Support thread for: PG3x v3.2.27 (June 11th, 2024)

I tried updating PG3X from my eisy via the Admin Console.  The update seemed to progress ok, and I rebooted when the message came up saying it was time to. My Insteon switches came back online and appear functional, but none of my seven plugins came back online. 

PG3X shows it's at version 3.2.27 with status "connected", and IOX is at version 5.8.3 also with status "connected" as shown on the PG3X plugin dashboard.  All plugins show as "disconnected". Rebooted from the Admin Console again, same result.  Powered off and on, same result. Any suggestions?  I can provide log files if needed.    

Edited by dwengrovitz
1 hour ago, dwengrovitz said:

I tried updating PG3X from my eisy via the Admin Console.  The update seemed to progress ok, and I rebooted when the message came up saying it was time to. My Insteon switches came back online and appear functional, but none of my seven plugins came back online. 

PG3X shows it's at version 3.2.27 with status "connected", and IOX is at version 5.8.3 also with status "connected" as shown on the PG3X plugin dashboard.  All plugins show as "disconnected". Rebooted from the Admin Console again, same result.  Powered off and on, same result. Any suggestions?  I can provide log files if needed.    

That's very strange that all of them don't start.

Can you check the plugin logs? Does anything show at all when starting?

1 hour ago, bmercier said:

Can you check the plugin logs? Does anything show at all when starting?

I checked the logs for the individual plugins and they all seem to end with this:

2024-06-11 18:27:41,658 MQTT       udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:_disconnect: MQTT Unexpected disconnection. Trying to reconnect in 10 seconds. rc: 7

The system log on PGX3 does have additional information populated after that time but nothing that jumped out at me as an issue (though I'm not quite sure exactly what should be there).  

Edited by dwengrovitz
7 hours ago, dwengrovitz said:

I checked the logs for the individual plugins and they all seem to end with this:

2024-06-11 18:27:41,658 MQTT       udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:_disconnect: MQTT Unexpected disconnection. Trying to reconnect in 10 seconds. rc: 7

The system log on PGX3 does have additional information populated after that time but nothing that jumped out at me as an issue (though I'm not quite sure exactly what should be there).  

I had that same thing but just on my developer local plugins. All the betas and production ran. @bmercier I ended up having to pip install the idi_interface, even though it’s in my requirements . Found that out by ssh in and trying to run locally. I blamed me, and still do, but it was the same log message. Hope that helps a bit.  

9 hours ago, dwengrovitz said:

Please login to PG3 and try this: System | Reinstall all plugins

here is the error code I get with the romba node. This keeps repeating.  I will add it to the romba PG3 tab

2024-06-12 07:25:54.883 MainThread udi_interface     INFO     polylogger:set_basic_config: set_basic_config: enable=True level=30
2024-06-12 07:25:54.885 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: UDI interface initializing
2024-06-12 07:25:54.885 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: User=000db9560c24_4
2024-06-12 07:25:54.886 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: Home=/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/000db9560c24_4
2024-06-12 07:25:54.886 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: Node Server Path=/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/000db9560c24_4
2024-06-12 07:25:54.887 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: PG3INIT=eyJ1dWlkIjoiMDA6MGQ6Yjk6NTY6MGM6MjQiLCJwcm9maWxlTnVtIjo0LCJsb2dMZXZlbCI6IklORk8iLCJ0b2tlbiI6IkpFVi1PWlIlaHl4K0Y4QjMiLCJtcXR0SG9zdCI6ImxvY2FsaG9zdCIsIm1xdHRQb3J0Ijo4ODgzLCJzZWN1cmUiOjEsImlzUEczeCI6dHJ1ZSwicGczVmVyc2lvbiI6IjMuMi4yNyIsImlzeVZlcnNpb24iOiI1LjguMyIsImVkaXRpb24iOiJGcmVlIn0=
2024-06-12 07:25:54.887 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: Loading interface module
2024-06-12 07:25:55.524 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     interface:<module>: Loading MQTT module
2024-06-12 07:25:55.800 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     interface:<module>: MQTT module loaded
2024-06-12 07:25:57.143 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: Loading udi_interface module
2024-06-12 07:25:57.145 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: Loading node module
2024-06-12 07:25:57.145 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: Loading custom module
2024-06-12 07:25:57.146 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: Loading isy module
2024-06-12 07:25:57.146 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: Loading OAuth module
2024-06-12 07:25:57.148 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: UDI interface initialized

2024-06-12 07:25:57.148 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: UDI Python Interface for Polyglot version 3 3.3.12 Starting...
2024-06-12 07:25:57.415 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: Traceback (most recent call last):
2024-06-12 07:25:57.415 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/000db9560c24_4/roomba-poly.py", line 19, in <module>
2024-06-12 07:25:57.416 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: from roomba import Roomba
2024-06-12 07:25:57.417 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/000db9560c24_4/roomba.py", line 42, in <module>
2024-06-12 07:25:57.418 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: from collections import Mapping
2024-06-12 07:25:57.418 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: ImportError
2024-06-12 07:25:57.418 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: :
2024-06-12 07:25:57.419 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: cannot import name 'Mapping' from 'collections' (/usr/local/lib/python3.11/collections/__init__.py)

After upgrading, half my plugins were showing disconnected.  There were a few that I could get back online after restarting them but there are three that do nothing after a restart and still show as disconnected.  They are Sense / Sonos / Climacell.

