Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

brians

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by brians

  1. brians replied to diggler's topic in Insteon
    I have seen them go higher than $100 USD, plus shipping etc . is expensive. I have been purchasing used ones since around December to replace failed/failing ones, and have seen the price rise drastically on them. If sticking with Insteon and ISY, I recommend looking at Z-Wave switches.
  2. @JaviOne more thing you could add is a query option from ISY, not a huge deal but I just noticed was not available.
  3. I happen to have an OpenSprinkler I purchased a couple years ago when my EZ-Flora died. So far it has worked fine as standalone but was surprised to see it in the store here! Since it is winter here up in Canada and cannot actually test it by watering the lawn, I can only test using the web UI response and seems to be working. Some minor quirks I notice... If I turn on multiple stations too quickly in a program, instead of the open sprinkler queueing them, it seems to have more than one of the stations enabled on simultaneously - sometimes I have seen a couple, other times I have seen four on at once, which is not possible to do normally and it should normally queue them to run after each prior one is finished. I have worked around this by putting a wait of 5 seconds between each station on command in ISY program. Other thing is I named one of my stations "Front Lawn/Side Lawn" and ISY does not show this station with the "/" slash character. I think I have seen this before in other node servers but I would suggest to replace the / with whitespace or some other character depending on what the actual reason is. I fixed by renaming the station in open sprinkler without the / and then I had to remove/add the poly for ISY to see. The good thing about having ISY integration and programs turning on the stations is I can water in different order now. Opensprinkler programs only water in order of the stations 01-08 and cannot have a program that does stations in order 03,06,01,04 for example. I actually rewired mine so it would water lawn in proper physical order.
  4. I was meaning at a higher level where controller is not required like Insteon, but it is nice to know that there are different types of associations and the assigned association seems more like Insteon in the aspect that it allows indirect communication. I just initially searched what these associations were, because of this discussion of Z-Wave scenes in ISY, and found out a bit more how they work and that other hubs seem to support. I am more interested in IoP supporting this as I have no desire to use ST or Hubitat.
  5. I looked it up and other hubs like smartthings, hubitat , Vera etc. appear to do direct associations. Seems to work similar to Insteon scenes where the controller is not needed after an association is setup. I hope UD works on this and is on their roadmap.
  6. Working good now, seen it is fixed in ISY Version 5.4.0_2
  7. You mean the Z-Wave Association and Z-Wave scene dropdown which nobody has seen?
  8. I made small error in my last post and called it a dimmer switch when I meant it was a motion switch that was faster updating. Anyways I did test the Zen71 on my ISY994i with a series 500 board and the performance is no different than my Polisy with Zooz S2 USB stick - meaning the ISY994i receives the on/off status nearly instant. Back with testing on the Polisy... I did notice however that if I added the Zen71 to a scene, a couple Insteon switchlinc for example, and quickly turn on/off the Zen71 the IoP would get a bit confused and start getting communication errors in administrative console and the switch would become unresponsive for a bit while it caught up. Now I don't think people would normally turn on/off a switch this way but thought would mention.
  9. Yes, I think that I found before I disabled and made my own custom Query program that it would hang up on certain Z-Wave devices. In particular ISY seems to spend a long time with my Zooz ZEN25 double plug and I think it is sending power consumption updates frequently causing network traffic. I also think it is the ISY Maybe there could be an option on each device/node to exclude from query all, but my workaround seems ok. However, I do let the regular built-in query run at 3am and have not experienced any errors so it does work, and I believe there is more overhead with GUI when watching it from the Administrative console open.
  10. I have experienced similar issue with previous version of IoP back when I first got it. For me, it was the query all program is doing this on startup. What I did was uncheck Query at Restart in Configuration, System. I then make my own custom query program that only does devices I want and this seems to be much quicker... I set this program to Run at Startup. It took a while to add all my devices but once is done I just have to maintain it. If you do not Query and know state of devices then some programs, scenes etc. may not work correctly, or not at all. I am interested in knowing what exactly the built-in Query does and why it hangs up like this.
