Just received ZMatter dongle 09/25/2024 Version is Beta??????

MARK R

I just received and installed ZMatter dongle from UD and it says Beta Test Version and half the screen shots that the advertisement shows do not show up on my system.....

did i receive an old unit or is there something I'm doing wrong.  could someone please give me some insight on this. before i send in a ticket.

thanks so much for any help.

Mark

thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

When i purchased this, the advertisement states that its certified, that's the only reason i bought it..

to be sure they are not false advertising.?  this is what it shows on there site.

ZMatter USB: Z-Wave+, Zigbee, and Matter Module for eisy (Z-Wave+ Certified – Long Range)i

$126.00

they didn't mention that it was still Beta, I'm so confused and also my system don't show the options that they advertise these two images don't show up anywhere. that's why I'm thinking somethings not right. (I'm talking about the version 1 ,  version 2 in the drop down menu of the second pic.) and the 1st pic I don't get that at all.

Enhanced-Scene-Support-100x100.png Choose-Between-Versions-100x100.png  

thanks for the reply I'm not a Pro at this, but I'm willing to learn.  Ive had there system for over 15 years with no problems until now.

If you go to there site and bring up the Zmatter in the store you can open the pic and see that under ZWAVE option it has a Version 1 and Version 2,  when i bring my system up and check that it only comes up with On, Auto or Off.

Im using EISY and have the latest FW running, this is where I'm getting confused.

The big manufacturers (Google, Apple, Samsung, Amazon) that are working on creating the matter spec have it working to some degree, but smaller integrators (Homeseer, Insteon, UDI and Home Assistant) are working on their non-beta matter offering of their respective products and across the big manufacturers' product.

At this time you are an early adopter of matter. There are numerous posts here on that topic

Edited by paulbates

I guess basically i would just like to have confirmation that Beta Test Version is correct at this time, I cant find anywhere that tells me what the version is supposed to be for the ZMatter usb.

hence the confusion...

hopefully someone will know before i send in a ticket just to get that answer.

thanks for the reply's its much appreciated, and hopefully this will help others that encounter the same questions.

Mark

Your first post was enough as far as the module goes, and i thank you for that.  my confusion is with the Version that shows under the Zwave drop down on the system.

I didn't know if there is an update that i would have to do, just like some electronics that will have to update latest FW sometimes.

If you don't mind me asking, do you use the ZMatter dongle ?  if you do what is the version on your system say?

thanks for your time, and I'm sorry you took it that way. 

1 hour ago, MARK R said:

hopefully someone will know before i send in a ticket just to get that answer.

With your doubt it's always better to open a support ticket and ask UD directly rather than getting speculation in the user-to-user forums. While many here (myself included) operate the ZMatter dongle without issue your hesitation is warranted based on what you read online and what you experienced when installing. 

To best get things sorted out for you and answered to your satisfaction I would suggest opening a support ticket directly with UD and get the answers to your questions straight from them.

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

2 hours ago, MARK R said:

Im using EISY and have the latest FW running

This tells us nothing. In the future please state the actual firmware version you are running. Many might think they're on the "latest", but have often times found they aren't. Also, if somebody comes back in 3-6 months to see this post and the "latest firmware" is a few versions later they might think it's "still" an issue. (Yes, this has happened many times in the past.)

As of today the current firmware for eisy/Polisy is 5.8.4. You can always confirm the "current" available version by visiting the Current Release Announcements area of the forums. I would suggest following that area to get notifications about when future releases are made available to keep your device up to date.

5.8.4 is the current and that is what my system says, so yes its up to date. checked that first.

I will submit a ticket to get my answers from now on.

I came into this forum cause this is were i was told to go for information.  I would not have bothered anyone with questions if I had not did my research first.  

thanks everyone.

56 minutes ago, MARK R said:

If you don't mind me asking, do you use the ZMatter dongle ?  if you do what is the version on your system say?

Yes and it is the same version as yours.

I'm not taking offense to what you asked. 

I would suggest you be more specific in your request, is if you wanted specifics you need to ask specific questions. Likewise, if you wanted a response from UD you should indicate that and hope they have the time to respond.

Thanks,  I appreciate the update, at least i now know that i have the correct version and understanding.

Below is a note from Administrator, for me to get a support ticket with these type of issues, hence the comment i made in the last post.

I'm not assuming you taking offence, I'm just saying sorry for the bothering of everyone. 

I've only had to use this forum once before in many years that ive used UD devices so i know a little, but like i said im not a Pro.

have a great day, and thanks again.

Mark

"""With your doubt it's always better to open a support ticket and ask UD directly rather than getting speculation in the user-to-user forums. While many here (myself included) operate the ZMatter dongle without issue your hesitation is warranted based on what you read online and what you experienced when installing. """

To best get things sorted out for you and answered to your satisfaction I would suggest opening a support ticket directly with UD and get the answers to your questions straight from them.

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

@MARK R glad you got things sorted out. The only reason I suggested opening a ticket was because you had replies that seemed to answer the question, but you asked again or differently. Meaning that you didn't really get the answers you were looking for. This is the best place to get support for issues as the user-to-user assistance is top notch. But sometimes when product specific questions are being asked we (the users) don't know a definite answer for some unique questions. That's when a support ticket is typically best option for getting the information to exactly answer the question/concern.

Since you mentioned wanting to get help here before you opened a ticket, but asked the question again (just different) made it feel as though you didn't trust the answers given. 

As UD has said many times in the past..."They are developers and programmers. They are not documentation writers". Sometimes what's on the website might not always match up with what you observe in the wild. So sure, checking out here and asking here is preferred and typically answered quickly. 

• Like 2

I'm not real good at emails, allot of information gets lost in email trails.  I did get an answer from one of the persons on here and i was grateful that he did indeed have the same version as i did.  and  explained to me i had the right one. that satisfied that part of it.

there were other questions  i asked and did not get answers too, that's why i kept asking and tried to explain more. its not that i didn't trust what others were saying here, I do, and appreciate gratefully that someone took there time to try and help me.

this forum and the people in it are an Excellent tool for getting answers, I just need to learn how to word things better. I'm grateful for the advice from you, this helps me to know i need to be a little more specific in what I'm asking.

Thanks for everything 🙂 

Mark

• Like 2