Thank you!

Sub-Routine

Yesterday when I first checked my email I saw that the UDI team had not only sent a new version of the ISY-26, but a Thank You note as well that was apparently sent to every beta tester.

I would like to post a reply I had been editing in email:

I would like to thank everyone at UDI for the continuous updates. It has been great to see requests implemented as quickly as bug fixes. I am sure all the testers will agree that is one of the most rewarding aspects. I have to believe that everyone involved is very happy with the terrific amount of effort UDI has spent on the development of the ISY-26.

It is great to see a final version of what, IMO, is the ISY-26 that I think everyone has envisioned.

The new User Guide is very nice to reference, I find it quicker and easier than the Wiki. Of course, the Wiki has it's place, as does the forum.

I hope the team will take some holiday time to enjoy with their families and friends :D

This forum has become a great learning center. I don't like to get sappy, but I'm sure we are all beginning to feel a bit gelled. It makes me proud to be a part of the growth of the ISY and UDI!

Thank you and happy holidays to everyone :)

Rand

P.S. Don't eat the fruitcake

Rand,

Thank you so very much for your kind words. Again, none of this would've been possible without the help, support, and feedback.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Holiday!

Thank you so very much,

With kind regards,

Michel

Yesterday when I first checked my email I saw that the UDI team had not only sent a new version of the ISY-26, but a Thank You note as well that was apparently sent to every beta tester.

I would like to post a reply I had been editing in email:

I would like to thank everyone at UDI for the continuous updates. It has been great to see requests implemented as quickly as bug fixes. I am sure all the testers will agree that is one of the most rewarding aspects. I have to believe that everyone involved is very happy with the terrific amount of effort UDI has spent on the development of the ISY-26.

It is great to see a final version of what, IMO, is the ISY-26 that I think everyone has envisioned.

The new User Guide is very nice to reference, I find it quicker and easier than the Wiki. Of course, the Wiki has it's place, as does the forum.

I hope the team will take some holiday time to enjoy with their families and friends :D

This forum has become a great learning center. I don't like to get sappy, but I'm sure we are all beginning to feel a bit gelled. It makes me proud to be a part of the growth of the ISY and UDI!

Thank you and happy holidays to everyone :)

Rand

P.S. Don't eat the fruitcake

Hi Rand. While I agree with the remainder of your post, I didn't get the Thank You note you mentioned. I'm feeling so left out! :cry: Am I the only one?

Hi Just Another Joe,

I am so very sorry ... you are 100% correct: you were not in any of our lists!

Please do accept my sincere apologies.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Rand. While I agree with the remainder of your post, I didn't get the Thank You note you mentioned. I'm feeling so left out! :cry: Am I the only one?

Hi Just Another Joe,

I am so very sorry ... you are 100% correct: you were not in any of our lists!

Please do accept my sincere apologies.

With kind regards,

Michel

No worries! I received your e-mail regarding not being found on the list, and I went and registered again. Hopefully this time it will "take" :lol: .

evidently i was not on randlinc's fruitcake mailing list because mine never arrived

i don't think i am alone in this - but the isy is the ONLY reason i still have insteon - salvaged my $3753.39 investment - so i'll have randlinc redirect my fruitcake to the nerdlincs at universal devices

i'd like to thank whatever elves put the word on the plm manufacturer that a working device was needed - they deserve a fruitcake too - if we only knew who those elves were :wink: that will benefit those of us that use the isy as well as other products

while the hardware is a remarkable little black box, the support deserves a major kudos - and their openness to suggestions - with the absolute all time best change being the one where i can have buttons on my keypads included in a scene as controllers and responders - though implemented with some reservations, its hands down the all time best - another fruitcake for that one AND a chicken casserole

What more can be said? This company along with the strong ethics of Michel & Chris can be found nowhere else in this money driven world. I used to think that we NEVER would see this level of support and quality again-in any product. You guys have raised the bar even higher. I too feel that my Insteon investment has been salvaged by ISY. Thank you both (and your entire behind the scenes folks).

aLf

Actually there is more of this type of business waking up here and there over the internet. Ascend Acoustics sells great home speakers and they are doing this same business model as UDI by having a strong presence in their forum. People like being connected with their products and the guys that make them.

I have decided that when I go looking for products I look into their forums first and learn if they are plugged in to them or not, if not I move on. I absolutely love my Ascend Acoustics, my Axiom Audio, my UDI, and my Light-O-Rama families.

I wont go into details but Michel went "WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND" to make up for SH shortcomings in Customer Service. I have a feeling it is not the first time he has done that either.

Companies like UDI, ELK and others that stand behind their products will eventually flourish.

I have reccomended the ISY to a few people and I believe one person is buying one once the PLM is fixed (ok well there goes that LOL).

What more can be said? This company along with the strong ethics of Michel & Chris can be found nowhere else in this money driven world. I used to think that we NEVER would see this level of support and quality again-in any product. You guys have raised the bar even higher. I too feel that my Insteon investment has been salvaged by ISY. Thank you both (and your entire behind the scenes folks).

Agree completely with the thoughts expressed in the various posts in this thread. And also agree with Mark's:

Actually there is more of this type of business waking up here and there over the internet... People like being connected with their products and the guys that make them.

Yesterday I received my new V572RF32 and set it up. Unfortunately, it displayed some problems, and I described them in an e-mail to WGL last evening. Today an e-mail reply was waiting for me. Based on my report, they had verified the problems, fixed the firmware, and sent me an RMA number!

So, here's a virtual beer for WGL, as well as UDI!

Archived