  11. With latest version today this seems to be resolved now after a full polisy reboot. Restarting IoP separately still causes PG2 to require a restart while PG3 updates nodes over time (but a query also works to refresh them all). I am not too concerned about PG2 because I am using only one nodeserver on it which should be updated to PG3 soon.
  12. I just did this and now I lose all communication with every Insteon device. Update... rebooting entire Polisy resolved issue.
  13. I fixed title and post to be more specific.
  14. Did something get mixed up in this post? I am referring to UD mobile having issues and the responses here do not seem related. I posted here in this forum because was specific to UD mobile.
  15. My old Leviton Z-Wave plus (500 series) switch that doesn't do instant status kills the Jasco even with overhead of a hail/query. The Jasco dimmer switch also is just as fast as this Zen71 and it is 500 series... if you look at my previous testing I go over this. I also have a Zooz Zen15 which status updates instantly when manual pressing the button and it is 500 series. Having said all that, I would not expect 700 vs 500 to be 2-3 seconds faster anyways, and 700 from what I read is just more security and distance. It is problem with this model of Jasco switch with slow status updates that I have and I would like someone else to test if they also have these Jasco switches.
  16. Got my Zooz ZEN71 and it is way better than the Jasco. The response when physically turning on/off the ZEN71 is nearly instant to the ISY - similar to Insteon. I added to a scene and perform nearly as fast. Stay away from the Jasco brand switches.
  17. I applied update remotely from my work and that update fixed ability to reboot IoP from the administrative console. What was other bug that is fixed?
  18. Issue with UD mobile. Noticed after updating that if I removed and added isy/Polisy again then it does not show status of devices. I have a isy994i that I can add/remove to my iPhone and works normally. i had my iPhone not working properly as above but iPad was fine which made me wonder. So I just removed the Polisy on iPad and added again and now is broken like the iPhone however sync didn’t affect it seems that I had to remove it first.
  19. After update I went and looked at mine and the left LED was solid green. I did a reboot via ssh because I could not get it to reboot from admin console or Polisy web, but it did not come back so I went and looked and the right LED was flashing. I hard rebooted Polisy and came back but after that I had flashing fast left green LED. Pressing the button 6 times cleared LED blinking instantly and now is solid green. I see no indication of any change otherwise. Still cannot reboot isy from admin console. UD Mobile on my iPhone does not seem to get status updates of devices, I get an error sometimes and I cannot read it all but at top of screen: Starting Service ERROR <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><s:Envelope... I set UD Mobile to point to my old ISY 994i in portal, which has some test devices on it, and it works correctly so there is a bug introduced in ISY on Polisy 5.4.0 or I did something else on ISY coincidentally that it doesn't like. I was able to make my iPad, which worked before, do same thing now - by removing the portal and adding it again then it has status update problem like my iPhone now. For those that just sync an existing setup would probably not notice this.
  20. Updated no issues so far with ISY itself. One thing I noticed is that UD Mobile on iPhone does not seem to update/show current status of devices, and is not consistent controlling devices. I will post more on appropriate forums regarding this after I test more. Update - seems to work fine on my iPad when I checked last night but not iPhone. I’ll check later what difference is eg. if I am going through portal or not on iPad.
  21. Ok after updating isy on polisy to 5.4.0 i left it alone and started seeing updates from my pg3 ecobee. I then did a query from isy and everything populated. So I guess that is how it worked and I didn’t realize before. Pg2 I left alone and haven’t seen it in isy yet .
  22. This seems to be a bug, I have the same issue reported here: But both my PG2 and PG3 have the issue, unlike OP that only experience with PG2. If there is a power failure or Polisy has to restart, then I have manually restart PG2/PG3 for ISY on Polisy to update.
