Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

brians

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by brians

  1. @Michel Kohanim Ok I went to tools, generate topology. The devices in topology are in alphabetical order so I am not understanding the importance of adding them to the Polisy in that order. Here is a partial snip of my topology show two Z-Wave devices with a large gap in nodes number. I thought the programs reference the node number internally, not the name. Do you mean to go through the topology and sort the Z-wave nodes myself, start at lowest ZWxxx node in the topology and add them back in order of the node numbers and make sure they match in Polisy? eg. if there are gaps in my z-wave where I previously excluded/included a device, I would then do do multiple exclude/includes to increment the node numbers? Brian
  2. I am going to attempt moving to Polisy this weekend. I have about 20 z-wave devices. Couple questions: Should I remove each z-wave from current ISY994i first before adding to Polisy? Or should I just do remove on the Polisy and add? (I am thinking the latter makes more sense). When migrating over (eg. export from isy994i and import to polisy), do the programs that referenced z-wave devices show the old name of the z-wave device, or a device not found message. I am not sure I understand how the find and replace would have worked unless the original name was copied in during the import of backup.
  3. I have successfully used z-wave devices as responders into existing Insteon scenes eg. a dimmer lamp controlled by an Insteon switchlinc, but never a 100% z-wave scene.
  4. Just got my Polisy... setup the PG2, PG3 installed. I am able to connect via java to the admin console for ISY on Polisy. However, there is an issue with web interface to access My Lighting eg. my IP address is 192.168.10.106: https://192.168.10.106:8443 - does not work https://192.168.10.106:8443/WEB/udajax.htm - works. Seems that the default page is non existent.. .I found that working URL from looking at my existing ISY994i. Not a huge deal since I rarely use this web interface. This weekend I am going to move over to Polisy... Z-wave will take a bit because have to do manually... anyone have any suggestions?
  5. @GeddySorry if it wasn't clear, the email part is working but the actual Z-Wave lock is not running the program anymore for a specific user unlocking the door, which it did before.
  6. Actually I noticed that some of my old test programs no longer work. A couple years ago, I had programs that would disarm alarm if the correct user code was entered but I disabled because I didn't want to do this anymore. Now we have a code for person to enter and is supposed to email me, does not seem to work now. Unlock Home Care - [ID 000D][Parent 0075] If 'Front Door' User Number is 5 Then Send Notification to 'email' Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')
  7. I have a 236 and never keypad lock, didn't realize it was supposed to do that. I can test later. Brian
  8. I have a Zen17 and set Parameter 2 to 10 first which makes it a dry contact, then parameter 10 to 0 which disables the input triggering the relay. I remove/add and it added a couple extra nodes... binary sensor. However, I had to redo the parameter 10 to 0 again. I think the proper step is to do parameter 2 to 10, remove/add, then parameter 10 to 0 which does not require a remove/add. Also parameter 3 and 11 do S2 same as 2 and 10 do S1. Thank you for confirming this works because I was about to give up on this. Instructions are not clear what the purpose of all the Parameter 2/3 do.
  9. I have a Zen17 and was able to separate the outputs from the sensors. I had to set a couple parameters and then remove/add the switch again.
  10. I have a Polisy on its way. I also ordered an Insteon 2448A7 USB stick (because of no availability of PLM) and have a Zooz z-wave stick. The Insteon stick should work fine based on what others say because as long as I have wireless Insteon devices they will bridge powerline to my older ones. I also have only around 200 Insteon links (the USB stick is half the links around 1000 than the 2000 or so on PLM). Can't wait to try.
  11. Awesome, I just ordered the very last Polisy they had in stock from UDI and hope to get it up here in Canada in next couple weeks. I already have the Zooz Z-Wave stick. Since USB PLM are rare, I also ordered an Insteon 2448A7 USB stick which I read elsewhere that will work fine with Polisy that using my wireless insteon devices to bridge/mesh with my old powerline only devices. I also have ZL-PD-100 dimmer so can test that to see if works as per OP but the latest update posted probably fix!
  12. @mmb Yes I am using the ISY994i with 500 module. I am interested to know how you get Z-Wave on ISY with Polisy (is it released now?). Regarding the hail... all my Leviton Z-Wave do not report back instant status eg. if a switch is turned on/off manually it does not report this back to ISY (has to do with some now expired patent years ago they didn't want to pay royalties for). However when a Leviton switch is turned on/off that device sends a "hail" and ISY can recognize this. Therefore I have program for each Leviton that checks for the control is hail from it, and then queries the status of the device to see what its state is, there is information elsewhere how to do this. There may be issues with dimmers not reporting exact value depending on when the query was sent. Other devices I have like Zooz and Jasco do not need this and report instant status. However, I find that in practice, the lamp/dimmer modules I control are always from ISY or another switch in scene, so the state is known... I never control lamps from those units directly.
  13. @mmb I didn't know the DZPD3-2BW reported instant status. With all my Leviton Z-Wave i have to use a program that monitors the hail command.
  14. Is Z-Wave now available with ISY on Polisy? I have not seen any announcement, or is this internal testing? If is coming I will order up a Polisy so I am ready.
