Yolink Devices showing "Not Connected"

I haven't checked the eISY in a while since I've moved largely to Home Assistant, but I noticed all my Yolink devices show as "not connected" in the AC even though YolinkSetup says "Connected". The devices do not appear to be updating.

I just changed my password but the NS confirg only asks for UAID and secret and those haven't changed, so I don't think it's related to the password change. I know something changed on the Yolink side because the Home Assistant integration for Yolink is broken, could this be the same thing?

Check out my post further down titled  " "connect to broker timeout". Apparently they are throttling/ rejecting our connection requests. I have had problems all this month with the yolink API. 

I stopped getting updates through the Yolink nodeserver. Looking at the Yolink nodeserver logs I was getting the error "Connection to broker timedout"

@Panda88 and Michaels team did a great job trouble shooting the issue and found that the nodeserver is being rejected by Yolink. 

Just recently many of my motion sensors stopped reporting their status via the Home Assistant interface.

Check your HA logs. I am seeing "yolink MQTT client disconnected"  thousands of times

So the bottom line is, something has drastically changed with their API access over the past month.

I have sent 2 emails to them and am still having the problem. I am going to escalate it to yolink again today. I think we all need to send our issues to their support people. 

I have heard, as others have posted here, that a new yolink hub is on the way that is going to have local API access. Hopefully that will solve these issues. 

I am trying to throttle the calls to match the new limits, but my count does not match what their server uses for throttling.  Also if a device goes offline it shows up as being throttled ??

I did try to introduce a throttled state in each node, but not sure how well it works - There are likely still some bugs as the logic has had to be changed and that introduces bugs :-(

On the use of UAID - there is no relationship to the login - unless the reset the access when passwords are changed - you can likely see in the app if the password is revoked

You can also send a log (PM) and I can take a look 

Edited by Panda88
1 hour ago, Panda88 said:

I am trying to throttle the calls to match the new limits, but my count does not match what their server uses for throttling.  Also if a device goes offline it shows up as being throttled ??

I did try to introduce a throttled state in each node, but not sure how well it works - There are likely still some bugs as the logic has had to be changed and that introduces bugs :-(

Thanks, this explanation helps me. My first application is an 8003 TH module in the bathroom to activate a vent fan. I used the app graph and log data to determine the "slope" for humidity increase for iox programs to know it's the shower being run vs ambient humidity changes

What the sensor shows, the app shows and the nodes in iox can be different things, following each other. I get that the sensor doesn't update the cloud right away, but I've been watching its operation, and I think its natural time gaps in sensor->cloud, and additional gaps cloud->plugin & iox. 

This is not a complaint and I don't have enough data ready right now to report. This plugin is a great thing and I have plans to expand my yolink sensor network, especially now I know what to expect.

Edited by paulbates

Same thing here with the many "Yolink MQTT client disconnected" messages in the HA log. From what I understand, there is an update to HA coming to address this. On HA what I have noticed is all devices update status when the Yolink integration starts, but then no updates until the integration gets reloaded. On eISY, restarting the node server has no effect, it never updates the device status.

I'm running PG3x 3.2.17 with IoX 5.8.0.

Edited by landolfi
3 hours ago, stevehoyt said:

I have sent 2 emails to them and am still having the problem. I am going to escalate it to yolink again today. I think we all need to send our issues to their support people. 

I am very impressed with the responsiveness of yosmart support. I've found a few things wrong and the app and they have acknowledge them, as well as acknowledged feature requests. I realize the path to implementation is longer, but I really appreciate not being sent generic links to generic solutions. 

3 hours ago, stevehoyt said:

I have heard, as others have posted here, that a new yolink hub is on the way that is going to have local API access. Hopefully that will solve these issues. 

I asked them recently and got the opposite response, there are new features but not local api for hub 3

Sorry if I offended you Paul. 

I have no problem with yolink support or ISY they are both great. My intention was that if more people reported as I had that they could resolve the issue quicker as the issue seems to have many facets to it.

I have heard from them and know how to fix it now. 

1 hour ago, stevehoyt said:

I have no problem with yolink support or ISY they are both great. My intention was that if more people reported as I had that they could resolve the issue quicker as the issue seems to have many facets to it.

No, sorry I may have said it to wrong. I was in support of your comment, and agreeing that they respond to their user base... we're all good.  👍👍

21 hours ago, Panda88 said:

On the use of UAID - there is no relationship to the login - unless the reset the access when passwords are changed - you can likely see in the app if the password is revoked

I think this means if UAID is reset when password changed, but UAID and secret are the same in the app as they were before the password change, and thus matching the node server config. So it appears changing password has no efffect on node server config, which is great.