BamBamF16
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, EJones01 said:

I seem to be stuck here. Rebooted 4 times. Any help is much appreciated.

Do you have the eisy registered with ISY Portal? You don't have to have a "subscription", but the device should be registered with the portal. 

Have you just been rebooting via the Admin console? If you can access the device try pressing the button 5 times to reboot. Otherwise, press it 6 times to shutdown (power light will go red) then pull the power for 10-20 seconds then plug it back in and allow several minutes (as many as 5) for the system to be fully functional. 

I'm stuck on v 3.1.23 and the log had the following message.

6/23/2023, 18:42:05 [pg3] info: *****************************************
6/23/2023, 18:42:05 [pg3] info: Latest PG3 version available is 3.1.23_1

Steve

1 hour ago, SteveSBE said:

I'm stuck on v 3.1.23 and the log had the following message.

6/23/2023, 18:42:05 [pg3] info: Latest PG3 version available is 3.1.23_1

Steve

You posted in a help section for PG3x, is that what you are running or are you on PG3?

Can you tell us what your hardware is, all version #'s, Mac or Windows, etc. Also, what have you done and specifically what does "stuck" mean?

36 minutes ago, DennisC said:

You posted in a help section for PG3x, is that what you are running or are you on PG3?

Can you tell us what your hardware is, all version #'s, Mac or Windows, etc. Also, what have you done and specifically what does "stuck" mean?

I am trying to upgrade to PG3x. I followed the instructions to use Admin Console to upgrade PG3 to PG3x. I am running 5.6.2 on Polisy and stuck means that PG3 only updates to 3.1.23  Upgrade Packages will not update further. I run on Windows 10.

From the Polisy users guide..

Upgrading to PG3x

• Enable PG3x: https://polisy.local:8443/rest/pg3x.enable
  • Reboot and wait for a beep + 1. Migrating node servers from PG3 to PG3x might take up to 2 minutes per node server. So, please be patient
  • Once all node servers show connected, reboot again.

NOTE: This process will remove PG2 and PG3. Furthermore, there is no "undo" for this process, so be certain that you are ready to update to PG3x before proceeding. Specifically, please make sure you take good backups.

Edited by tlightne
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, tlightne said:

From the Polisy users guide..

Upgrading to PG3x

• Enable PG3x: https://polisy.local:8443/rest/pg3x.enable
  • Reboot and wait for a beep + 1. Migrating node servers from PG3 to PG3x might take up to 2 minutes per node server. So, please be patient
  • Once all node servers show connected, reboot again.

NOTE: This process will remove PG2 and PG3. Furthermore, there is no "undo" for this process, so be certain that you are ready to update to PG3x before proceeding. Specifically, please make sure you take good backups.

The link to enable PG3x doesn't work. The only thing that shows on the screen is the following message: 

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

48 minutes ago, SteveSBE said:

The link to enable PG3x doesn't work. The only thing that shows on the screen is the following message: 

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

That is what should happen.

Once you see that message, go to the admin console and upgrade packages. Might take awhile, wait about 30 minutes. You will then need to reboot.

After going back in to Polyglot, you will probably see a message to restart Poliglot.

After that you should be finished.

Is there a way to see on the file system if the upgrade is pending?  I was reading one of the threads, and accidentally clicked on the link - but still need PG2 node servers.

I believe safari stopped me with an HTTPS warning - but just wanted to be sure before my PG2 is nuked! :)

Thanks,

Steve 

53 minutes ago, SteveT said:

Is there a way to see on the file system if the upgrade is pending?  I was reading one of the threads, and accidentally clicked on the link - but still need PG2 node servers.

I believe safari stopped me with an HTTPS warning - but just wanted to be sure before my PG2 is nuked! :)

Thanks,

Steve 

It does set a flag so that the next time "upgrade packages" is run from the admin console it installs PG3x, replacing PG3.

However, one of the recent IoX firmware updates removes PG2 from the system so if you really need PG2, you'll have to hold off performing any updates.

• Thanks 1
On 6/24/2023 at 5:17 PM, DennisC said:

That is what should happen.

Once you see that message, go to the admin console and upgrade packages. Might take awhile, wait about 30 minutes. You will then need to reboot.

After going back in to Polyglot, you will probably see a message to restart Poliglot.

After that you should be finished.

Thanks. That worked and it did take a while...helped to do some yard work to help me "wait". 

Steve