Release 3.1.17 (RC) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Hi auger66,

Was it that you didn't receive any notifications or was it that you got wrong notifications. If you didn't get any, did you check to see if the program actually ran?

As far as TriggerLincs, there's a big problem with these devices and that is the fact that they cannot be queried. So, if ISY is rebooted, there's basically no way to figure out what state they are in.

With kind regards,

Michel

Lots of errors, but not any -5000x errors.

But I've been trying to figure out my all-of-a-sudden TriggerLinc reception problem all day (nothing to do with the ISY and didn't figure it out.) I may have cleared the log last night after I finished with the email stuff.

auger66

Were other RF only devices, such as Motion Sensor and/or RemoteLinc(2), working okay. Only the TriggerLincs were not communicating. There are baby monitors, 900 MHz wireless phones (either could be neighbors) that operate in the same frequency range.

Lee

I am having an issue with 'invisible' programs.

I had just added 2 programs. I then upgraded to 3.1.17.

This morning my invisible programs ran on their schedule, confirmed in the logs, even though I can not see/edit them in the admin tool.

I ran a backup, and looking in the backup I can find my programs in conf\d2d\###.pgm

Also, in the 'dashboard' tool, I can see my programs (but not delete them).

I am considering trying to remove them from the backup and then restore that, to get back to a clean program state without losing everything else. Any other ideas?

stefangordon

Do not manually change the conf files.

What does Help | About show for the Firmware: line and the UI: line immediately below the Firmware line

What did you migrate from when going to 3.1.17

Lee

Thanks for the quick reply!

Help about indicates:

My Lighting: Insteon_UD99 v.3.1.17

Product: ISY 99i (1020)

I upgraded from the latest release firmware, 2.8.16 (which was on my ISY99 when it arrived a few days ago).

Also, in case it helps, here is the 'invisible' program (xml from the backup I just made):

5Wake Up12160039600IS0EQ116 3D 4E 1DON25513 9F F3 1DON25513 9F FE 1DON2553 6E 8B 1DON1785 F8 15 1DON25513 9B A1 1DON255

The Java cache needs to be cleared and the URL for accessing the 3.1.17 Admin Console must be used. The 2.8.16 Admin Console is being used with the ISY 3.1.17 firmware. Not a good combination to continue with.

When running the 3.1.17 Admin Console there will be an additional line in the Help | About which is UI:. This line identifies the Admin Console level which did not exist at 2.8.16.

The Java cache needs to be cleared and the URL for accessing the 3.1.17 Admin Console must be used. The 2.8.16 Admin Console is being used with the ISY 3.1.17 firmware. Not a good combination to continue with.

When running the 3.1.17 Admin Console there will be an additional line in the Help | About which is UI:. This line identifies the Admin Console level which did not exist at 2.8.16.

Ah, perfect. Works now -- Thanks for your help.

I had been using: http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/, which of course was launching the wrong version.

BACKGROUND

I am having problems linking new motion sensors and triggerlincs in 3.1.17. if my memory serves me correctly these devices are not writable. unfortunately when removing and re-adding and existing device the ISY tries to write to the device until it claims it failed to write to the device and yes the devices were in linking mode. When i try to select the dvice in the menu and try writing updates to the device, the ISY appears to go through the process of writing to the device and does not display an error dialog box although the exclamation point is still on the device. this is odd as i also recently added a new motion sensor for the first time which seems to have been added successfully.

when I reboot the ISY the icons in the device list change from the exclamation point to the symbol for pending writes. I can add the device to control a scene and have verified that it actually works. Unfortunately, the pending writes symbol is still persistent and when I try to change ANY links and scenes for ANY device, even scenes that do not contain the troublesome devices, the ISY tries to write to those devices again and prompts me with an error message.

Any thoughts?

post-1165-140474155194_thumb.jpg

Move the motion sensor/TriggerLinc closer to an Access Point and/or move the Access Point closer to the PLM. If the device is in link mode and writes are failing the RF communication to the device is not working.

There is an older issue with tstats that are lower than 2.2. They have a habit of blocking RF traffic. Also wireless phones and other RF based devices can cause interference with Insteon RF communication.

Move the motion sensor/TriggerLinc closer to an Access Point and/or move the Access Point closer to the PLM. If the device is in link mode and writes are failing the RF communication to the device is not working.

There is an older issue with tstats that are lower than 2.2. They have a habit of blocking RF traffic. Also wireless phones and other RF based devices can cause interference with Insteon RF communication.

My AP is on the same circuit breaker as my PLM, I have a v2.2 stat adapter, and the device and AP are in the same room when I am trying to program it. For lack of anything else to do, I plugged the battery in while holding down the set button on the motion sensor to see if I could reset the MS. I then tried to write updates to the MS and the ISY "believed" its had successfully completed the writes and changed the icons from the pending write icons. I did a compare of the ISY vs. the device links and noticed the links did not write to the motion sensor. I performed the same comparison on a different motion sensor (newer revision) and it looks like the writes were successful in that device. The older module MS is v1.1. Even with the link comparison failure, the device works otherwise. it detects motion, turns on the scene, etc.

Looks like I will be returning a motion sensor and suspect AP (different problem) back to SH for exchange.

Thanks,

Elvis

Hi Michel,

Today I upgraded my local ISY99 to 3.1.17 without any difficulties but left my remote ISY99 running 2.8.16 -- didn't want to take a chance the upgrade might crash and I would have no way to recover remotely.

So the two ISY are now running different versions. When I launch two browser windows to access the two systems concurrently, the first one I access appears to be OK. The second one I access appears OK in most respects. The areas I noticed that are not OK are (1) Help:About is blank and (2) program details shows only condition statements; statements in the THEN or ELSE clauses and comments are not shown.

I expect this is caused by the wrong version of Java applets being in the cache for the second accessed system.

If I close all browser windows and then launch the browser to access either one of the systems, everything appears to be OK. Can I assume everything is really OK or should I clear the cache every time I switch systems?

Check the Help | About when under the Admin Console. The URL for 3.1.17 Admin Console is different from the URL to access the 2.8.16 Admin Console. The Help | About for 3.1.17 will have two lines, Firmware which shows the ISY firmware and UI just below Firmware which shows the Admin Console level. On 3.1.17 both these lines must be there and must show 3.1.17.

On 2.8.16 the UI line is not there and 2.8.16 appears on a different line.

I think the Java cache will have to be cleared each time you switch between the two Admin Console versions. The proof of that will be what the Help | About shows.

I run two ISYs but they are both at 3.1.17 so no need to clear the Java cache. I always cleared the Java cache when I switched between the two systems until they were both on 3.1.17. I'm not absolutely sure about the need to clear the Java cache but think the Admin Console code names did not change so the wrong level will be pulled from the cache.