Release 3.1.10 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

io_guy,

We have been testing the reported IR issue and it's working flawlessly. Can you please look at your error log and see whether or not you see any type of errors such as Queue Full?

Michel,

I emailed over a piece of my log file, nothing seems to be directly related to when I press an IR button.

Since I am not home I decided to try a remote update to 3.1.10. It sits at 1% for a while then I get "Upgrade failed: failed uploading file (reported written size is invalid).

Could there be a bad link to the download? When I downloaded, the file was 417k. Previous betas were 4.6M. I haven't tried to load the 417k version yet.

Kevin

3.1.10 is 4.6M but 3.1.11 found here http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=6015 is only 470 KB. Haven't tried to install the later yet; should it be about 4.6M too?

Not sure if I really have a problem yet as have not spent a whole lot of time on it, but I seemed to have trouble linking a RemoteLinc2. It finally seemed to link ok then it seemed that the buttons were "reversed" for example button "h" controlled link #7 and other similar issues on other buttons. Then when putting one of the links into a scene it would not control the scene.

Maybe I have a bad remotelin2 or maybe it linked poorly, again, did not have much time to spend on it so definitely not calling it a bug yet, just wanted to know if there were any similar experiences to help me debug

Thanks

jkraus

OK, now with deleting and relinking it seems to work OK, althoguh yes I have the "reversed keys syndrome". easy to work around but certainly wierd I will add my second RL2 and see if it is the same. I suspect a bad lot as these were the very first off the line

Joe

Hello everyone!

Sincere apologies for a tardy reply.

LeeG is right on: 3.1.11 is a quick fix (firmware only and NO UI files) for the network resource issue. As such, you will have to install 3.1.10 and then 3.1.11 on top of it. The file size is small because it does not contain any UI files.

rlebel, did you get your unit back? If not, please do call our tech support team and let us see if we can help.

sanders2222, got your error log, thank you.

io_guy, got yours too, thank you.

jkraus, how is it going?

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel

Thnaks for asking. All goes good now on the Remotelinc2 except key reversal (wierd) and the range is kind of disapointing(some spots in yard dont work while with remote linc 1 could even get from neighbors yard) but neither of these issues are belvied to be realted to isy, so thanks !

Joe

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with this beta release but I did have a problem today.

I replaced a 6 button KPL using the ISY 'replace with' function. When I was done, I reopened the Admin Console and there were still writes occurring. When they were done, I tested the KPL but it did not work at all like the previous one. I factory reset it, did a restore. Same failure of function. I did a link read and compare and the ISY showed only 2 links for the device, both in the device link table and what the ISY thought it should have. This of course was totally wrong as there should be like 60 links. But the ISY did not seem to be aware of them even though this KPL was a member of lots of scenes. I had to remove and reinstall the device and rebuild all the scenes in the end.

I do not know when the ISY lost its correct version of what the link table should look like, but I do know I had restored the previous KPL in that location several times in the past with total success. Could have happened in an earlier 3.X release.

Yes, the Admin Console always quits when doing a 'replace with' function; however, this is the first time I have re-opened the Admin Console and had writes still occurring.

I am likely going to be doing some additional 'replace with' functions later today. I will stay aware of continuing writes after the Admin Console closes.

Thanks again. I don’t remember the Admin Console shutting down but that Replace test was run long ago. I ran a new test replacing a KeypadLinc Dimmer with another KeypadLinc Dimmer and after running for a few minutes the Event Viewer trace stopped activity and the ISY locked up. No popup about restarting the Admin Console and there were still green Write Pending ICONs alongside the old KeypadLinc entries in the My Lighting tree. I was no longer able to access the ISY through the Browser. I had to power cycle the ISY to get it back. Does look like the Replace completed successfully even with the lockup.

The old KeypadLinc nodes were no longer Grouped after the Replace but all the nodes are there.

Hi LeeG,

It's quite troubling that your unit locked up ... just to ensure we are following the same steps: you simply replaced a KPL dimmer 6 button with another one. Correct?

Hi Illusion,

Writes and pending writes can continue even though the replace function has completed. This is because certain functions are now serialized (batched) to reduce the probability of corrupting database records.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel

Except that they were 8 button KPL dimmers, yes. Right clicked on a KPL dimmer, selected the Replace xxxx with option, picked one of the three possible candidates that were listed and off it went. Looked like it was running fine for a few minutes. I had the Event Viewer running so I could watch what was going on. It had gone through the PLM link database commands but I don't remember the last few commands in the trace when it stopped. After I power cycled the ISY the old KeypadLinc address was changed to the new address. The green Writing Icons that were displayed to the left of the old nodes when it stopped running were gone and the KeypadLinc that was being used to replace the old KeypadLinc had been deleted.

I have never had the ISY lock up such that a power cycle was necessary. I always access the ISY by entering the local IP address into an IE browser window. This timed out with the normal cannot display the page.

Only if I can recreate the lockup should any thought be given to this. I mentioned it in the post in case anyone else sees the same thing.

Lee

I upgraded to 3.1.10, and attempted to add my six 2444a28 Remote 2 controllers, but every attempt fails, with the following message:

Node not added - failed reading links (Insteon address) [-200000/-8]

I don't have any links as I was going to add it to the ISY, and than add scenes to each button, as all my lights are SwitchLink 2476D, and in order to add the SwitchLink Dimmers directly they need to be 2477.

Suggestions?

Since they are an RF device that normally goes into a power saving mode.

Did you Hold the Set Button until the LED started to flash before trying to add them? That wakes them up so the ISY99i can access them.

Did you get a pop up message telling you to hold the Set Button?

I thought I saw it one time but when I tried this morning. Only the original RemoteLinc gave the message and it was the older one. Not the one mentioning both original and new RL2's.

Michel

I have tried multiple Replace xxxx With operations this morning and all worked perfectly. From watching the Event Viewer this morning I think the Replace that locked up yesterday was at the very end of the process. Since I cannot recreate the symptom please do not spend any time on this. It is an obvious symptom so if anyone else encounters it then look into it. I would not have posted a non-recreateable symptom except the discussion was about Replace.

Lee