Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

lilyoyo1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lilyoyo1

  1. You can just purchas the zwave module. Zwave plus is zwave. Just the newer version.
  2. I doubt it's a low load issue. I've used all insteon dimmers with less load than that (except for 2474). It may be an issue with your particular bulbs itself
  3. lilyoyo1 replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    You could just put a sensor on the door. A device installed locally would provide better information over a cloud based system
  4. You're welcome. Glad I could assist
  5. The OP says he THINKS which means he assumes. He could be wrong. It could be from devices within the home as we as other stuff. At the end of the day he bought a 100 dollar item which can help his home but doesn't hurt. It would cost more than the 90 bucks the Eaton costs just to get an electrician to take a look at his grounding which may or may not be an issue.
  6. When you create a scene, you must set the device states in the scene itself and on the controller. Because your scene works properly when you control the scene but not manually, It sounds like you only set your device parameters in the scene. Look at the scene you created. Click on your controller device (the controller is red). You'll have to set your device parameters there as well
  7. Did you set everything in the controller as well or just the actual scene in the isy?
  8. That sounds about right. The dual outlet is like a kpl in that the primary is the top /main and the bottom is a secondary device so it behaves differently to certain commands. With it being a relay, technically there is no fast on/off. What were you hoping to accomplish
  9. They dont want to make it official until they get zwave plus certification. Michel has stated multiple times they wont make it official until they are certified
  10. The isy receives infrared it does not send. It allows you to trigger programs from the signal it receives While I use the harmony nodeserver I've never looked to see if those buttons can be mapped. I prefer 1 touch actions such as my lights turning down when I go to watch a movie etc.
  11. That's another thing I forgot to mention. Voice control cuts down on the amount of keypads and remotes. In previous homes, I spent much more money on additional kpls, buttons for them, and remotes than I'll ever pay for the portal. All in an effort to manually control secondary devices every blue moon. Now, if I want to change the temperature, air purifier, etc. I just tell it vs needing a button for that control
  12. Any wall plate will work with Insteon. They are standard size switches
  13. I don't view voice control as a failure in automation or lacking in automation in itself. For me it's an additional avenue of convenience. Automation can't cover everything. Voice folks in the blanks much like a remote does. For example, when I go into the kitchen to cook, I can tell Google that I'm cooking. It'll then run my cooking program that turns on all the lights, sets the under cabinet lights to Bright white, turns on the exhaust fan and starts my music. I can do this from my keypad as well but keeps me from having to do so. The best part is that it doesn't need to be used. If you don't feel like using it, it's there dormant. If you do, it's ready
  14. Stop repeating your copy and paste posts and go away. Así said before, the op had made his voice so everything you are saying is irrelevant.
  15. Can you just go away!!!??? You keep repeating the same thing over and over. The op had already gotten his answer, decided his path, purchased and installed the device. He's happy and can now move forward. Go troll somewhere else.
  16. I don't have to cite anything. I'm not on here copying and pasting irrelevant information like you are. The op asked for specific information that I have answered as well as others. You came here trolling as usual. Just making the op aware this is how you operate.
  17. If you didn't click on save changes then that would be why it's disappearing. You didn't save it. Since you're using 5.10 you should also update to 5.15 as that is the latest one and may already have a fix if what you are experiencing is a bug
  18. I don't know why everyone is still replying to Westom. He's a troll who simply copies and pasted stuff from websites that have no bearing on the conversation. Hopefully @Michel KohanimKohanim band him again
  19. Don't listen to Westom. He's a troll that goes around doing copy and paste jobs to act like he knows something (look at his responses to me). Go with your whole home surge protector and you'll be ok. Don't get me wrong, grounding matters but at this point the cost to check and potentially redo your grounding is a serious cost. Surge protection is a3 step thing. One at the meter, whole whole and then local such as the ones with power strips and outlets. Mine was installed at the meter when the house was built. Your utility company may or may not allow them so I wouldn't worry about it touch. The others you can control so I would focus on that part.
  20. Another copy and paste job. Trolling sure has seen better days. To bad you don't have any original thoughts. At least change things up some. Ok...Thank you
  21. This is why I said you should try both approaches to see what works best for you. Both styles are pretty easy if you're accustomed to it. I feel the opposite in that scenes are easier to manage. Overall there is a time and place for both ways as there are pros and cons. For me, I don't want to depend on my ISY. If you're too heavy into programming, you are at the mercy of the isy. Scenes will always work.
  22. That is true what you say. However some people like having separate on/off buttons. I personally don't as I like to make use of all my buttons for different tasks but I understand that desire.
  23. All of this is a moot point. The op just wants a recommendation on whole house surge protectors. If he were building a house, grounding and all that information would matter more. Also, here is a link to where you copied and pasted from so others know the full story https://boards.fool.com/i-am-rather-shocked-most-only-want-to-argue-rare-33993346.aspx
  24. I wouldn't have done it that way but if it works for you then that's what matters. There's no right or wrong way. I don't use any of the button groupings feature nor the non toggle modes.
  25. My response was to the op and what he said he wanted. Routines would help him achieve his stated goals at this time. Hopefully in the future the portal could be updated to allow for finer control.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.