Populating widgets with variables

Go to solution Solved by DennisC,

I have a UD Mobile page with a dozen or so increment widgets.  These are intended to adjust state variables which are identified in each widget.  The thing of it is that none of the values show upon entry to the page and if I click one of the increment up widgets then it seems to assume the value was zero and increment it to 1.  This isn't good because none of the values start at zero.

If I click on the item and load the device dashboard for it then it populates that variable and things work fine but until I do that the values don't show and worse - the widgets assumes the value to be zero on entry.  Clicking up or down will change the value to 1/-1 and I then have no way of knowing where it started from.

Is there a way to force the page to populate the variable values contained on the page without having to go through the dashboard each time.

I note that even if I use a 'status only' type the value of the variable doesn't show automatically.

Edited by MarkJames
Posted (edited)

Thanks folks.

That setting was in a peculiar spot - in the hamburger menu in the settings menu.  I did look for some setting that would force a variable retrieve but this was buried pretty deep

It would be a nice feature to have a 'force refresh' button or something like that to retrieve all the current values.

Edited by MarkJames