YoLink Hub 3 available in yosmart store

Yolink has released the Hub 3 in their store. The new features include battery backup and cellular network backup, which is what they stated to me in a message a couple months ago. At that time they commented that it would also have an ET network port... the product description on the site is pretty bare right now.

Edited by paulbates
  • Like 1

While I'd like to see this product become available, I'm not sure this is real just yet.  Seems like a real product announcement might include some actual technical details on the product.

I emailed their customer service folks just a few days ago to ask about the new hub and this was their response:

"Thank you for reaching out to us and for choosing YoLink products! We're thrilled to share that we have exciting plans to launch our new hub, YS-1605, in mid-2024. One standout feature of this upcoming YoLink hub is its capability to support a SIM card. However, as the device is currently undergoing its final development stages, some features are yet to be confirmed pending thorough testing. We kindly ask you to stay tuned to our website or Facebook page for the latest updates and further details as they unfold."

There doesn't appear to be any news on their Facebook page, so perhaps this is just a placeholder to generate some marketing buzz?  Plus, it's listed on their website as "Cellar hub with battery backup".

Edited by dwengrovitz

Not to be a "Debbie Downer" but what does this give me to upgrade? 

My Yolink hub is plugged into same Battery Backup APC as my eISY so nothing there. 

It has a Cellular hub.  I have a dual WAN setup with Tmobile Home internet (5G Cellular) and Xfinity cable modem.  Ubiquity router switches to Tmobile 5G modem if Xfinity is down.

Its still not a true local hub as it uses cloud over cell. 

If you dont currently have a battery backup or dual wan, I can see a reason to get. 

I dont know how much that sim card and service will be but Tmobile 5G home internet is $50 a month with no minimums.  However speed varies and is not available everywhere.

31 minutes ago, TheA2Z said:

what does this give me to upgrade? 

I'm with you in that I decided a few months ago to go with the current hub. I'm not interested in the battery or network backup... also the TTS capability of the current hub does not exist on the new one. Its for a specific market I'm sure yolink has.

There were those here interested in it so I thought I would post for them. But now @dwengrovitz pointed out that the store content hasn't changed to available even though the email went out. I'm having a little regret over having posted this.... 

This is supposed to be their Matter firmware upgradable hub. Matter should bring local control. A lot of future ifs.

While I would also very much like local control, the core function of my Yolink leak detectors is to close two shutoff valves. Yolink's current D2D paring will do what I need in the extremely unlikely event I have a water leak and internet outage and/or power failure at the same time.

Screenshot2024-03-11185358.thumb.jpg.fbfd355028e6f08787f2cfa746ae6eec.jpg

Edited by auger66

15 minutes ago, Panda88 said:

Seems that the older hubs will not have local API - but it is me reading between the lines 

Thanks

Like any technical solution, I have to adjust to their way of doing things and support model.

I followed the directions for getting on discord so I could follow along, but that didn't happen. I was told to contact their tech support when I needed help. It's great, they answer quickly. But in asking local api questions relative to hub 3.. I didn't get an answer other than that capability is targeted for sometime this year. 

• 1 month later...