Camera support

RLIKWARTZ

It look like in the documentation that there was some kind of control involved using insteon. I understand the actual viewing might be through a viewer, but couldn't the control be done through the isy?

It look like in the documentation that there was some kind of control involved using insteon. I understand the actual viewing might be through a viewer, but couldn't the control be done through the isy?

Pretty much any IP camera should be able to be controlled via HTTP commands. Meaning the ISY's network module should do the trick.

If there's no docs with the camera, stick wireshark on it.

My d-link came with no docs, but I control the IR mode, zoom, etc. and recording from the ISY.

I turn IR (B&W) on after sunset (or when the room lights are off), and set recordings based on time and motion.

• 1 month later...

Would you be willing to share some of your setup for use with d-link ip cameras. I have a couple of them and would love to interface them thru a common interface such as ISY. Thanks in advance!

Dlink doesn't appear to use a standard url for each camera.

I have a dcs-942l. To get the commands I open wireshark and then execute the various command from the Dlink web interface. Wireshark will log the commands, which you can then use in the ISY.

But if you're lucky, some of these may work:

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/URL%20Commands/

Archived