Zooz ZEN72 800LR No status reporting in Polisy with Zmatter Board

trevorst
Go to solution Solved by trevorst,

I have been trying to get Zen72 to work with my Polisy/Zmatter for the last couple of days. There is no communication from the switch to the ISY no matter what parameters I change. All the nodes show up in the admin console just fine. Thought the Zen72 maybe faulty so I exchanged it, same results with the new one, no status updates. Everything works fine from the Admin Console, programs work, scenes work and updates are shown, but nothing when using the switch.

Anyone have ant ideas. I will also post the above in a ticket.

Zen72.JPG

Edited by trevorst

I added a Zooz Zen71 switch to my Zmatter zwave system and had the same problem.  I then upgraded the zooz zen71 switch firmware and status is now reporting and I was able to change parameter.  I downloaded the firmware for the zooz from their website and installed it by right clicking on the module in the admin tree and selecting zwave/OTA firmware upgrade. 

• Solution

Problem solved by Chris Jahn when he replied to my ticket the solution from Chris is:

Its possible the associations from the device to IoX weren't successfully written, try this:

- right+click | Z-Wave | Rewrite All Device Links

- right+click | Write Changes

Did as Chris suggested and all communication is now working....

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Interestingly I have exactly the same problem on all 45 of the ZEN77 4.1 f/w version units I have installed.  I tried the rewrite all device links and still same problem - the ZEN77 does not report status event (button / paddle pushes).

ZEN77 800 LR with f/w 4.1 
I can control the units and query - just not status reporting.  No issues with GE / Inovelli / Jasco in same install. 

Edited by mad_scot
Adding more info
12 hours ago, mad_scot said:

Interestingly I have exactly the same problem on all 45 of the ZEN77 4.1 f/w version units I have installed.  I tried the rewrite all device links and still same problem - the ZEN77 does not report status event (button / paddle pushes).

I can control the units and query - just not status reporting.  No issues with GE / Inovelli / Jasco in same install. 

You should open a support ticket with UD so they can investigate and correct the issue if it is in their firmware.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 3:41 PM, mad_scot said:

I worked with Chris after writing a ticket but still could not solve the issue. Like you controlling from the  Admin Console and all scenes and programs work fine , but the switch is not reporting correctly (or at all). I did get my switch to send DON/DOF messages from the Basic Scene node and can use that to control a basic program, but no status is ever received from the main switch node. I think it could be something to do with the 800 series specs. Just a thought.