Release 3.1.0 (Beta) Is Now Available

Not home now but this morning I had to click ok ok a dozen times

I had a couple after that

For the record even with the release 2.8.16 version I dis get one a day or so

I have about 10 access points as well as dual band devices. Also probably 25 filters so everything from washing machine to stereo to fridge is filtered

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

This does not sound normal ... actually, I have never seen anything like this.

How dependent are you on your ISY? If you can live without full automation for a couple of week, I strongly recommend adding sections at a time and making sure you do not have any comm errors for those sections before moving on to others.

Also, please note that increased number of access points may actually degrade network reliability ... as such, I would try figure out the minimum number needed for your installation and get rid of all the extra.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel, I have just tried the upgrade again from a new clean install of windows xp. Nothing else loaded on this laptop. Errors start at anywhere from 3% to 17%. I don't know when I could have time to get on phone for help with this.

Just seems to be strange that something so simple is not working the way it should. As I said before I have done several upgrades before this with no problems following my same sequence.

Your support here is always great.

Thanks

First of all, seriously, you guys are awesome for the continual updates on such a great product already. I LOVE the ability to customize notification messsages in the earlier betas and the last official release, and now, VARIABLES!!! Seriously, great job, especially with increasing features with complete backward compatability.

Anyway, with that said, I THINK I have found an issue (it may already be known, and in addition, this IS a beta). This is apparently (but not definite) new to the 3.x release, I don't think I had it in any of the earlier betas, but it appears that my ISY is taking 1-2 seconds longer to act on triggers/events.

I added a program using variables the other night and noticed it took a few seconds to execute. I thought not a big deal, it probably takes longer to evaulate the variables. But, the next day I also have noticed that ALL of the motion-controlled lights do the same thing now. They use to be almost instantaneous (less than a second), but now seem to be taking 1-2 seconds to do any action after an event. Anyway, like I said, this may already be known, it is a beta, and I cant say 100% sure its completely new in 3.x. Although, I can give a 80% confidence that it is.

Anyway, not complaining at all, but just stating my observations. If this has been added, it would be great to get the perf back (especially motion controlled lights)

I am away and forgot my laptop power adapter for my MacBookPro. I borrowed a PC and did a quick change on the ISY. I noticed the progress bar stayed up. On the mac it randomly disappears and you have to go to event viewer. I borrowed a mac and tried the same task and it disappeared right away (1/2 way through the progress bar).

As a newbee to all of this I thought stuff was done and started new tasks. Now I know to look at the event viewer to make sure it is finished. (and after UD had to assist in a rebuild of my ISY).

Any way we can get this fixed with mac?

Jeff

... I added a program using variables the other night and noticed it took a few seconds to execute. ...

Hi tim2u,

Thanks for testing out the new variables feature. Could you please post your programs that are using variables as there should be no performance degradation at all.

I am having trouble keeping my ventstar linked up. It keeps telling me it can not communicate with it.

I did a diag/device links table on it and it said:

Failed reading device link.

I can pull the isy module from the ventstar and replace and it works perfectly for a couple days then goes back to not working again.

I am on v3.1.0

Hi Michel,

I have actually seen this happen to me. It is not consistent.

I just thought this was a default situation, and haven't paid much attention to the situation.

I actually only noticed it after the posting of this thread.

Clarence

Michael,

This is what I did to get a program that defaulted to disabled..

Disabled two programs under the same folder

Created a new folder

Created a new program

Wrote this:

If kitchenlight is switched on then wait 1 hour and switch off.

clicked save and it was disabled.

I have seen this problem before and know how to reproduce it. I have seen it happen many times. I am not yet using 3.1, tho it does happen on 2.8.16 and all previous versions I have used

1) Create new program.

2) Change the name of the program.

3) Write the program however you would like.

4) Save the program for the first time.

2 things will happen, 1 it will appear that you need to save the program again and, 2 it will not be enabled.

Hope this helps.

-j

Michel, I was able to finally get the upgrade from 2.8.16 to 3.1 to take. What I did was clear all my history and cookies from my browser and the update took but just a few seconds. The ISY is a great product with great support behind it. I am an old time X10 user from back in the 70's. Switched over to Insteon about five years ago. Your ISY product is light years ahead of any controller X10 could ever come up with.

Thanks for your quick replies to questions.

Dennis