REST API and eISY - does API work the same in eISY as ISY?

cwagner2401
Go to solution Solved by Javi,

• Solution
5 hours ago, cwagner2401 said:

I have a number of home-brew IoT devices that send and receive state variables to/from my ISY994. I'm considering upgrading to eISY and wanting to know if there is any difference in the REST API behavior.

Thanks.

The only difference for State variable request/set is the local port has changed from 80 to 8080. 

3 hours ago, Javi said:

Ports cannot be changed for services/APIs, clients should allow port changes or accept port in URL.  When it was allowed it caused too many support tickets due to conflicts.

Problem I have is my old isy99i I am using as an IR receiver.  It receives IR commands and then uses network resource to trigger polisy.  But in the last year, I am no longer able to login to 99i because java won't let me.  Says the certificate is expired.  So can you tell me how to get around that so I can configure my 99i again?

15 hours ago, apostolakisl said:

Problem I have is my old isy99i I am using as an IR receiver.  It receives IR commands and then uses network resource to trigger polisy.  But in the last year, I am no longer able to login to 99i because java won't let me.  Says the certificate is expired.  So can you tell me how to get around that so I can configure my 99i again?

Not really related to this topic, the 99i (not 994) has been discontinued for a long time.  

If I remember correctly you have another topic and the issue is the newer Java version has compatibility issues with the 99i Admin Console.  Besides the recommendations given on that topic I don't know, we don't have a functioning 99i to test and being that the device is so far out of support we don't have the resources to release new firmware.

As an alternative you may be able to use the eISYIR node server for IR. I believe someone posted the original ISY IR codes somewhere which may make the transition easier.