Matter or Z-Wave for curtain replacement?

Hi Michel,
Is there a rough timeframe on this yet? My years old electric curtains recently died and I am planning to replace them with the Smartwings product mentioned at the beginning of this post. 

The curtains are available with either Z-wave plus or Matter over Thread motor units - The manufacturer claims their product has a 5 to 7 year lifespan. With the 5-7yr window in mind, which motor do you think I would be better purchasing? If the matter support will be here soon I'd rather jump for the new version, however, if I go with the Z-Wave unit do you think Universal Devices will still be fully supporting Z-Wave in 7+ years?

Thank you in advance,

Mark

@markarmer split this out of where you posted as it was a dead thread (over 4 months old). 

But you are mostly asking UD for something they've said is in the works. Since UD has supported Z-Wave for a while and developed the ZMatter product to specifically support Z-Wave and Matter it's clear Z-Wave is a primary function that they would support a while...perhaps as long as it is a home automation standard. But that's ultimately up to them to determine for how it fits their business model. 

I think your specifically trying to get an update from this post from @Michel Kohanim

I am, yes... In the works has been a long time coming with several delays, I'm simply asking now if there is actually a real time frame to work with or if we're still thinking along the lines of it will come soon, like landing humans on mars?

9 hours ago, markarmer said:

I am, yes... In the works has been a long time coming with several delays, I'm simply asking now if there is actually a real time frame to work with or if we're still thinking along the lines of it will come soon, like landing humans on mars?

With the Matter issues I've seen online, I hope its coming soon, like landing humans on Mars. Judging by the issues I've read about with other systems, Matter itself isn't ready for primetime. I'm sure they are taking the slow approach to minimize the impact a poor implementation will have on their company. After all, it's them paying for tech support when things do not go well. 

• Like 3