Zigbee Fully Supported?

TRI0N

Is Zigbee ready to use for the eISY? I have the dongle of course. Just found a Ceiling Fan controller that is based on Zigbee. So I want to make sure before I spend $50 on it.

Cheer!

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N

Yes and no... Yes, the eisy is able to support Zigbee.  And, no, not every device is necessarily supported. You can do a search just in this thread for the one you're interested in, and you can ask UDI to consider adding support for it if you don't find it

Also, add the specifics in your post here, maybe someone has it working already

Edited by paulbates
3 hours ago, paulbates said:

Yes and no... Yes, the eisy is able to support Zigbee.  And, no, not every device is necessarily supported. You can do a search just in this thread for the one you're interested in, and you can ask UDI to consider adding support for it if you don't find it

Also, add the specifics in your post here, maybe someone has it working already

Yeah I checked that. Didn't see it. It's a fan controller. https://inovelli.com/products/zigbee-blue-series-smart-fan-light-canopy-module

I'll post it there too if it doesn't work out.. Might as well find out if it works. Can always use my HA sever to make it work like the Govee devices since Govee for eISY is not being developed. 

Cheers!

TRI0N

• Like 1

Like Z-Wave, Zigbee will be a journey rather than a destination ... More manufacturers will make more new products continuously ... and do new and unexpected things with the standard. Integrators like UDI will do their best to keep up.

Edited by paulbates
1 hour ago, paulbates said:

Like Z-Wave, Zigbee will be a journey rather than a destination ... More manufacturers will make more new products continuously ... and do new and unexpected things with the standard. Integrators like UDI will do their best to keep up.

Been waiting for a Fan Control for ages. There was once a Z-Wave one that the company went under and nobody picked up the idea till now with a Zigbee one. Up until I found this there was only WiFi ones that are complete junk.

Will see what happens when it gets here.

Cheers,

TRI0N

• Like 1
On 3/22/2024 at 8:35 PM, TRI0N said:

Been waiting for a Fan Control for ages. There was once a Z-Wave one that the company went under and nobody picked up the idea till now with a Zigbee one. Up until I found this there was only WiFi ones that are complete junk.

Will see what happens when it gets here.

Cheers,

TRI0N

You can still buy these zwave fan controllers.  I have a couple of the Jascos, they work very nicely.

GE Jasco Enbrighten 14287

Leviton ZW4SF-1BW