  23. Ok I have done some tests on my Polisy with Z-Wave and Insteon. Test 1: With one Insteon 2477D and a GE/Jasco Enbrighten ZW4008 Z-Wave in wall paddle switch - both added to an Insteon scene: Control from ISY is near instant to either switch, Insteon maybe a bit faster. Control from the 2477D turns on/off the Z-Wave switch near instant. Control from the Z-Wave switch takes about 2-3 seconds to turn on/off the 2477D Test 2: I remove both from scene and wrote a program that controls the 2477D from the Z-Wave switch status: Control from Z-Wave switch takes about the same as scene, 2-3 seconds. Looking at ISY, the on/off update is also slow 2-3 seconds delay from physically turning on/off the Jasco ZW4008 However, I just started using these Jasco switches and I also remember not as much issue with some other Z-Wave I have.... for example a Zen17 relay I use to monitor a pump I remember was nearly instant when shorting the dry connections with a paperclip testing and watching ISY... so I investigate a bit further because most all of my wall switches are Insteon, and Z-Wave is just used for things like appliance modules, dimmers, water shutoff etc. I am just starting to explore Z-Wave for wall switches so this is a bit new to me. It seems that these GE/Jasco ZW4008 model are slow sending out Z-Wave updates very slow compared to some other devices I have... in fact a Jasco Enbrighten in-wall motion switch ZW4006 is near instantaneous and is in very same gang box and I think that rules out a routing issue. A Leviton switch I have is also near instantaneous response on ISY when turning on/off physically, which is a surprise since it also has more overhead and processes a hail/query command because no instant status. I just got two ultra pro ZW4008 less expensive models that GE brand and they have same slow response 2-3 seconds. The ZW4006 (motion wall switch) would not control an Insteon scene like ZW4008 but a program does still work and is minimal delay. Update:I tested the same Ultra Pro Jasco ZW4008 on both Polisy with S2 dongle, and my ISY994i with 500 series Z-Wave module - there is no difference and both take 2-3 seconds to receive an update from the switch. I will test a Zooz plug soon in same location, removing and re-adding, and follow-up. I don't have any other Z-Wave light switches to test but will order one... any suggestions? Conclusion: Some Z-Wave devices are slow to report their status, and it seems right now that it is most likely not ISY's fault. Until more testing, I will not buy anymore Jasco switches for now for anything major... however I was just getting them for a couple bathrooms that I never bothered to install Insteon in the past, so not really going to be used in scenes. Maybe I will look at a Zooz switch next. Actually the only thing I use scenes for in Insteon is for virtual 3-way and linking keypads to buttons. Be interesting to hear if others who have issues can also determine if it is a particular brand/model of Z-Wave switch. Couple videos showing my test with Jasco Ultra Pro ZW4008... will test my Zooz plug which is the only other z-wave device that I have which has instant status. And I said earlier that my Leviton, with a hail program, respond almost instant on ISY when I physically turn on/off switch. IMG_8364.mov IMG_8360.mov
  24. @asbrilSince you only use ISY, and have a lot of, Z-wave devices, I am curious why you are not using another controller? For the majority of people that use ISY, it is because they have a lot invested in Insteon. I just reloaded my old ISY994i with the Z-Wave only firmware. It is on 5.3.4 so I will see if there are any differences. I just got in a couple Jasco Ultra Pro switches I will test later. I remember now that I added a switchlinc relay to a Jasco switch that was a controller in a scene, and was also slow to respond 1-2 seconds... maybe it is just the keypadlinc that seem faster. A better test is later I will setup an Insteon 2477D as a controller for a Z-Wave lamp dimmer and see if performs the same as a keypadlinc key.
  25. I am using ISY on Polisy 5.3.0 and do not have any of those Z-Wave Scene or Z-Wave association options.. When I create a Z-Wave only scene between a couple Jasco wall switches, it takes about 1-2 seconds for the other zwave switch to respond. Lets hope they fix this in a future update with association options. But having said that, if I create a program that detects a z-wave switch on, and turns on another z-wave, it is only about half a second in comparison to the scene method, therefore I think something may be wrong with ISY Z-Wave scene handling... there is some overhead there definitely and I think it should be faster. Also when controlling Z-Wave devices in a scene from an Insteon device eg. a keypadlinc button, it is fast with about the same short half second delay as my program. I also notice cosmetically that when adding a Z-Wave as a controller, the ISY does not "remember" it is a controller and I it only shows this device is a responder for.... scene name on the right pane. But there is a difference when looking in the actual scene and shows the pulldown option so it is in fact setting up as a controller. If I remove and re-add as responder only then it does not show the pulldown.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.