Sensor trigger or not

Marsh

I have a problem with a program that leaves me to believe that I am missing Info about how UD handles changes in sensor status. The If statement in my program which is not called by any other program "If gate open sensor is off" relies solely on the change in gate status to run. It is the only program that tests the sensor being off. I don't know how but it executes the Else statement. How can this be? I would like to know how ISY triggers this program to run.

@Marsh best way to get help with programs is to post the program in your message.

To share a program in the forums the best/easiest way is to right click the program and select "Copy to Clipboard" (the last menu item). Then paste it as text in your post on the forum.  (Note, you're wanting to use "COPY to Clipboard"...do NOT use "export")

Also, please let us know:

• what IoX device you're using,
  • the firmware you're on and
  • what kind of sensor you're using to get status from

IoX logic will run anytime any portion of the "IF" statement happens. When it triggers "true" the "THEN" will happen. If it triggers "false" the "ELSE" will happen. You can see how the program was last evaluated by the color of the program in the program tree. If half green it was true, if half red it was false. 

I'm not sure what Is the IoX device, but I have an ISY994 firmware version v.4.9.0.   I am getting the gate status from a relay on the gate control board. (It was a long time ago). My 2450 I/O link provides the sensor status to the ISY.

This is the code:

End Gate Activity  - [ID 0068][Parent 0023]

If
        Status  'My Devices / My Sensors / Gate Open Sensor' is Off

Then
        Run Program 'Text: End Gate then' (Then Path)
        Run Program 'Gate Closed Car Activity ' (If)

Else
        Run Program 'Text: End Gate Else' (Then Path)
        Run Program 'Gate Closed Reset Switches' (Then Path)