  15. I will attempt to explain my findings... I added a GE Enbrighten wall switch.. it added 6 nodes. The main node allows switch control on/off With this switch, I find that the other nodes are required for certain features... specifically there is option to use fast on, triple press etc. and it requires the nodes named with suffix eg. Scene Button 1 and Scene Button 2. I renamed my nodes but I hope you get the idea with this program what can be done... Jasco LED off - [ID 000A][Parent 0071] If 'Z-Wave extra nodes / ZW Down Hall Scene B2' is switched Fast On Then Set 'Downstairs / Downstairs Hallway' Set Configuration Parameter 3 = 2 Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') Downstairs Hallway is the primary Node. The Node ZW Down Hall Scene B2 is the bottom button of the switch (B1 is top) - and what this program does is upon a double-tap of bottom switch (eg fast on) sets a configuration parameter 3 = 2 to turn off the green LED when switch is turned on. I have another program using B1 to turn off LED with configuration parameter 3 = 0 Triple press also works but I have not had any luck with 4x press (on) or 5x press (on) When I pull down the device selection I only see the B1 and B2 nodes and no others. The program was just an experiment, I would use this particular case of LED off maybe for a switch in a bedroom and turn off LED at night if was too bright. Therefore I think that like was previously mentioned... some of these are just generic placeholders because manufacturer uses same chip/software for multiple devices (eg. dimmers, multi-button switches etc.) so it is up to you to determine which ones are used or not. I had deleted these nodes and then my program did not work after so I added nodes back in.
  16. I have not found a z-wave switch as nice as an Insteon switch but in Canada they do not seem available and I do not feel like spending $120 per switch after exchange and import fees. A couple years ago I would buy them as needed off amazon for around $75 CAD. However I have just got a few GE Enbrighten (Jasco) and these are very nice and inexpensive at $58 CAD. I can do double/triple tap for scene control on each button. Am able to set parameter to turn LED off at night eg. if in a bedroom and don't want to see green LED - still not as nice as Insteon but I am sorta fed up with Insteon and their reliability issues. I am purchasing Z-Wave switches to change out my failing Insteon (I have lots and am original Insteon purchaser with many old single band failing switches) and will move good working Insteon around to areas as needed, where I want the Insteon look, and replace other areas in home with Z-wave. To answer OP original question, I have a couple different dimmers... one is Leviton dimmer which works good and I have paired with a keypadlinc button in a scene and acts just like an Insteon device (except it needs the controller to "fake" it whereas Insteon once paired can continue to work without a controller). The other I have in bedroom is a superior unit... ZLINK ZL-PD-100 https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07DFRF4FM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have it also linked with keypadlinc button and can dim/brighten. Both units can set on level, ramp rate etc. and can turn off LED when unit is off. Can set the % brightness and fade rate in scenes also just like Insteon... They have done a good job making Z-Wave work seamlessly with Insteon devices in scenes and seems as responsive when controlling from another switch. Surprisingly I still have an original lamplinc dimmer that works which I control with an Insteon relay. I also have many z-wave plug-in outlets to control things like non-dimable lamps, ornaments, xmas trees etc.
  17. I just bought a Zooz S2 stick 700 in hopes of upgrading my Z-wave firmwares. I have a bunch of Leviton wall outlets and a few wall switches. I heard that upgrading to latest firmware for Leviton would provide instant status (spoiler: it doesn't and people reporting this in other forums I am not sure why they claim this) Currently I use hail program to query Leviton which works fine, and I don't really have a need for instant status from a wall outlet anyways because its always controlled by ISY. First thing I tried was the Silicon Labs ZWave PC Controller. I linked up a Leviton wall switch I have as test and detects. I found some Leviton hex files however it did not work... after some research it is determined these hex files found on Internet do not work. I found how to add the ZWave PC Controller as second controller... I try to program Zooz ZEN-25 with no luck. Next step... purchase HomeSeer Z-Flash utility. I tried same Leviton test wall switch and it in fact upgrades firmware! I then add the Z-Flash as 2nd controller to ISY usng Add To / Remove From Existing System button. I get an error afer a while about adding secure device. in the Z-Flash utility, nothing shown in device management, but I press Disable and then Enable and I see one Leviton device appear. Toggling the Disable/Enable over and over in Z-Flash until I see all/most of my devices. I select a Leviton outlet and it does update firmware - joy! Sometimes Z-Flash quits after update and have to reload and Disable/Enable for a while all over again. It seems that this is a bit flakey and have to mess around with Z-Flash but it does work sometimes. Wall switches cannot update firmware this way so after updating about 4 devices (including my Zen25 - had to rename the file with .hex extension) I decide to remove as secondary controller from ISY. But I couldn't remove using the standard way of remove device like I added, just didn't recognize... so I reset the USB in Z-Wave, then I removed the Node in ISY. For the remaining Leviton wall switch devices I had to remove from isy, add to z-wave and remove then back to isy... Conclusion is: Silicon Labs software did not work for me to upgrade any firmware... new version is a pain to register and seems embedded now in a huge bloated front-end software. HomeSeer Z-Flash seems to work flawless when connecting direct, but mileage may vary as a second controller option on ISY. I did reset a Z-Wave device using Z-Flash, updated, and then added back using Z-Wave replace failed node.. however none of the programs worked after (eg. my hail programs) until I went into each one and updated the lines with the referenced device... not sure if anything else would have issue. I saw no benefit of operation of my Z-Wave devices after upgrading firmware so this was all a waste of time really other than I learn a bit upgrading Z-Wave firmware! I do now have a Z-Wave USB compatible with POLISY if I ever am able to get my hands on one, and when they come out with z-wave support (but I don't have a USB PLM so would need one of those for my Insteon). Stick is also compatible with HA, but that is another story LOL. My advice is to stay away form Leviton and purchase only quality Z-Wave like GE Enbrighten... I have a few of these and are very nice and the depth is not much deeper than an Insteon switch and the inexpensive add-on switches work great for 3-ways. Don't worry about firmware if your device works properly.
