Everything posted by lilyoyo1
-
Scene devices responding opposite
It sounds like you didnt configure the scene controller. One thing why your lights are not turning on in 4.5 seconds may be the bulbs themselves. If you are using LEDs this may be the culprit. LEDs generally have a harder time ramping up vs ramping down.
-
Schlage BE469ZP Options missing
What's your firmware and UI?
-
Unlink the "dedicated" off/on buttons on the 2487S from the internal switch
It sounds like you've connected the 2487 to the fanlinc directly which is the incorrect way to wire it when used in connection with the fanlinc. Hart2hart's explanation is what you need to do in order to accomplish what you're trying to do. Once re-wired, you'll be able to link the light to the buttons for control and control the speeds separately. You'll also be able to dim the fanlinc from the big buttons as well.
-
ISY portal on iPad etc.
Their focus is on what pays the bills. Every business is (even much larger corporations). This why you see new Samsung phones getting bug fixes when they first come out while bugs (such as the gps one) are still waiting for a fix 4 months later. Its not that the isy is nothing to them. Automation means alot to them which is why there is progress (especially from what Michel just mentioned about a developer). If a person has a job that will pay 5k but other jobs come along that will pay 30k. Which one would anyone take? Its not that the 5k job doesnt matter, just the higher paying jobs has the most influence. In fact, this diversity is what helps them help us. The additional income allows them the ability to expand the isy and do much more than they probably would be capable of....including keeping the isy (and other accessories) at a low price point.
-
Best way to completely redo ISY programming
I'm not sure what you're asking. If your system has issues now and you restore a backup after factory resetting and cleaning it, you're just putting the same bad stuff back into your devices. If you want to start over, commit to that and forget your old setup. When I initially set up an Isy, I will add my devices, name them, and and them to the rooms. Once done I create a back up. I save this as my clean slate so that if I ever need to start over, I can save alot of time on the initial portion. You can make a copies of the programs that you want to keep as well as scenes you want to recreate. Then factory reset your devices and isy
-
Release 5.2.0 (RC3) - OUTDATED
Since the official release shows up in the isy, I'm assuming users will still have to go through the migration process. If this is so, it might be good to have a warning or link to the forum about the process pop up prior to updating so that non forum users know what they will need to do once they update to avoid any surprises.
-
Release 5.2.0 (RC3) - OUTDATED
I can imagine. Zwave is painful for users so I can see it being much worse on your end
-
How do i use Wifi Plugs
What Asbril said.....you'll need Polisy in the future anyway for the nodeserver store
-
Copy 8 button keypad
To be honest I don't remember exactly where. It's been years since I used 4.0. Right click on your scene or controller. It's somewhere in there
-
Copy 8 button keypad
That depends on what firmware you're on. 4.0 there's a copy button in 5.0 there is none.
-
Release 5.2.0 (RC3) - OUTDATED
Congratulations!!!?
-
Copy 8 button keypad
If you're replacing the kpl with a new one you would do a swap https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Replacing_a_Device
-
Door Deadbolt control, Schlage Wifi vs Z-wave
Nice article. Makes things look pretty locked down (which is good in a sense).
-
Door Deadbolt control, Schlage Wifi vs Z-wave
Is there an API for Yonomi? If so, maybe there can be a way via a nodeserver talking through them.
-
Door Deadbolt control, Schlage Wifi vs Z-wave
It doesn't hurt though I don't think it would change anything in the near future. They know and understand automation which is why they have devices for it). However, someone chose to make this closed off for now.
-
Nexlux WiFi Wireless LED Smart Controller Alexa Google Home
Since it works with the magic home app it might. You would need to use the magic home nodeserver
-
Context-aware Alexa with an ISY
Maybe that difference is why it doesn't work for you. We never change speeds so it being a switch works for me
-
Context-aware Alexa with an ISY
I use both Google home and Alexa in my house. Both are set up exactly the same way. I do control my lights with programs. I don't know if that makes a difference or not
-
Context-aware Alexa with an ISY
-
Context-aware Alexa with an ISY
I use programs for my assistant control. I only control 1 light in a room which is the main light. I turn on the light I use mostly and the off turn off whatever is on. For example, in the kitchen, I use my can lights mostly. Saying turn the lights on will turn them on. If I say turn off the lights it will turn off whatever is on. It could be the sink lights, island lights, breakfast nook etc. Doesn't matter. It'll turn off. The same applies for any room. In Alexa, it's named Light. The same applies for fan. Every room is labeled as fan. I do have the exact room as secondary phrases but the main name is fan. This is for each and every room. Each speaker is in its individual room along with each device. With this setup I have not had any issues with turning something on or off
-
Context-aware Alexa with an ISY
I did a few posts above. i'll add that each speaker is located in the individual rooms as well
-
Context-aware Alexa with an ISY
It works with both. I have it working with fans and lights for each room. Regardless of room, I simply say turn on the lights (or fan) and it does it for that room only
-
Scheduled reboots of ISY994
I would work with Wes at mobilinc to try and fix the problem vs putting a band-aid on something that could potentially cause more problems than it solves. If your still want to go down that path, the easiest way would be to get a cheap wifi switch AMD plug the isy into that. Then you could use their app to turn on/off
-
LED Top Hats that dum nicely with Insteon dimmer
Yes, Cree still makes bulbs. They've expanded their lineup. I can't speak on Canada but HD still sells Cree in NC, Va, Fl and CA. I'd say the states but those are the only states I've bought bulbs in and saw them in stores.
-
LED Top Hats that dum nicely with Insteon dimmer
I like Cree bulbs... Just not with insteon. When they work, they work really well and can hang with the best of them. However, your experience will vary. I've gotten to the point where I just want to buy a bulb and be done with it. With Cree, you have to test otherwise you can get buzzing, flickering at different points,. Etc. With the amount of warm glows I've installed (different types) I've simply not had that issue. I still test of course to avoid surprises but I am able to buy with confidence. No one beats warm glows dimming effect. All things being equal, at full brightness, Cree seems better but not so much better where it's worth the hassle. When using the 2wire with less, you will have many more performance issues. It simply wasn't designed to work with leds. While people have successfully used them with LEDs, it's something you'll definitely want to thoroughly test before investing in new bulbs