Seeking support for a new homeowner

I just sold my home which has 40+ Insteon devices and an ISY 994i.  The new buyer has no knowledge of the technology and needs help to set up the system into their wifi and computer.  They also need a general introduction and education about the operation of the equipment.

Is there a resource in the Tampa Bay area who would contract with the buyer to provide assistance?

Thank you.  Your advice is good.  The Hub would be better for them.  Right now I have to use another app, MobiLinc to get the iPhone feature.  The decision to replace the ISY is now with the new owner, which is another reason I hope local support can be found to get them through the transition. 

This situation is a classic example of how Smarthome technology can affect a home sale. 

@flsenior If you've already sold and moved out there isn't really much you can do at this point.

Here's what UD has on their wiki for guidance for you and possibly the new owner:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#Selling_Your_House

Both @Techman and @larryllix have viable options. If you haven't moved out yet might be best to remove everything and replace with standard switches. Most of the time what one individual sets up for home automation won't work for other people (as schedules, wants, and needs could be different). 

If you don't want to remove the Insteon devices (and still in the house) probably best to simply remove the ISY994 and factory reset all the devices so they just act as "dumb" switches. That way any direct links made don't result in phantom lights turning on/off when random switch is flipped. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh.  I am in the same boat.  Over 60 Insteon devices and still using ISY994i.  Will probably sell my house in a year or so.  I purchased Polisy and ZWAVE ZIGBE card.  Installed into Polisy but never used.  The level of effort to convert seemed to be over my personal threshold to make the switch.  Then when eISY came out, I just couldn't bring myself to purchase the hardware when I just paid for Polisy and ZWAVE/Zigbe card.  

I think Techmans suggestion to use Insteon Hub 2 is spot on.  I have a couple of the 2245-222 Hubs that were purchased a long time ago.  Since the model number matches what is on Insteons site as a Hub 2, I assume it would be able to run the new director software.  The issue there is I dont know what works and what does not work with the Insteon Director sw.  ...and I guess I will have to factory reset all devices and re-program with the hub.  I am not looking forward to this at all.

I guess another option is to go hubless.  

:(

19 hours ago, epete said:

...and I guess I will have to factory reset all devices and re-program with the hub. 

I had one of those hubs (they were cheep and I was curious). Don’t use it anymore as it added no value to my setup. 
But while a pita , it’s not as nuclear as resetting all your devices. More of an elephant , one byte at a time. (sic)

It’s just a controller like any other. Start adding your devices to it. I think it can just find them if I remember. Scenes were not so easy then, but it may find those now. I was able to use it in parallel to my PLM and 994 at the time. When I dumped the hub I just deleted everything off it (the opposite of what you will do) I didn’t add any automation to it as it could only do schedules then. You could add some simple ones to “sell” your house. 
Just wipe your PLM and 994 before you leave. 

sjenkins, you are right.  Insteon gave me a 7-day trial on the director for hub 2.  I can no longer find the legacy app on google play.  I am able to add my devices in parallel with PLM as you say.  I think with Director, it still doesnt do much.  Just schedule and scenes.  

I am also starting to think about moving to my Polisy for the future lower cost UD subscription.

When I sold my house last summer with insteon, i left all of the things that were 3 way & switch type things working, including the garage door.

There were isy programs that "helped" the venstar thermostat and rainmachine sprinkler controller.. those work as long as the isy does... But... those 2 devices are standalone and will function ok with out the isy. Some timer on off programming would just cease to work like timed yard lights... But there are hard insteon switches for all of it, so there is a way to use it

Long way of asking, is the new homeowner truly stranded?