Complex UI for home user

I've almost finished migrating from ISY994i to eisy, incl z-wave and Alexa integration. So far so good, and UD Mobile is, um, quite extensive. However, I now need to migrate the UI for the family on their devices where it is dangerous to give them full control over UD Mobile options. Yes, I can customize favorites but... Mobilinc did allow me to hide complexity in a way that uninterested family members were not tempted to play with. I've read the on-line user guide for UD Mobile but am not finding the type of customization I want. Is there a way to create a user on my portal account that, upon UD mobile login, gets a non-admin subset of functionality? Or... something? What do others do? 

57 minutes ago, SRS said:

I've almost finished migrating from ISY994i to eisy, incl z-wave and Alexa integration. So far so good, and UD Mobile is, um, quite extensive. However, I now need to migrate the UI for the family on their devices where it is dangerous to give them full control over UD Mobile options. Yes, I can customize favorites but... Mobilinc did allow me to hide complexity in a way that uninterested family members were not tempted to play with. I've read the on-line user guide for UD Mobile but am not finding the type of customization I want. Is there a way to create a user on my portal account that, upon UD mobile login, gets a non-admin subset of functionality? Or... something? What do others do? 

You can customize favorites, thereby only showing what you want each person to see or have access to.

You also have the option of adding color for things like specific weather, or when a light turns on.

If more than one person is to have the same favorites, you can export and import the settings to another device on the same platform.

It's all in the wiki.

Yes, I've customized favorites but that doesn't keep the user from going "Home." I didn't see the import/export of settings, though, so I'll definitely use that. Thanks.

I ended up installing Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi.  I still use an eisy for the bulk of my home automation and control functions, but I found the interface I could create via Home Assistant worked really well in providing a simple customizable UI for the family to access via their portable devices. It allows them to control a subset of my total devices (e.g., turn lights on/off with dimming, view/set temperature on thermostats, control Sonos and other media devices, control ceiling fans, open the garage door, etc.).    

• Like 1

UD Mobile has edit locks which should/could prevent users from accessing some items in UD Mobile, such as edits (show/hide), Admin Tab, and Settings Tab. The basic concept is to hide nodes, status, and/or commands you do not want shown to the user then lock edits with a pin.  Now the user will not see hidden items and cannot get into edit mode without the pin.  See https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Edit_Locks

We are in the process of updating the App's User Interface so it's possible some items may not be locked due to the updates. If something in found please let me know and I'll try to fix soon.

I removed the ability to hide the entire system on the Home Tab as too many users hid the system from themselves causing many tickets. 

• Like 1

FYI, lots more customizations than I realized. I think I can make this work even for family members. Mobilinc was simpler; UD Mobile infinitely customizable == work. Once I'm there, though, I expect it to hum along. 

• Like 1