Hue PG3 cycles every night at midnight

Lore

Could be Hue device (hub) issue. I run same node server and don’t have any disconnect issues. Perhaps the network connection to the Hue hub is going out or the device (Hue hub) is having other issues.

Download the log file from the node server and see if you see anything happening at midnight. Not sure if the Hue app has any history or logs. 

2023-07-26 00:00:04,272 MQTT udi_interface.interface DEBUG interface:_message: QUEUING incoming message longPoll 2023-07-26 00:01:04,761 Command udi_interface.interface DEBUG interface:_parseInput: DEQUEING longPoll 2023-07-26 00:01:04,762 MQTT udi_interface.interface DEBUG interface:_message: QUEUING incoming message shortPoll 2023-07-26 00:01:04,765 Command udi_interface.interface DEBUG interface:_parseInput: DEQUEING shortPoll 2023-07-26 00:01:04,766 MQTT udi_interface.interface INFO interface:_disconnect: MQTT Unexpected disconnection. Trying to reconnect in 10 seconds. rc: 7 

This is the log.  Seems to show some sort of polling, then a disconnect.  It's the same every night.

8 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@KFreeman,

Do you reboot your router every night?

With kind regards,
Michel

Nope.  Plus the other nodes stay up, like my thermostat, which will report a drop if I reboot.  I suppose the router could do a quick drop at midnight for some reason and it's too quick to be caught by the other nodes.  It's not a big deal, it's just that an update to UD Mobile now tells me about such drops.

17 hours ago, KFreeman said:

This is the log.  Seems to show some sort of polling, then a disconnect.  It's the same every night.

Do you have the Hue hub set with an IP reservation in the router? Do you have the IP referenced in the node server setup?

Are you running this on Polisy or eisy?

If on Polisy is this PG3 or have you migrated to PG3x (this is not a suggestion to go to PG3x if you haven't only a question...don't blindly go to PG3x without reading more about it - note the process removes PG2 from the Polisy)

As I said, I'm running this node server. I'm on eisy so PG3x. I have the same udi happening, but not queuing. I put the log into debug and restarted the node server and did get this QUEUING line, but it went right though. (snip of my log below)

2023-07-27 00:00:08,551 MQTT       udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:_message: Successfully set 88010958c2dd0b :: GV5 to 24 UOM 100
2023-07-27 00:00:08,679 MQTT       udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:_message: Successfully set 88010958c2dd0b :: ST to 9.4488 UOM 51
2023-07-27 00:00:08,784 MQTT       udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:_message: Successfully set 88010954beaa0b :: GV5 to 64 UOM 100

2023-07-27 00:30:24,003 MQTT       udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_message: QUEUING incoming message longPoll
2023-07-27 00:30:24,004 Command    udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_parseInput: DEQUEING longPoll

If your router has the hub at a static IP then the node server should find it. And it wouldn't work if it's not finding the hub at other times of the day so that's probably far fetched for troubleshooting, but worth checking. Maybe it's reloading something at midnight and can't find the hub so causes a drop.

When it drops does it reconnect and stay running? How long before it reconnects? (on the UD Mobile notifications)

At this point I would suggest you open a support ticket and supply a full log for the node server and possibly a PG3/PG3x log package with your ticket so it can be reviewed.

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

20 hours ago, Geddy said:

Do you have the Hue hub set with an IP reservation in the router? Do you have the IP referenced in the node server setup?

Are you running this on Polisy or eisy?

If on Polisy is this PG3 or have you migrated to PG3x (this is not a suggestion to go to PG3x if you haven't only a question...don't blindly go to PG3x without reading more about it - note the process removes PG2 from the Polisy)

I have a Polisy.

PG3 Version 3.1.23
Frontend Version: 3.1.23
IoX Version: 5.6.3   Connected

No PG3x.  I only have what comes down from updating on the ISY screen.

Everything has IP reservations and I configured the node with the Hue Hub static IP.  The recovery is quick and complete.  I have 25 bulbs on my Hue Hub V2, so maybe a longer list causes a brief delay and the time out detection is too short?  The Hue Hub really needs a refresh.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I updated to PG3x and am still getting the Hue drop out at midnight.  Polisy running 25 Hue Bulbs, 126 Insteon devices, 3 Roombas, 1 Rachio, 2 Venstar, 1 Vue, Weather, and Notifications.

PG3x Version 3.2.13
Frontend Version: 3.2.13
IoX Version: 5.7.0

31 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@Lore

Is it just the Hue or other node servers too? Also, does it come back on its own?

With kind regards,
Michel

Hue alone drops for 1 minute at midnight with the above debug log and two notifications showing disconnect and connect.  Hue Hub V2 is hardwired to the same switch as the Polisy and nothing else drops.

16 hours ago, Lore said:

I updated to PG3x

After you updated to PG3x did you run the process to "Reinstall all Node Servers"? (sorry...now "Reinstall all Plugins")

Also, after the update did you just perform a reboot by pressing the "reboot" button in admin console or did you perform a power cycle? 

I think it might be that the device isn't starting (or restarting) correctly and a full power cycle should be performed. Additionally, make sure you run the reinstall process from the System menu.

image.png

Part of a recent update in Python required this step (Reinstall all Plugins) to be performed. I know it's not put in any of the update links for going to PG3x currently, but this step is posted in another update thread specific to the Python update. 

If you've performed the reinstall process and a full power cycle of the Polisy and are still having issues, I would suggest you open a support ticket (https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets).

• Download the log file from the Hue plugin as it is. 
  • Put the log status into debug
  • Press "restart".
  • Keep the log window open.
  • After it settles wait about 5-10 minutes
  • Download the log package.

Both logs downloaded should be zipped. Add them to your support ticket so UDI has all the details up front.

• Like 2