UD mobile synchronization doesn't complete

baabm

I have been trying to run the synchronization of my UD mobile to the EISY and it starts off OK, syncing a bunch of stuff including programs and "optional", but when it gets to "Getting Network Resource files from ISY", it hangs up and never completes. I tried letting it run overnight last night and it never completed. 

I'd like to make sure that UDM and the EISY are synchronized before I go on a trip.

Thanks,

Bob M

1 hour ago, baabm said:

I have been trying to run the synchronization of my UD mobile to the EISY and it starts off OK, syncing a bunch of stuff including programs and "optional", but when it gets to "Getting Network Resource files from ISY", it hangs up and never completes. I tried letting it run overnight last night and it never completed. 

I'd like to make sure that UDM and the EISY are synchronized before I go on a trip.

Thanks,

Bob M

Have you tried rebooting eisy? Might even try power cycling.

4 hours ago, baabm said:

when it gets to "Getting Network Resource files from ISY", it hangs up and never completes.

As @DennisC points out maybe just reboot or power cycle of the eisy will help.

Otherwise, make sure the eisy and UD Mobile are completely updated. You can find the current firmware for eisy in the current release announcement area. Make sure you have the current version of UD Mobile from your mobile device store.

If all this is confirmed and you're still having problems then let us know how you are connecting to the device. 

• If through portal - maybe setup a local connection to make successful sync

• if locally then attempt portal connection for a successful sync

Did you migrate to the eisy recently?

• If so, did you click on and save each network resource (that's part of the migration steps)

Have you ever had a successful sync with UD Mobile? 

• If so, what might have changed since the last successful sync? 
    • account credentials change?
    • Network equipment change?

If these fail the next best thing would be to open a support ticket with UDI and be sure to mark as UD Mobile issue.

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

5 hours ago, baabm said:

Thanks,

Bob M

If reboot/upgrade does not correct the issue and you have an ISY Portal account then please open a ticket.  Include your UUID and platform (iOS/Android) with text stating Javi asked you to open a ticket.  I will provide instructions for remote diagnostic approval if we need to connect to your system to replicate the issue.

• Like 1

More info: I had cycled power before my initial writeup. I didn't realize that a reboot (from the admin console) is a different animal, so I did that today. It still hangs up in network resources. 

I don't know when this issue started but I had switched over to EISY a few months ago and set up UDMobile at that time and had done several synchronizations while setting up UDM.

I have made a few recent changes to my network resources in order to utilize the notification node server, but I think I saved everything I changed. I'll try to save them all again.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, baabm said:

I have an ISY portal account, but cannot find where to open a ticket. 

The ticket link was in my previous post, but I see @Javi shared the link again.

3 hours ago, baabm said:

I didn't realize that a reboot (from the admin console) is a different animal, so I did that today.

Technically it shouldn't be different, but many have found over the course of updates that sometimes the reboot button in admin console doesn't fully restart the eisy. For that reason a full power cycle might be necessary. I can sometimes tell if a system is hung or stuck if the muti-function button presses does not actually reboot or shutdown the system as expected. The wiki has the proper button pushes for the multi-function button (the power button) on the eisy.

Hope it's a simple fix. Please try to post back what steps might have been taken to get this resolved so it might help others should they have this issue in the future.

Thanks for the explanation re: the multi function button. I never actually use that to cycle the power, I essentially disconnect it from power and reconnect it. This “seemed” to have less impact on the system as using the admin console to reboot. After the power cycle, the EISY simply restarted.  But after the reboot, I got a message saying the system has been updated- which seems like more activity to me. 

7 minutes ago, baabm said:

I never actually use that to cycle the power, I essentially disconnect it from power and reconnect it.

There have been a few posts about this a while back (both when Polisy came out and again earlier this year when eisy was released). Most feel since there is a lot more being processed by these more advanced systems that a proper shutdown or forced reboot is suggested so you know systems are halted/stopped and don’t risk becoming corrupt with a simple power pull. 

Of course if they aren’t on a UPS and the power goes out there’s nothing stopping the systems, but usually we (the users) see a power cycle as a quick/easy way to just restart everything. And usually it’s when updates have been attempted or if something is “stuck”. Often times that can be when systems become corrupt if not stopped properly.