New eisy not upgrading to latest version of IoX. Stuck on v5.5.9

isyrocks!
Go to solution Solved by Michel Kohanim,

Hi UD Community,

I finally got a new eisy and Z-Wave/Matter USB adapter. I am upgrading from a 994i. The eisy came running v.5.5.9 of IoX. It looks like v5.6.2 is the latest release. I keep going into console and hitting upgrade and wait as long as an hour. Nothing seems to happen. I tried to reboot and hit upgrade again at least 8 or so times. My eisy seems to be stuck on v5.5.9. I haven't started the migration yet as I want to get to the latest version first. When I reboot I do get a message that there are upgrades available. I then go and select update packages and wait again. But nothing happens after several hours. Any suggestions?

Edited by isyrocks!

The first step in the troubleshooting process is to try upgrading using one press of the multifunction button. 

After waiting at least 30 minutes, clear Java cache, download new start.jnlp from: https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

When you run that it will place a. Ew IoX Launcher on your desktop.

See if that works.

If you can ssh in to your eisy, do that and watch what happens in the log by entering:

sudo tail -f /var/udx/logs/log

Edited by DennisC
Spelling

Thanks for the tips @DennisC

I have done as you have suggested. I can now see that when I execute the update command something does indeed happen. However, it still seems I am not getting to 5.6.2.

I seem to have several errors in my log that look like this:

-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
: rsa signature verification failure
pkg: Invalid signature, removing repository.
Unable to update repository udi
Error updating repositories!

Full update log attached.

log.txt

Same issue for me, tried suggested procedure with the push button, and get this in the /var/udx/logs/log

Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
Updating FreeBSD-base repository catalogue...
FreeBSD-base repository is up to date.
Updating udi repository catalogue...
Fetching meta.conf: . done
Fetching packagesite.pkg: ... done
pkg: -----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----

On 7/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, isyrocks! said:

Thanks for the tips @DennisC

I have done as you have suggested. I can now see that when I execute the update command something does indeed happen. However, it still seems I am not getting to 5.6.2.

I seem to have several errors in my log that look like this:

-----END PUBLIC KEY-----

Full update log attached.

log.txt 24.22 kB · 2 downloads

I had same problem.  Opened ticket and @Michel Kohanim had me do an upgrade.  see my post in other thread: 

Note - I have reverted to only upgrading by tapping the Eisy power button and watching the log over ssh. I am not even attempting the console. 

Got a reply from Michael that it’s a known issue and there should be a fix soon. 

I still haven’t successfully been able to upgrade as of this morning. 

• Solution

@isyrocks!,

It's fixed. This is what you need to do:

1. Admin Console | Configuration | Reboot eisy (you must do this first because of previous failed attempts) .. or 5 times on the power button

2. Admin Console | Configuration | Upgrade Packages or 1 time on the power button

3. You will probably be asked to reboot again (depends on what's already been upgraded before)

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 1

Hi All,

I was successfully able to upgrade to the latest version. 

I did first try to reboot > upgrade via tap method > watch log in SSH. I didn't have any luck. I rebooted > cleared java cache > downloaded a fresh start.jnlp and tried to upgrade over console without any luck.

I then performed a factory reset (10 click on the button) and then executed the upgrade from the console and boom. Upgrade successful.

• Like 1