Release 3.3.3 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Would you please use Reset Variables in a program to clear the previous state?
Well I ran Reset Variables twice and the Climate module still shows -2140748.352. So it doesn't appear that worked.

On another (more frustrating) note, I had to reboot my ISY for the 3rd time in 3 weeks as it appears to 'partially lock up'. By partially I mean some things seem to work, but the program logic seems to freeze. So while a condition test may actually be true, my ISY shows false (see attached sample). Consequently, programs do not work as they should and you can't seem to run them manually either. Rebooting clears things up.

One time you looked at my error log and suggested my Netgear router may be part of the problem. But to me, this may have occurred one other time (a year ago), but not like this under the 3.3.x releases. Could I have hardware issue with my ISY or PLM that could be causing this?

post-1419-140474156958_thumb.jpg

Hi Sanders2222,

I am so very sorry to hear. I think both problems are related to the program queue being full.

1. Can you give me your WeatherBug station name?

2. When the system seems hung, what do you see in the event viewer?

3. Please send your error and regular log to support@universal-devices.com

With kind regards,

Michel

The Folder Condition looks incorrect when evaluating the current state of the various elements. However, the $iAway element was the last to change its value. The Integer Variable value of 0 makes the Condition True but based on Timestamp it was the last element to change. Being an Integer Variable it would not have triggered the Folder to change the True/False state even though looking at the values in their static state the Folder would evaluate to True if it did trigger.

Being an Integer Variable it would not have triggered the Folder to change the True/False state even though looking at the values in their static state the Folder would evaluate to True if it did trigger.
Interesting point. But I've used both Integer and State variables over the last several years. (Can it be that long since variables were introduced?)

The programs in the folder worked as they should over that time. So I wonder if folder conditions are also evaluated at anytime a procedure in the folder is executed. It would seem that would have to be the case.

I have the ISY-99 and it definately created an issue where all of my dimmers revert to off or extremely low settings verses retaining the levels set for on. I removed all background key light codes and it still exists. Further tests show that the ISY-99 will not remember the on level settings of any of the dimmers and resets to 0 after a couple of hours or when a program is executed.

My ISY-99 has been working fine with all other beta's since we had it. So there is definately something wrong here.

Just performed more testing and discovered that the problem is Java related as I ran your older version of Java and the ISY-99i worked fine...

Last week I upgraded my ISY99 to ver. 3.3.3, no problems until I tried to access it it remotely. I am getting a unable to get a SSL handshake from my work computer and from home on Win 7 getting a Cert. Error which it will not let me skip as I have always done in the past. Any suggestion? My ISY99 is in NC and I did not check this before I left.

Hi rmobley5,

From which ISY firmware version did you upgrade?

Two notes:

1. If from anything below 3.2.6, then in all likelihood you need to install a new certificate. And, for this you either have to be local or have telnet access to your ISY

2. If you can get to your ISY using a browser but not the Admin Console, then you need Java 1.7 since we had to remove SSL v2 for security reasons

With kind regards,

Michel

I just updated to 3.3.3. and had a few questions. I've been using the isy99pro for over a year and love it and Insteon!

1. Fanlinc now has "set options" button for program lock, key beep, LED on TX, etc. This option is not on the switchlinc's. Is that correct or is mine not functioning correctly?

2. On the switchlinc, I see the option for setting the brightness of the LED. Since it does not default to the switchlinc's current setting AND it is selectable from 0 to 255, I accidentially change the setting and wanted to change it back to the switchlinc's default. Is the default 255 (maximum brightness)?

Thanks for your help,

Keith

If upgrade below v.3.2.6, then in all likelihood you need to install a new certificate. And, for this you either have to be local or have telnet access to your ISY.
Is this true if upgrade from 3.2.6 to 3.3.2? I am away from home and discovered I cannot connect to my Admin Console. I have been able to connect via my android phone (using ISY Helper) but no longer from my PC.

I asked Smarthome about the ability to be able to adjust the all-in-one thermostat clock from the ISY and they had no knowledge that this was going to ever exist. Was I incorrect that at some point this ability might exist in future releases of the thermostat?

I upgraded to version 3.3.3 on my Isy-99 and since then I've been having lots of odd problems with my once completely stable Isy. Was wondering if anyone might have some tips for me.

Whenever I connect to the web based interface via https I always get a page note found error. For example. When I first browse to it I get the invalid certificate error (which is expected because I use an SSL certificate) and I click to proceed I always get page not found. I have to press refresh I then get the /WEB/INDEX.HTM page and authentication dialogue pops up.

When using the console I am now unable to work with devices that worked perfectly before the upgrade. There have not been changes in my home at all since the upgrade. For example I have not plugged in or added any new equipment; insteon or otherwise. I was trying to a button from one of my Insteon keypads to a scene and when I do I get cannot communicate with device errors and then that device gets red exclamation points beside it. When I right click and select 'write updates to device' Before the upgrade I had no issues working with devices in the Isy console

At this point I am regretting updating at all, as I only wanted to be able to use a wildcard SSL certificate and the dashboard. The former isn't possible on my Isy-99 and the latter refuses to work no matter what I try, So if there is a way to downgrade, I would happy do so as 3.3.3 is just not working out for me.

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

Simon

At this point I am regretting updating at all, as I only wanted to be able to use a wildcard SSL certificate and the dashboard. The former isn't possible on my Isy-99 and the latter refuses to work no matter what I try, So if there is a way to downgrade, I would happy do so as 3.3.3 is just not working out for me.

I downgraded to 3.2.6. After it was done I cleared my java cache, reloaded the console went right to the switch I was having problems with right clicked and selected write updates to device and it worked right away.

Simon

brentrosales

Right click the node, select Diagnostics | Query Insteon Engine. The 3.3.3 Beta has more device variations to support and is dependent on the Insteon Engine information being correct.

If that does not resolve what is the device type and firmware level show in the right pane. Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at Level 3. Change the LED Brightness level and post the event trace.

Hi Simon,

I am so very sorry to hear. Unfortunately I do not think you are out of the woods: 3.3.3 migrates configuration files in a way that 3.2.6 would not be able to understand and process them correctly. So, if you have gone back to 3.2.6, please make sure you also restore your 3.2.6 backup.

As far as not being able to use https with 3.3.3, as may note in the important notes section, 3.3.3 no longer supports SSLv2 (for security reasons). Unfortunately Java 1.6's default mode is SSLv2 and thus all the problems. You might want to go to Java 1.7 and retry (if you wish that is).

With kind regards,

Michel

I am so very sorry to hear. Unfortunately I do not think you are out of the woods: 3.3.3 migrates configuration files in a way that 3.2.6 would not be able to understand and process them correctly. So, if you have gone back to 3.2.6, please make sure you also restore your 3.2.6 backup.

As far as not being able to use https with 3.3.3, as may note in the important notes section, 3.3.3 no longer supports SSLv2 (for security reasons). Unfortunately Java 1.6's default mode is SSLv2 and thus all the problems. You might want to go to Java 1.7 and retry (if you wish that is).

Hi Michel,

I will restore my 3.2.6 backup later today, thanks for the tip. I am using Java 1.7 already. However the problems connecting to the ISY are before I load the console itself, would the version of Java still affect this? I notice the long delays and the page not found error seem to be gone after downgrading to 3.2.6.

Simon