No battery level display for any Zooz devices after ZMatter migration

CMortimer
Go to solution Solved by CMortimer,

After i migrated to ZMatter on my Polisy system, I noticed that none of the battery sensors/devices were displaying battery level on the device main screen, or reporting battery level in a program.

At present, all battery devices are reporting a blank field on the Main device page, or a zero value when reported by a program.  All other features like motion, temperature and humidity are being correctly displayed and reported.

How can I get the battery level to display correctly again.  

I have looked through many posts but none have addressed my particular situation.

On 10/9/2023 at 6:47 PM, CMortimer said:

After i migrated to ZMatter on my Polisy system, I noticed that none of the battery sensors/devices were displaying battery level on the device main screen, or reporting battery level in a program.

At present, all battery devices are reporting a blank field on the Main device page, or a zero value when reported by a program.  All other features like motion, temperature and humidity are being correctly displayed and reported.

How can I get the battery level to display correctly again.  

I have looked through many posts but none have addressed my particular situation.

Have you tried doing a Zwave sync with and without Interview?

Thank you for letting me know how to do this linking mode or Z-wave sync.  I tried this and it did not work.  So I decided to reinstall the device and adjust the associated programming.  All is now well with all variables showing, along with battery level.  I now have to do this procedure with the other Zooz battery powered devices, i.e., ZSE18 motion sensor, and ZSE44 temp/humidity sensor

Thank you

1 hour ago, CMortimer said:

Thank you for letting me know how to do this linking mode or Z-wave sync.  I tried this and it did not work.  So I decided to reinstall the device and adjust the associated programming.  All is now well with all variables showing, along with battery level.  I now have to do this procedure with the other Zooz battery powered devices, i.e., ZSE18 motion sensor, and ZSE44 temp/humidity sensor

Thank you

I have this issue with all of my Zooz battery devices, their interview doesn't complete unless you keep pressing the button during the interview and it's very easy to have them partially but not completely interviewed. You can confirm they are fully interviewed by right clicking the device, then go to XRay/DH Command Classes. Look at each command class for "interview Done=True". If any are False, try again.

• Solution

Thank you for this useful tip. I will try your suggestions on my other Zooz devices.  It is interesting to note that when I removed the device, all program lines referencing the device were deleted forcing me to completely recreate the logic for each blank lines. It would be very nice if Universal Devices would simply flag the code lines as needing device update,