HomeKit support

SSS

All, an update. It's definitely doable and it does not require FreeBSD version because it's node.js/javascript/typescript based. We did get it to work but the overhead is just way too high and there's no clean integration that we could come up with.

One of our customers is working on a streamlined version. So, we have not given up and please stay tuned.

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

All, an update. It's definitely doable and it does not require FreeBSD version because it's node.js/javascript/typescript based. We did get it to work but the overhead is just way too high and there's no clean integration that we could come up with.

One of our customers is working on a streamlined version. So, we have not given up and please stay tuned.

With kind regards,
Michel

I presume Polisy would be included in this integration?

So what is the other approach, our ultimate goal is to see natively connected devices in eisy into HomeKit without the need for any external hub, bridge, plugins etc…I can imagine if Insteon hub comes out first with HomeKit compatibility or matter support and say if all Insteon devices are now visible in HomeKit/Smarthings etc etc @ all matter Eco system, eisy will start to lose ground big time…(see my other post on eisy Matter support)

So this will be just like the Hue Hub with Matter support, all devices connected to Hue Hub are not Matter compatible but the Hub works as the bridge, it works like a charm, l have Hue devices and 3rd party Zigbee devices all that is needed is that they work with Hue Hub and wow they all all show up in HomeKit…l hope something similar 

And as you know my setup, once in HomeKit, it takes into Roomie Remote one of the best custom interface apps out in the market.

What is the ETA?

On 11/8/2023 at 12:58 PM, SSS said:

So this will be just like the Hue Hub with Matter support, all devices connected to Hue Hub are not Matter compatible but the Hub works as the bridge, it works like a charm, l have Hue devices and 3rd party Zigbee devices all that is needed is that they work with Hue Hub and wow they all all show up in HomeKit…l hope something similar 

And as you know my setup, once in HomeKit, it takes into Roomie Remote one of the best custom interface apps out in the market.

What is the ETA?

Looked at the roomie app in the App Store and noticed update 2 weeks ago says “UD ISY Optimized”. Doesn’t mention EISY but what is current problem with EISY and Roomie? 

No issues for RR with eisy, l wish to see all Insteon / eisy devices in HomeKit…as well. In reality there is no one app that can meet all needs, HomeKit and RR together is almost 99.99% of all HA need as far as I can think…RR is a grewt platform for integrating multiple platforms, device, different protocols etc…HK has some cool GUI, like if you have one too many hue lights, changing and setting colors RR lacks color interface 

• 1 month later...

Yes, very eager to know the launch date and more eager to know what solution type are you working on, native support, third party via polygot, node server, hoobs/home assistant etc…

hope it’s native support without the need for any other hub or reliance on third party.

Edited by SSS

Agree 100% but it would be nice if the plans are shared such that we know the direction they are going and  get some sort of feedback if it works / desired by most of the end customers…as UD mentioned they went in a different direction but changed to a different direction now so some awareness could be useful @ friendly feedback…for instance if they are going the homebridge route its will be a no no, the world is moving away from multiple hubs to just one hub or no hub at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Michel Kohanim, thanks for the update.  I have been using both "Isy js" and "Isy Maker" on Homebridge to provide homekit support for everything running on the isy (now eisy).  I am looking forward to a native solution and one that hopefully doesn't require using state variables to interface with isy/eisy programs.  Thanks for all your efforts. BR/Pete

Edited by vspete