Release 3.1.10 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Hi Michel,

Thanks for the indormation that time changes more than a few minutes may cause Last Run Time and Last Finish Time to be cleared. Unfortunately, I think that this resets the status field of the associated programs to False. Many of my programs were written prior to the availability of variables so I use disabled programs as "master enables" and other runtime flags.

Earlier today, I had the admin console configuration screen, system tab open and I was experimenting with daylight savings and time synchronization settings. I noticed that by clicking options in this clock box, The ISY time would vary 8-10 minutes from what was displayed in my computer task bar. Finally, I chose to Synchronize Now andISY and my computer agreed on the time and I closed the session.

Later this afternoon, I noticed that all of my programs had once again stopped working. I checked the admin console and again, all of my programs were in False staus and the Last Run / Last Finished columns had been cleared. I believe this was due to my experimenting with the clock configuration.

So, in conclusion:

1. If you use programs as flags and if the time changes more than a few minutes, you need to check your programs to ensure they are still running as expected.

2. Can I programmatically have ISY detect this condition and reboot itself when this happens?

This may also mean (Michel please comment on this) that if you have a remote system and the possibility for clock changes of more than a few minutes, might you want to disable automatic time updates??

Rgards,

Greg

Greg,

Thanks so much for that post. Indeed that is the cause of my program failures. I had several programs fail to run yesterday. All the failed programs look to other programs as a flags for evaluation. All the failed programs were looking to a program flag that should have been true, but got turned false.

Michel,

Do you still want me to send all the programs over to you? It seems unnecessary as Greg has found the cause of my failures.

Hi Illusion,

No, based on Greg's excellent detective work, we know exactly where the problem is. We are just trying to figure out why we did this in the first place. The only other alternative is that ISY should reload all the programs which might take a while. We are investigating.

With kind regards,

Michel

Confused. I just updated my ISY99i to 3.1.10 and running the Venstar 1900 with a version 2.2 controller and the Fan control still doesn't show the correct status. The cooling and or Heat status show ON if I turn the unit on but the Fan shows OFF status only. Any thoughts to why this is?

Is the Venstar 1900 model supported here or is it just the 1800 models that work?

Also see pasted log file. I don't even see the FAN Control listed in the log.

Notice the unit (Control and FAN) are set to auto.

The temperature is set to 75.

I drop the temp to 73.

Cool Control status goes to ON.

FAN control is nowhere to be found (shows OFF on ISY Admin Console)

14.60.AC - Main Cool Setpoint 73° Thu 2011/11/10 08:14:33 PM Web Log

14.60.AC - Main Cool Setpoint 73° Thu 2011/11/10 08:14:33 PM System Log

14.60.AC - Cool Control Status On Thu 2011/11/10 08:14:35 PM System Log

14.60.AC - Main Heat/Cool State Cool On Thu 2011/11/10 08:14:35 PM System Log

---Mike

When using the Heat or Cool Control the fan is actually controlled by the furnace/AC. The Venstar plays no part in fan control when the heating/cooling comes on or off. It doesn't know when your furnace/AC turns the fan on or off.

You can turn the fan on or off manually, separate to the cool and heat function and the ISY will show the state of the fan. I'm actually not sure of the purpose of Fan Auto setting, I'm guessing it's for a more complicated setup.

Set scene levels not working in programs for me. Am I alone here? I thought there was some discussion on this issue earlier, but I can't seem to find it.

It might be that I am trying to adjust scene levels that are triggered by a motion sensor. But I thought it was working a few beta's ago.