What is the best course of action to bring them back online:  

Reinstall All Plugins?

Do the update again?

Or try something else?

6 hours ago, EricBarish said:

here is the error code I get with the romba node. This keeps repeating.  I will add it to the romba PG3 tab

2024-06-12 07:25:57.148 MainThread udi_interface      INFO     __init__:<module>: UDI Python Interface for Polyglot version 3 3.3.12 Starting...
2024-06-12 07:25:57.415 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: Traceback (most recent call last):
2024-06-12 07:25:57.415 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/000db9560c24_4/roomba-poly.py", line 19, in <module>
2024-06-12 07:25:57.416 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: from roomba import Roomba
2024-06-12 07:25:57.417 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/000db9560c24_4/roomba.py", line 42, in <module>
2024-06-12 07:25:57.418 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: from collections import Mapping
2024-06-12 07:25:57.418 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: ImportError
2024-06-12 07:25:57.418 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: :
2024-06-12 07:25:57.419 MainThread udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: cannot import name 'Mapping' from 'collections' (/usr/local/lib/python3.11/collections/__init__.py)

The plugin is trying to load module collections, but it can't find it.

Try to reinstall this plugin (or all of them using System | reinstall all).

If the module properly requires the module, it will get installed and will start to work. If it does not, then please try to contact the author using the plugin specific forum.

3 hours ago, Ryan S said:

After upgrading, half my plugins were showing disconnected.  There were a few that I could get back online after restarting them but there are three that do nothing after a restart and still show as disconnected.  They are Sense / Sonos / Climacell.

What is the best course of action to bring them back online:  

Reinstall All Plugins?

Do the update again?

Or try something else?

Reinstall all plugins.

• Thanks 1

I"m having issues with the YoLink node server after the last update.  AC will show the YoLinkSetup node as connected, and then drops the "Connected" status indicator after the node server is up and running for a few minutes.  I've tried rebooting several times (both NS and eisy) with nothing changing after the reboots.  Even though I didn't change anything, I've verified my user credentials in the NS and they are correct.  I can see the Notification Controller NS and it is working, connected and functioning, it is only the YoLink NS that seems to be having trouble starting up.  

Running the error logging and restarting the NS I get the following error:

yoLink_init_V3:__init__: Exception - init- MQTT: Unsupported callback API version: version 2.0 added a callback_api_version, see docs/migrations.rst for details

The NS screen in the PG shows "connected" after the error posted to the log, so I'm guessing the error isn't the problem? 

I can upload error logs or logs if it will help.

Any help would be appreciated!

16 hours ago, mdfled said:

I"m having issues with the YoLink node server after the last update.  AC will show the YoLinkSetup node as connected, and then drops the "Connected" status indicator after the node server is up and running for a few minutes.  I've tried rebooting several times (both NS and eisy) with nothing changing after the reboots.  Even though I didn't change anything, I've verified my user credentials in the NS and they are correct.  I can see the Notification Controller NS and it is working, connected and functioning, it is only the YoLink NS that seems to be having trouble starting up.  

Running the error logging and restarting the NS I get the following error:

yoLink_init_V3:__init__: Exception - init- MQTT: Unsupported callback API version: version 2.0 added a callback_api_version, see docs/migrations.rst for details

The NS screen in the PG shows "connected" after the error posted to the log, so I'm guessing the error isn't the problem? 

I can upload error logs or logs if it will help.

Any help would be appreciated!

I know nothing about Yolink, but based on the log, I believed it probably uses mqtt to connect to devices. If so, the plugin needs to be updated by the author.

I recommend you post on the plugin's forum. 

The author needs to change this:

https://eclipse.dev/paho/files/paho.mqtt.python/html/migrations.html#versioned-the-user-callbacks

Thanks for the reply.  I found an error that the API was broken (I'm paraphrasing) and searched the forums.  I found one of your posts about a new API that was breaking Node Servers.  You suggested if the error occurred the user should delete and recreate the NS.  I did what you suggested in the other post and the NS started working and all the YoLink devices showed up in AC.  I still had to fix some programs as I think they were broken with the broken NS, but the repair was fairly simple, I just had to make a couple of changes to the If line of my program.  

Thought I'd update you, in case you get other messages that a NS failed after the latest update.

Upgrade took a long time and I was on the latest and once complete I rebooted.  After an hour or so and not getting the notification I set up to let me know my programs are running I logged into the AC.  I would then try to login to PG3x and the AC would immediately pop up a busy window and PG3x would give an error and not let me login.  Meanwhile I was getting notifications that plugins were starting but much much slower than a normal reboot.  Once I got the last one I was finally able to login to PG3x and 3 plugins were not running and hitting start would result in a message saying it was already running.  So I rebooted again and that reboot went like normal, quick start up and notification that my programs were running came in the timeframe it should.  I went back to PG3x and Holiday, Wake-On-Lan and Ping were still not showing as running.  Stopping, starting, restarting, nothing worked so I just reinstalled them individually and now all is good.

Edited by btreinders
42 minutes ago, 4481hoods said:

So the big question. Should you upgrade. If everything is working good. Should you take a chance and mess everything up. 

What are the benefits.  

I'm going to wait.  No features in this update I have to have right now.  Everything is running nicely right now.