Hue Installed in Polyglot but no devices appearing

I had an issue where my Eisy device would not respond. I shipped it back and it was reprogrammed, is now back online. Unfortunate all installed devices were lost so I'm starting from square one again. I've installed several nodes however many show installed and connected (without any devices displaying). 

Hue is one of these and I'm at a loss how to get this corrected. Any suggestions as the help pages do not cover details of setting these things up. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Tominnh said:

Any suggestions as the help pages do not cover details of setting these things up. 

Going from memory because I installed this ages ago and haven't had to change anything since so hopefully it's still simple.

When you installed the Hue plugin (formerly node server) press the button on top of the hub and the plugin should find it and pair to it. I think you might have to restart the plugin. I don't remember if there was a "find hub" button to click when the plugin is first installed/restarted and no hub found. However, try just restarting the plugin and then pressing the button on the hub within about 60 seconds and the hub should be found. You might want to put the logging into debug mode and watch the log run as it pairs with the hub. Once it's connected I would suggest restarting the plugin again and it should pull in all the devices.

Please make sure you set up an IP reservation in your router for the Hue Hub! From the notes on the readme for this plugin:

Notes

Poly assumes that Bridge IP address never change, so it is recommended that you create an IP address reservation for the Hue Bridge on your router.

This was an issue a lot had in the past, and most will stumble into this if/when they replace routers and the DHCP table changes. 

Additionally, if you happen to have multiple hubs you have to use a strange way to add the IP addresses:

In the configuration area add a custom parameter:   bridges

Then the IP should be in this format:       ["10.0.1.1","10.0.2.1"]

Be sure you include the brackets [ ] and the quotes around the IP addresses of the bridges!

Lastly, make sure you have admin console closed (not running) while you add plugins. The only way nodes are added to the admin console is at load so if it's open and you add plugins and get new nodes showing in Polyglot dashboard they won't appear in admin console until it is reloaded. Same for UD Mobile, you will need to synchronize the app once things are altered/setup.

Hope this helps. 

I'm not sure if you mean "not displaying" in the node or on the IoX page of the admin panel.

If you're talking about the admin panel, I can tell you the Hue node will show exactly what you're talking about on power-up. You have to reboot "eisy System Settings" from the configuration tab on the UD admin console. The node values will populate on the IoX page after a reboot.

Unfortunately, the Hue node has been like this for a long time. So, if you have a power failure, for instance, you have reboot IoX every time to get the Hue node to work at all.