Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mmb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mmb

  1. My brother says the update was completed and was prompt to reboot, which he did. No signs of life on the web side. I walked him through how to ssh to see if the EISY still alive and he was able to get in but that's all. He knows nothing about command line concepts so he won't get very far. UD has been very responsive to his tickets in the past but this one is taking longer than normal, why he's asking me. Guess we'll see.
  2. @Javi my brother attempted to update his EISY to get the new UI for his Mac using the AC but the update failed. Seems it never came back after the prompted reboot. He submitted a ticket but only had a cursory response yesterday. He's asking me if there's possibly a problem with the update that is being looked into? Or too busy with other tickets? I told him I have no clue but I'd post on the forum to see if I can get more info. He understands this is a huge update. Thanks
  3. mmb replied to DWheeler's topic in eisy
    My brother was having problems with the AC on his Mac, I suggest updating to get eisyUI. In short the update failed, eisyUI won't start and no signs of a web server. SSH does work fortunately. He has submitted a ticket, awaiting response.
  4. mmb replied to Techman's topic in eisy-ui
    I can adjust any single column without problem. They don't seem to be sticky, when i go to another page they return to the original size.
  5. Well AI engines have pretty much sucked up all knowledge on the internet, so my goto when I have a question as you suggested is just head to Gemini or AGY. For me what will be nice is eISY’s plug-in to dig into logs and coding, and suggest/make changes.
  6. Very interesting Michel, can the eISY AI do a review of all my Programs to determine if there are any problems that need to be addressed? Like AGY AI?
  7. I gave up on them about 15 yrs ago. Battery devices are too flakey. Almost 20 yrs - I had a good run.
  8. @lilyoyo @Guy Lavoie Thanks they are older but motion sensors. No program modifications. Also interesting, the logs shows scene IDs instead of scene names around the time of the event. I checked the logs again later this morning and they're gone. Hard rebooting everything.
  9. I experienced a first time ever event in the almost 20 yrs of ISY/Polisy/EISY ownership All my Insteon lights randomly turned on at 3:00 am this morning. The only program scheduled to run is the usual query to devices at 3:00 am. The query confirmed lights were on in the logs. I'm on the latest up to date EISY firmware, my PLM is relatively new and line noise has never been an issue. Anyone else experience this weirdness? Edit: My wife says she had to get up at 11:30pm and turn off all the light.There is a possibility that the lights were randomly turned on earlier and the query just reported the fact the lights were on.
  10. Hi @Javi , I see these errors on sync after installing the major update today. They don’t seem to be causing any functionality issues. Can you help me understand what they are? Thanks!
  11. Upgrade went well, no issues.
  12. Did you upgrade via the admin console or from the EISYUI? My EISYUI says I'm up to date for some reason. Thanks!
  13. It's been a while, is there an update? Not showing it's available on my EISY UI.
  14. mmb replied to Palmer marketing's topic in eisy
    The only thing I would consider unusual is my use of REST. I retrieve temp data from an external website and set variables to trigger programs (switches). I also trigger lights based on motion on BlueIris NVR. These were never a problem on the ISY.
  15. mmb replied to Palmer marketing's topic in eisy
    I experienced a lockup as well, first time ever since migrating away from my ISY. It was such an unusual event that I felt Michel should have a look. My programs are pretty straight forward as well. I have mostly Insteon switches and a few of zigbee devices which were added since the migration. Anyway Michel blamed it on a loop as well.
  16. mmb replied to TRI0N-1's topic in eisy
    I use EISY for all my Insteon lighting, nothing comes close for functionality. I have a couple of Zooz switches on the EISY as well. However, I use HA for all my utility needs like zigbee sensors and smart plugs. I find EISY support very limited and/or clunky compared to HA for these devices.
  17. Not sure about Apple devices but UDI has said in the past the target for the webui is end of year 2026. So maybe they had this in mind with their timeline. I actually mentioned to Michel a couple of years ago that they should develop a webui to gain better adoption of their devices and plus java always seems to be a problem area for new users. I was told, UDI is a small company etc.
  18. mmb replied to mmb's topic in eisy
    Good plan, thanks!
  19. mmb replied to mmb's topic in eisy
    Good idea, I'll watch it. Currently I'm at 135. Thanks!
  20. mmb replied to mmb's topic in eisy
    Thanks, I'm still not sure, it seems like OS/IOX doesn't have an open socket to take the admin console requests for a Program Save, for example. Makes sense to me why would a reboot clear up the problem for another month. I don't have a huge number of Programs but I do have external programs that use REST to do regular update on variables in the EISY. And PG3 has an DSC Alarm node that updates the EISY. Nothing crazy in my mind. Maybe I'm missing something.
  21. mmb replied to mmb's topic in eisy
    Thanks, it happens on a Save function like creating a Program. I saw the thread. I seem to remember setting the -Xmx512m to 1024 previously years ago but the setting is missing. I'll try that again. Firmware is up to date. 6.05. I'll see how it goes and submit a ticket if it happens again.
  22. mmb posted a topic in eisy
    Does anyone know how to get rid of these socket timeouts? I do know what a socket is but not sure how to address them on the eisy. They popup about once a month and total bork a program save and other functions. Thanks!
  23. Curious @Michel Kohanim what is causing the ISY Default smtp failures on the ISY? Even when firmware is updated. It seems so straight forward.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.