Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

andrew77

Members

Everything posted by andrew77

  1. When I shut them off from the console it shuts them all off, works as it should.
  2. No, that was my outside lights, these are my basement lights
  3. The loads are all the same. Just differing percentages
  4. I have a basic scene to 'turn on basement' When I tell Alexa to turn it on its fine. When I ask to shut it off a SWL and a KPL never shut off. I've removed the scene from Portal and re added it, still the same. I have other scenes called Basement 30%, basement 15% etc when I say to turn on basement 30% (etc), fine. Telling them to shut off basement 30% works fine (for all percentage scenes. But the basement one only shuts off some lights
  5. I do have Alexa+ but these issues were around before they released it But good to know. I'm non plussed over the 'upgrade'
  6. This is exactly what happens When I'm done shovelling I'll try this and upload the Event Viewer level 3 log Thank you for the fast reply.
  7. I always seem to have to tell Alexa repeatedly to "Shut off outside lights" or "Goodnight" I know its because of line noise or something of the sort but its random and I've never been able to find a pattern. Can I just have the program trigger the scene "Shut off outside lights", double check the scene, and correct it?
  8. Thank you Paul, this worked.
  9. I’m pretty sure Alexa triggers the device and not the scene. I thought there was an easier way of making the KPL Led light up when the light it triggers is lit
  10. Elapsed 00:00:34.277 : Loading Variables Elapsed 00:00:35.095 : Loading Node Definitions Elapsed 00:00:35.988 : Loading Nodes Elapsed 00:00:36.190 : Creating Widgets Elapsed 00:00:40.132 : Creating Widgets Complete Tue 01/20/2026 12:29:03 PM : Starting Subscription Tue 01/20/2026 12:29:04 PM : [4B 52 12 8 ] ST 255 (uom=100 prec=0) Tue 01/20/2026 12:29:04 PM : Completing initialization Tue 01/20/2026 12:29:04 PM : U7 Rest: submitCmd([58 DF 82 1],[DOF],[<NULL>]) Tue 01/20/2026 12:29:04 PM : Refreshing Status Tue 01/20/2026 12:29:04 PM : Refreshing Views Tue 01/20/2026 12:29:05 PM : [4B 52 12 8 ] ST 255 (uom=100 prec=0) Tue 01/20/2026 12:29:05 PM : U7 Rest: submitCmd([58 DF 82 1],[DOF],[<NULL>]) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.65.71 00.00.01 CF 11 00 LTONRR (00) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [Std-Group ] 70.65.71-->Group=1, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=3 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 65 71 1] [DON] [0] uom=0 prec=-1 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [70 65 71 1 ] DON 0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 65 71 1] [ST] [255] uom=100 prec=0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [70 65 71 1 ] ST 255 (uom=100 prec=0) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 9C CE 7] [ST] [255] uom=100 prec=0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [70 9C CE 7 ] ST 255 (uom=100 prec=0) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.65.71 71.1B.2E 40 11 01 LTONRR (01) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [Std-Cleanup ] 70.65.71-->ISY/PLM Group=1, Max Hops=0, Hops Left=0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [INST-DUP 2 ] Previous message ignored. Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.65.71 71.1B.2E 45 11 01 LTONRR (01) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [Std-Cleanup ] 70.65.71-->ISY/PLM Group=1, Max Hops=1, Hops Left=1 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [INST-DUP 2 ] Previous message ignored. Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:00 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.65.71 11.02.01 CF 06 00 (00) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:01 PM : [Std-Group ] 70.65.71-->11.02.01, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=3 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:01 PM : [INST-INFO ] Previous message ignored. Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.65.71 00.00.01 CF 13 00 LTOFFRR(00) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [Std-Group ] 70.65.71-->Group=1, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=3 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 65 71 1] [DOF] [0] uom=0 prec=-1 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [70 65 71 1 ] DOF 0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 65 71 1] [ST] [0] uom=100 prec=0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [70 65 71 1 ] ST 0 (uom=100 prec=0) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 9C CE 7] [ST] [0] uom=100 prec=0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [70 9C CE 7 ] ST 0 (uom=100 prec=0) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.65.71 71.1B.2E 45 13 01 LTOFFRR(01) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [Std-Cleanup ] 70.65.71-->ISY/PLM Group=1, Max Hops=1, Hops Left=1 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [INST-DUP 2 ] Previous message ignored. Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.65.71 13.02.01 CF 06 00 (00) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [Std-Group ] 70.65.71-->13.02.01, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=3 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:11 PM : [INST-INFO ] Previous message ignored. Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:26 PM : Create REST U7 [/rest/nodes/70%2065%2071%201/cmd/DON] Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:26 PM : U7 Rest: submitCmd([70 65 71 1],[DON],[<NULL>]) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:26 PM : [INST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 70 65 71 0F 11 FF Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:26 PM : [INST-ACK ] 02 62 70.65.71 0F 11 FF 06 LTONRR (FF) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:26 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.65.71 71.1B.2E 2F 11 FF LTONRR (FF) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:26 PM : [Std-Direct Ack] 70.65.71-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=3 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:26 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 65 71 1] [ST] [255] uom=100 prec=0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:26 PM : [70 65 71 1 ] ST 255 (uom=100 prec=0) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:33 PM : Create REST U7 [/rest/nodes/70%2065%2071%201/cmd/DOF] Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:33 PM : U7 Rest: submitCmd([70 65 71 1],[DOF],[<NULL>]) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:33 PM : [INST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 70 65 71 0F 13 00 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:33 PM : [INST-ACK ] 02 62 70.65.71 0F 13 00 06 LTOFFRR(00) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:33 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.65.71 71.1B.2E 2F 13 00 LTOFFRR(00) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:33 PM : [Std-Direct Ack] 70.65.71-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=3 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:33 