ELK UD Mobile Custom Tile Test

@Jimbo.Automates

I tried your sample custom tile for Elk today, and it performed as expected.

While this is unrelated specifically to your Custom Tile, as it also happens in UD Mobile, I keep forgetting to ask about it, so here goes:

When arming in UD Mobile and the Custom Tile, you can not change the arming type without first disarming the system. Example: You accidently arm away mode, but intended to arm vacation mode. You can not then select arm vacation mode, you first need to disarm the system.

This is not consistent with how the Elk keypads work. With an Elk keypad, if you make a mistake, you can correct the mistake by selecting the intended arming type.

Is it possible to have the Elk Plugin replicate this behavior?

5 hours ago, DennisC said:

While this is unrelated specifically to your Custom Tile, as it also happens in UD Mobile, I keep forgetting to ask about it, so here goes:

When arming in UD Mobile and the Custom Tile, you can not change the arming type without first disarming the system. Example: You accidently arm away mode, but intended to arm vacation mode. You can not then select arm vacation mode, you first need to disarm the system.

This is not consistent with how the Elk keypads work. With an Elk keypad, if you make a mistake, you can correct the mistake by selecting the intended arming type.

Is it possible to have the Elk Plugin replicate this behavior?

With my ELK keypads this is not possible, once the system is Armed you have to disarm it to arm in another mode.  However when you arm you can push the Stay button multiple times to scroll thru the modes, you can do the same with the " Armed next Away Mode"  and " Armed next Stay Mode", although I can't remember if I actually have ever tested those.  Maybe they should be buttons instead of selections under the Armed Status menu?

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

With my ELK keypads this is not possible, once the system is Armed you have to disarm it to arm in another mode.  However when you arm you can push the Stay button multiple times to scroll thru the modes, you can do the same with the " Armed next Away Mode"  and " Armed next Stay Mode", although I can't remember if I actually have ever tested those.  Maybe they should be buttons instead of selections under the Armed Status menu?

I don't have a strong opinion on buttons vs selections. Although, that might be moot point if you are using the new Custom Tiles.

If possible, I would be interested in being able to change arming modes without having to disarm. To be clear, this is during the exit delay countdown. I never tried it once the delay has timed out.

For keypads, I have ELK-M1KPNAV & ELK-M1KPAS and they both allow you to change arming type during the arming countdown delay.

23 hours ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

You mean in my post?  I looked on my phone using tapatalk and it didn't show up, but just looked using Chrome on my laptop and it shows up.  So I edited the post and deleted & adding it, so hopefully you can see it now?  It's not much to look at :)

Its there now.. thanks..

I don't have a strong opinion on buttons vs selections. Although, that might be moot point if you are using the new Custom Tiles.
If possible, I would be interested in being able to change arming modes without having to disarm. To be clear, this is during the exit delay countdown. I never tried it once the delay has timed out.
For keypads, I have ELK-M1KPNAV & ELK-M1KPAS and they both allow you to change arming type during the arming countdown delay.

Yes that's what I was saying, try the Armed next Stay Mode and see if it actually works and I can move it to a button instead.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

Yes that's what I was saying, try the Armed next Stay Mode and see if it actually works and I can move it to a button instead.

UD Mobile has an Armed Next Stay Mode and an Armed Next Away Mode. Neither allow you to change the armed state without disarming first.

Is that what you wanted me to test?

UD Mobile has an Armed Next Stay Mode and an Armed Next Away Mode. Neither allow you to change the armed state without disarming first.
Is that what you wanted me to test?
Yes, thanks. Then nothing I can.do if the Elk API doesn't support it. But I'll check and make sure it's not an issue on my side.

• 4 weeks later...