Non-Functioning Admin Console

saclarkdoc

Connect your eisy via ethernet. There's less chance of connection issues.

What are the devices you're having connection issues with.

What method are you using to link them to the eisy.

There's a possibility that you're misreading their 6 digit ID.  i. e. B and 8

Edited by Techman
correction
  • Like 1

Question 1: wired is always the best, plug it in.

question 2: either there’s line noise blocking the signal, or something went wrong with the device.    Try a factory reset of the device, then click the device in the admin console, right click and choose “Restore Device”.   That’s a starting point.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, saclarkdoc said:

QUESTION #1: Should I configure my eisy as Ethernet or as Wireless?

I always prefer and suggest wired. Less chance of something blocking/interfering with a wired signal

Question #2: Any recommendations on how to address the two error messages?

Support ticket - https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/

If you don't want to open a support ticket then use Google Site Search for this forum and enter the errors with quotes around them and you'll find several posts and options of solutions.

• Like 1

@Geddy @MrBill @Techman et al:

Success: I now have all of the devices up and running (As you can see the check marks below on my status sheet). So far, so good, and my sincere thanks for all your recommendations!  

As per your suggestions, I plan to go with Ethernet configuration; however I believe my Mobile program initially set my eisy up as wireless. Any recommendations on how to convert from wired to wireless?

scanisyA.thumb.jpg.c5630117093d1d15a15d4ef6c7bcc225.jpg

I plan to go with Ethernet configuration; however I believe my Mobile program initially set my eisy up as wireless. Any recommendations on how to convert from wired to wireless?

@saclarkdoc plug in network cable and reboot (might not be needed, but good idea). The eisy will disable wifi automatically. Note, since using a different network connection the IP address might change, and if you’ve setup DHCP reservation for the wifi MAC addresses you’ll need to alter it for the wired MAC addresses. 

But as @DennisC suggests…please read the wiki for the eisy User Guide. It has a lot of good information that helps. 

Now that I have most of my switches up and running in my Admin Console, I would like to be able to use UD Mobile (to change a switch's individual status using the UD Mobile Node Dashboard, but I have been unable to find my Node Dashboard screen. Is there a section in my (iOS) UD Mobile manual that clarifies how I can access this Dashboard?

5 hours ago, saclarkdoc said:

Now that I have most of my switches up and running in my Admin Console, I would like to be able to use UD Mobile (to change a switch's individual status using the UD Mobile Node Dashboard, but I have been unable to find my Node Dashboard screen. Is there a section in my (iOS) UD Mobile manual that clarifies how I can access this Dashboard?

Since your original issue appears solved, you might want to start a new topic in the UD Mobile section of the forum for better exposure.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, saclarkdoc said:

From the main UD Mobile screen, connect to your controller, Devices and Scenes. Then select your device and you are able to control the devices.

However, a much easier way is to set up favorites and put the devices you want all together. UD Mobile is very customizable and you can change the icons and have the color change based on on/off status.

When you are ready go through the wiki instructions for "how to" information.

51 minutes ago, saclarkdoc said:

@DennisC I must be doing something with UD Mobile incorrectly, because this is what my Home screen looks like (sorry the shot is a bit blurry).

image.jpeg.75428c3e84fc93034010132836ac4ec8.jpeg

Use the back arrow at the top of the page to go back to the home page. You are on an edit page.

As you back out, look in the upper right corner for a pencil icon that you may need to use to turn off edit.

Also, if it asks to save changes, click discard (no).