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 65 71 1] [ST] [0] uom=100 prec=0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:33 PM : [70 65 71 1 ] ST 0 (uom=100 prec=0) Tue 01/20/2026 12:32:59 PM : Create REST U7 [/rest/profiles/ns/0/connection] Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:48 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.9C.CE 00.00.07 CF 11 00 LTONRR (00) Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:48 PM : [Std-Group ] 70.9C.CE-->Group=7, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=3 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:48 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 9C CE 7] [DON] [0] uom=0 prec=-1 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:48 PM : [70 9C CE 7 ] DON 0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:48 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 9C CE 7] [ST] [255] uom=100 prec=0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:48 PM : [70 9C CE 7 ] ST 255 (uom=100 prec=0) Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:48 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 65 71 1] [ST] [255] uom=100 prec=0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:48 PM : [70 65 71 1 ] ST 255 (uom=100 prec=0) Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:49 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.9C.CE 71.1B.2E 4A 11 07 LTONRR (07) Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:49 PM : [Std-Cleanup ] 70.9C.CE-->ISY/PLM Group=7, Max Hops=2, Hops Left=2 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:49 PM : [INST-DUP 2 ] Previous message ignored. Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:49 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.9C.CE 11.02.07 C3 06 00 (00) Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:49 PM : [Std-Group ] 70.9C.CE-->11.02.07, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:50 PM : [INST-INFO ] Previous message ignored. Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:51 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.9C.CE 00.00.07 CB 13 00 LTOFFRR(00) Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:51 PM : [Std-Group ] 70.9C.CE-->Group=7, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:51 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 9C CE 7] [DOF] [0] uom=0 prec=-1 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:51 PM : [70 9C CE 7 ] DOF 0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:51 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 9C CE 7] [ST] [0] uom=100 prec=0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:51 PM : [70 9C CE 7 ] ST 0 (uom=100 prec=0) Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:51 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [70 65 71 1] [ST] [0] uom=100 prec=0 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:51 PM : [70 65 71 1 ] ST 0 (uom=100 prec=0) Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:51 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.9C.CE 71.1B.2E 45 13 07 LTOFFRR(07) Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:51 PM : [Std-Cleanup ] 70.9C.CE-->ISY/PLM Group=7, Max Hops=1, Hops Left=1 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:51 PM : [INST-DUP 2 ] Previous message ignored. Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:52 PM : [INST-SRX ] 02 50 70.9C.CE 13.02.07 CB 06 00 (00) Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:52 PM : [Std-Group ] 70.9C.CE-->13.02.07, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2 Tue 01/20/2026 12:33:52 PM : [INST-INFO ] Previous message ignored. I pressed the SWL (non dimming) on and off, then asked Alexa to turn the light on and off then pressed the KPL button on and off. (I'm sure you can figure that out from what it says above but I don't know what I'm looking at As an aside I still see this when I open the GUI (its the latest device I added)
  11. I put them both in as controllers now but the LED still doesn't light up when the device is on. I'm unclear what I'm doing wrong?
  12. I know this is on here somewhere but I cant find it. I have a few light that are triggered by their device (SWL or Lamplinc) but are also turned on by a KPL button (not the load) I have the scene that has the device and the KPL button (as controller) How do I make the LED light up when the light is on and shut off when the light is off? I know I'm supposed to add it to the scene but when I try it says its already a member of the scene
  13. Restore Device did the trick it seems. Thanks guys. 🤘
  14. They are all listed as scenes When I trigger the scene in the GUI the GUI says the light changed but in reality it hasnt Also, this keeps opening when I open the GUI
  15. I used the GUI to ‘replace’ and it’s in the scenes in the gui as it should. I’ll try that.
  16. One thing I’ve noticed is the light doesn’t change when I tell Alexa to change the scene (Ex “turn on Livingroom 30% changes all other lights except the newly replaced swl) What have I forgotten to do?
  17. I've replaced the SWL and it seems to be working. I'll post back in a few days to confirm the issue is solved. Thank you all for the help as always.
  18. I'm trying to replace what I believe is a faulty SWL with a brand new one. But I can get into Start Linking because this keeps popping up
  19. I have. That’s when the issue seemed to have gotten worse That’s what I’ve been thinking. I’ll replace it today and see if that doesn’t help.
  20. Things seem to have gotten worse. When I turn on the SWL with the app it ramps up and down, it doesn’t respond to voice commands and will only turn on by controlling the paddle of the SWL itself.
  21. Just popping in to bump the post to see if anyone has an idea before I just start replacing devices.
  22. I have a SWL (older version) that wasn’t responding properly. It wouldn’t come on with a scene but would if you told it to separately. I tried airgapping it and factory resetting. Then restoring device in the GUI. Now tonight it’s not really responding and sometimes it ramps up to 100% on its own with no prompt Is this salvageable or a remove and replace situation?
  23. This worked. I'm assuming as I only use them during the christmas season they get wonky Thanks again everyone
  24. They were controlling LED christmas lights, same as the other two I've brought them in the house for testing and they still don't respond correctly. I tried changing the problematic ones to 'contact sensor' and Alexa just said it didn't support that. When I tell Alexa to turn them on as lights she says Okay but the error pops up and nothing happens
  25. I have four Insteon outdoor modules (black ones). Two work as they should and two don't. When I press the set button on one of the modules both turn on. Voice commands, commands from the guy, and app do nothing. I get this pop up. I tried restoring one of the devices but that didn't work either. I should add for some reason the two that work are listed as Contact Sensor in the portal, and the other two are listed as Light

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.