UD Mobile For iPhone Update 1.1.35

jkosharek

Last night my UD Mobile was updated to 1.1.35 and a few things that are broken. The scaling and favorites jumping around is almost completely fixed, which is great but...

1. Text scaling went to tiny with no way to configure it, it's like the UD Mobile app is no longer honoring the device scaling setting. It's almost unreadable. 

2. I have variables configured for status on a number of devices, programs, and timers. Since this update they are no longer being read or displayed in real time. I have the setting to request state and integer values when opening and that is still working. If I change from the page and go back the variable updates. If I open the variable directly it updates in real time.

3. I found that one of my pages that is 3 wide and I have a button that is 2 wide, most of the other buttons that are 1 wide will not go next to it. I tried specifying the button span manually and default. 

2 hours ago, jkosharek said:

Last night my UD Mobile was updated to 1.1.35 and a few things that are broken. The scaling and favorites jumping around is almost completely fixed, which is great but...

Great

1. Text scaling went to tiny with no way to configure it, it's like the UD Mobile app is no longer honoring the device scaling setting. It's almost unreadable. 

Favorites no longer honors the phones text size setting as this setting caused the scaling issues in previous versions (iOS issue, no way to work around). The text should adjust automatically to fit the tile size.  While not yet implemented we plan to allow users the option to select the tile height which should allow for larger text.

2. I have variables configured for status on a number of devices, programs, and timers. Since this update they are no longer being read or displayed in real time. I have the setting to request state and integer values when opening and that is still working. If I change from the page and go back the variable updates. If I open the variable directly it updates in real time.

Replicated Program and Variable status not updating on Favorites.  Please let me know if the issue persists in 1.1.36.

3. I found that one of my pages that is 3 wide and I have a button that is 2 wide, most of the other buttons that are 1 wide will not go next to it. I tried specifying the button span manually and default. 

If issue persists in 1.1.36, which it likely will, I may need a copy of the app backup to replicate.

7 minutes ago, Javi said:

Great

Favorites no longer honors the phones text size setting as this setting caused the scaling issues in previous versions (iOS issue, no way to work around). The text should adjust automatically to fit the tile size.  While not yet implemented we plan to allow users the option to select the tile height which should allow for larger text.

Replicated Program and Variable status not updating on Favorites.  Please let me know if the issue persists in 1.1.36.

If issue persists in 1.1.36, which it likely will, I may need a copy of the app backup to replicate.

The text is about 1/2 the size it was before the update and on an iPhone 15 Pro Max it's now way to small, I couldn't image being able to read this on smaller phones.

Here is an example of C30 Longer titles being smaller text and c10 shorter titles being taller (I would expect this):

image.thumb.jpeg.8c82b2762c1d1e7956e2b25fc1e7b7f7.jpeg

Here is an example of everything being too small. Based on what you said above the title size, these are all short and I would expect them to be larger. The titles and values are all short and I would expect them to be larger. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ae34c2142d27f897fdbcf8545dbe5182.jpeg

Is the global text size being settable going to be an option? You mentioned a future setting for the titles size, will that also be true for the values text size?

What is the time line for 1.1.36 to be released?

11 hours ago, Javi said:

Ok, looking into this also.  Hope to have a release by end of day.

1.1.36 fixed the variables! Thank you for such a quick turn around. Text is slightly larger as well:

image.thumb.png.ddfd8a16a64bef1918ec5a84f24aaad2.png

Edited by jkosharek
Uploaded the wrong screenshot

Replicated Scenes issue on Favorites, will look into today.

The other errors are related to the system.  It is usually caused by a misbehaving client, other users have isolated Home Bridge as one of the clients that may malfunction and create too many connections to eisy/Polisy/isy without releasing any of previous connections.  Although it is very possible there are other clients which could cause the issue.

Please try reboot again if issue still persists as this should reset all connections. Waiit at least 5 minutes before attempting synchronization.  If you are using Home Bridge this may need to be disabled.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, jkosharek said:

Is there a troubleshooting procedure for that? Don’t use home bridge and I haven’t had to look at that since the direct connections from MobiLinc mobile app days.

The issue has been identified by the app, at this time there are no other troubleshooting steps.

Reboot usually solves the issue and is easiest.  We recently implemented a manual method for testers to disconnect clients, although we don't have enough feedback to verify this solution works long term.   If you would like to try the manual method go to Admin Tab >Subscribers > then press  the trash icon next to any list item which has "isPortal: no", deleting the "isPortal: yes" entry may require waiting a few minutes for portal reconnection, but is otherwise not harmful.  Some connections may reappear shortly after removal which is intended behavior.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, jkosharek said:

@JaviMy not expired connections currently looks like this, would the non-portal connection be PG3x? I don't currently have any Admin Consoles open, would an MQTT Explorer count?

It could be the connection to UD Mobile if using Local Connection Settings.

PG3 may also be a subscriber depending on installed Node Servers.

If clients are behaving correctly they should reconnect automatically when the connection is still being used. The sock number will change.

If these are the only 2 subscribers then the Already Subscribed error should no longer be present.  Are you still encountering errors?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Javi said:

It could be the connection to UD Mobile if using Local Connection Settings.

PG3 may also be a subscriber depending on installed Node Servers.

If clients are behaving correctly they should reconnect automatically when the connection is still being used. The sock number will change.

If these are the only 2 subscribers then the Already Subscribed error should no longer be present.  Are you still encountering errors?

No, it was OK after a reboot you suggested. I was just looking for info on what to expect. I don't have a local connection configured because I thought it was causing trouble with this. It might be hard to troubleshoot because this screen does not work and says the portal is offline. Is there a IoX URL that displays these connections, something I can get to outside of the app and when the app thinks UD cloud is offline? 

I am playing with a MQTT node from the non-prod store and have a MQTT explorer running wonder if that causing the issue. 

5 minutes ago, jkosharek said:

No, it was OK after a reboot you suggested. I was just looking for info on what to expect. I don't have a local connection configured because I thought it was causing trouble with this. It might be hard to troubleshoot because this screen does not work and says the portal is offline. Is there a IoX URL that displays these connections, something I can get to outside of the app and when the app thinks UD cloud is offline? 

Removing the subscribers can be done from both Local and Portal connections. There are APIs but no User Interface outside of UD Mobile.  With that said if you can connect to the system this should continue to work with the errors shown above.

Assuming the error is "Already Subscribed" or "Max Subscribers" then the system is still online but the Event Stream (real time status update socket) is not working due to too many connections.  Removing subscribers from a remote connections should still work when the Event Stream is not working and system is "online" in Portal.

19 hours ago, Javi said:

Great, Thanks for everyone's help and patience during rebuilt.

Javi, UDM is looking really good and really like the Favorites icons and all.

Question: The Home screen is rather empty and could easily handle all the main icons rather than a More ... icon.  Are there plans for this space?

Great work!

Edited by mmb
  • Like 2

From home, I select my EISY, then a lot of times I have to select more to get to the variables, programs and what not. I recent change that is kind of a pain. I would think that could all be on 1 sub page, it could also be a span of 3 wide.

And when browsing the EISY, I don't see a difference between "Devices" and "Devices and Scenes". 

Would be nice to have most of the features available on one screen, but to continue to make them Hideable for users that dont need to see them all etc.. (like spouses :) ) When I use the app I either get what I want quickly from my favorites or else I am almost only going to one of three things: programs, variables or devices... all the other stuff and any extra steps to get to these three items is just a pain. 

Thanks!