Everything posted by lilyoyo1
-
Yale Lock Communication Issue
Are all of your devices added to the isy? I'm assuming you have hardwired devices close to your locks that support beaming. Aeotec makes really good repeaters but I prefer using other hardwired devices that allow me to control other things such as outlets made by GE or Cooper
-
Could not load admin console during internet outage
You must be using the launcher which needs an internet connection to work. You could ask udi for the admin console for your firmware
-
Yale Lock Communication Issue
Most likely you have a weak mesh Network. You probably need repeaters What are you other devices, isy firmware, and UI?
-
Fan speeds not working
You're welcome. I'm glad you're back up and running
-
Fan speeds not working
You need to use 5.0.16
-
New Z-wave user
You really should update to 5.3 which is the official version and make sure that you clear your java cache. In addition to that, make sure you are using the ISY launcher. I would also verify that you have the Zwave board inserted in the correct slot.
-
Fan speeds not working
You need to upgrade to 5.3. There's a note on 5.1 stating not to use as it broke alot of stuff
-
Fan speeds not working
Firmware and UI. What steps did you take to add
-
Release 5.3.0 - OUTDATED
Did you clear your Java
-
Unable to find Insteon Engine 2342-2
It is. Scroll down on the link until you get to where it says link a remotelinc 2
-
Unable to find Insteon Engine 2342-2
Did you follow the instructions in the wiki? https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Link_Management_Menu
-
Programs and Scenes
Create a scene withe the devices as responders and configure them with your desired levels. Write a program that turns that scene on if you double tap the switch. Or you could write a program the turns on the individual devices to their desired level based on a double tap Your screenshot adjusts the scenes for manual control. You can set a scene that turns lights on at 100% during the day when the controller is physically pressed and then late at night have the responders go to a different on level when the controller is physically pressed.
-
zwave
You don't have the zwave module which is why you don't see anything for it otherwise it would give you that option. Here's the info on ordering and setup https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Z-Wave:_Ordering/Assembly_Instructions
-
Is there a forum to sell equipment?
You won't use paypal? If that's the case, you'll probably have a hard time selling them as most will want some sort of buyers protection with a complete stranger. The few people who has sold things on here will generally post in the Coffee Shop sub-forum
-
"Unavailable"
Zwave is self healing. I do hope they bring it back as I think it's better to force a heal vs waiting for the system to do it
-
Need help with ISY-994i and Cannot Determine Insteon Engine
Does your UI match the firmware? What modules are you having problems with? Did you try factory resetting them? What's your total node count?
-
Network Resource to reset router
I don't know if it's possible. However, a simple controlled outlet would allow you to do reboot it
-
New house and starting fresh, which to use, Z-wave or Insteon or ??
A system is only as strong (minus hardware issues) as the programmer. Lutron and C4 are rock solid but in the wrong hands can be terrible. If all you are looking for is lighting, Lutron is the way to go. If you want to integrate, the C4 would be better suited. With that said, C4 would definitely be outside of your willing price range (according to what you said earlier). I'm not a huge fan of mixing systems (which is why I prefer C4). I try to do things within 1 ecosystem. Lessens the chance of something going wrong and minimizes troubleshooting. Minor stuff is 1 thing such as sonos but primary no. For example, with Lutron, you would have Lutron, then the nodeserver, Polisy, and finally the isy (until integrated with Polisy). If your lights don't turn on, you have to look at multiple things.
-
New house and starting fresh, which to use, Z-wave or Insteon or ??
In addition to what was already said, you should expect to pay around 3-4x (minimum) as much for a Lutron radioRa2 switch as you would a single insteon dimmer switch (when purchased from a reputable source). Keypads even more. You are getting an extremely reliable system....just comes with a cost. There's a reason why insteon and zwave devices are so cheap (relatively speaking)..... You get what you pay for. Yes, by making RadioRa2 installer based, they are losing customers. At the same time, most people don't know what they are doing so they end up with issues. This shows with insteon and zwave. While they aren't perfect by any stretch, most issues (outside devices not working) are due to user error. They are willing to lose sales to regular consumers (even if you're buying 100 devices to ensure (or at least increase the chances of) things are done right. They are more worried about their reputation than a sale. A bad install means an unhappy customer. An unhappy customer complains all over the internet giving them a bad name. This is greatly amplified the pricier something is. Don't equate taking the training with any discounted pricing. It just unlocks the software for you. You'll still need to purchase from somewhere else such as another dealer, Volutone, or SnapAV. Those companies offer dealer discounts if you qualify but generally you need to be part of the industry for that. In regards to zwave sensors to insteon switches, there will be a delay since there are no direct device links. However, I've found the delay to be 1 second or less. On some occasions, I've waited 2 seconds. Could it be faster...yes, but overall, I'm satisfied and I haven't heard any complaints from anyone
-
New house and starting fresh, which to use, Z-wave or Insteon or ??
Nice try...but we know you can't argue about the looks. Lol. It's not that lutron looks bad. Just very plain for what they cost. Lutron is solid though. You can never go wrong with using it.
-
New house and starting fresh, which to use, Z-wave or Insteon or ??
What @simplextechsaid. If Lutron isn't the route to go for you, then I would suggest a combination of insteon and zwave. Insteon is much better for lighting than zwave. Zwave is better IMO on the sensor front. Personally I prefer C4 over lutron (devices look better) but I wouldn't need to pay for programming so I understand why it's a non starter for you. With all things being equal, I think reliability is about the same for insteon and zwave. However, since zwave is tied to the controller in order to operate, you have more things that can go wrong. That's also a built in speed bump that you don't necessarily have with insteon.
-
6-Button keypadlinc - using without a load
He's using the on in non toggle-on and off in non toggle-off so the lights will stay on/off which is wrong to do from the start as that will override his programming. He needs to delete the device, factory reset it back to 6 button and re-add it to the isy. At that point link the lamp module to the main button and it will work as desired. He's complicated a normal task
-
6-Button keypadlinc - using without a load
Why did you do that if you're just going to use it as a 6 button anyway? Just because it's not attached to a load doesn't mean it can't be linked to something. Just set the kpl back to default and link it to whatever lights you want
-
Release 5.3.0 - OUTDATED
I posted on here for others to know in addition to UDI so that others are aware should they have the same issue. It's not just for UDI to know. I still submitted a ticket as well.
-
Release 5.3.0 - OUTDATED
@Michel Kohanim I found another potential bug with Yale locks. In 5.0.16 and prior, Keypad lock was a separate command from manually locking (from the inside thumb-turn. Now the only command for locking is manual regardless of whether its from the thumb-turn or from the keypad.