  18. Hi, I had an old install of Homebridge and working with rodtoll ISY pluginfor years, but my install didn't support the new Homebridge UI. I wanted to add more things to Homebridge and had to upgrade. What I decided to do is delete old Homebridge and start brand new. I installed on a Raspberry pi which is very simple, then I connect to the web interface which is installed by default. To get ISY working I noticed a new plugin by @pmouli. The setup was easy but this is not very good experience. Aside from changing the way the config works, more importantly he dropped support for Z-Wave so my lock and other lamp switches do not work. Considering his last update was Aug 2020 I don't expect anything more from this. It is important to note that the original rodtoll plugin worked flawless for me for years. I tried a new one Homebridge ISY Njs by @njs75 which is a fork of the original from rodtoll. Doesn't appear has changed anything except named njs for now but this at least has some hope of ongoing support. I probably could have used the original rodtoll one but chose this one. I was able to use my old config but I had to exclude the homebridge portion etc. due to the way the new gui handles configs. Here is my config to paste in which someone can use just change IP address and password... The Ignores also can be changed to how you use ISY - I use to exclude Keypadlinc buttons and other devices I don't want in Homekit. I don't want to see and slave switches and I have them named in ISY eg. Hallway Slave so this Ignores those. { "platform": "isy-njs", "host": "192.168.x.x", "username": "admin", "password": "yourpasswordhere", "elkEnabled": false, "useHttps": false, "includeAllScenes": false, "name": "isy-njs", "includedScenes": [ "123456" ], "garageDoors": [ { "address": "11 D8 13 1", "name": "Garage Door", "timeToOpen": 12000 } ], "ignoreDevices": [ { "nameContains": "Slave", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "Garage Door Switch", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "KLA", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "KLB", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "KLC", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "KLD", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "KLE", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "KLF", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "KLG", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "KLH", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "KB", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "KG", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "KH", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "TriggerLinc", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "Pump", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "ZW ", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "foo use this to delete items", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" }, { "nameContains": "Master Bedroom Fan", "lastAddressDigit": "", "address": "" } ] }
  19. Is it possible to take this into account when writing updates? In my case there is a ZW device that I had unplugged/offline which causes this, so not sure why it affects updating an Insteon switch just because some other device doesn't have updates. Anyways, it seems that a workaround is to temporarily disable any device with 1011 icons which will make updates faster.
  20. If your Raspberry Pi is not stable then you either have a defective Pi, or are doing something wrong.
  21. I agree, I switched from Google to Amazon last year (Google was first to Canada which is why I used first).
  22. Sorry you are correct. I got confused with spokens which are used by MobiLinc but not by isy portal.
  23. As far as I understand you have to manage the rooms within Google (same with Amazon Alexa groups). ISY room naming is only used by MobiLinc. Has something changed? lilyoyo1 says it is working for him. I don't used Google anymore but am curious.
  24. I just moved over to a pi from a Windows 7 VM I have been using for a while...all went perfect - Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Buster Lite. I just copied over the config.xml (I also run Polyglot on it with no issues in case people want to know if can run both).
  25. I use pushover and found that the pushover nodeserver was a bit of work to setup and the instructions are not very clear - took me an hour or so of trial and error before I got it working. I then found the instructions for network resource method and use that instead because it is much simpler and more flexible. I was used to having notifications for HomeKit (via homebridge) but I want to wean myself off HomeKit so looking for an alternative I found pushover. One thing those instructions for ISY don't say is you can add is &title (which the nodeserver seems to add). It makes the notification much better. body to 'token=#Application Token#&user=#User Key#&message=Test Notification' Just change the end and put a &title in there, this is an example of end of one of mine &title=Front Door&message=Locked You can also use variables etc. in message. For example one program can show status and user number of my Yale lock with one program could handle lock/unlock: &title=Front Door&message=${sys.node.ZW008_1.ST} User:${sys.node.ZW008_1.USRNUM} Does anyone know if there is a variable for the calling program name? Then I could make one notification NR for multiple things.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.