IoLinc 2450/SECO-LARM sensor for Garage Door

Kentinada
Go to solution Solved by Kentinada,

I just put my old IOLinc 2450 with SECO-LARM Sensor on our garage door of our condo we moved into about a year ago.  The addition of the device in the AC creates 2 devices: a Relay and a Sensor device. 

• Sensor: the way I have it wired, in the Off state, the door is closed.  When the door is opened, it changes to On. 
  • Relay: to trigger the garage door through UD Mobile or an AC program, I have to change the state of the Relay from Off to On.  If the Relay is in the On state, and I change it to Off, the door does nothing. It only operates (up or down) from Off to On. 

Is that expected? I'm wondering how I can program this condition into an AC program which will always work if this is expected behavior.  

Is it an intelligent opener?

Where it has a display with things like a clock or a simple push button control.

If it is a simple push button. Does it act the same way. As the button is normally off and pushing it turns it on.

Is the I/OLinc set for a momentary relay on pulse or continuous?

I would try momentary C.  I just put a 2450 on a liftmaster due to the myq node no longer working and it works correctly with that and with the google home.  I now have to say turn on or turn off garage door...

I just pulled up what i have it set at.  I think I put a magnetic switch for the sensor.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 190332.png

Edited by captainc
update
  • Solution

So I tried the other momentary settings and they all seemed to behave the same.  I left it on B. But I have 2 programs set up let me know when the door goes up or down.  

Open Program:   Notice the Query on the sensor after it sends the message.  This resets the Relay back to off so the next press of the Relay will work.  

Garage Door Open - [ID 001A][Parent 0019]

If
        '06-Garage / Garage Door-Sensor' is switched On

Then
        Set 'Notification Controller / UD Mobile' Send Message To Kent Sound 'UI Notification' Content 12 Notification ID (ID=12)
        Set '06-Garage / Garage Door-Sensor' Query

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Close Program:  Same story on the Query as open. 

Garage Door Closed - [ID 001B][Parent 0019]

If
        '06-Garage / Garage Door-Sensor' is switched Off

Then
        Set 'Notification Controller / UD Mobile' Send Message To Kent Sound 'UI Notification' Content 13 Notification ID (ID=13)
        Set '06-Garage / Garage Door-Sensor' Query

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

In UD Mobile I set the Sensor and Relay as favorites.  I changed the icon of the Sensor to be a garage door and the Relay to be a push button (of sorts).  When I press the Garage Door Button, it will operate the door either up or down correctly.  What I want to do now is figure out how to change on the Sensor "Off" to "Closed" and "On" to "Open". 

If anyone has any ideas on that, please let me know.    Thanks!!

IMG_3531.thumb.PNG.643fc09d8283bf722908fd34ba99be04.PNG

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Kentinada said:

What I want to do now is figure out how to change on the Sensor "Off" to "Closed" and "On" to "Open". 

If anyone has any ideas on that, please let me know

Click on the Pencil icon to enter edit mode, followed by selecting the device. In the popup select Configure and then add a mapped value by clicking Add.

There are examples in the UDM wiki. From here you can use the current value to change color, display status, icon, or add prefix and sufix.

You can add as many as you like.

• Like 1