Everything posted by lilyoyo1
-
Google home vs Alexa
I agree with that assessment. I use both Both have their pros and cons. I'm not a fan of how google automatically groups lights in the same room together but I like their routines much better than Amazons. I'm actually in the process of swapping my google homes and echos with Sonos one's since they allow a user to use either one. Their google implementation is still new so its very limited but long term I like that I can have a single system for uniformity. The fact that they integrate together is even better since I use Sonos as part of my whole house audio system
-
Hue vs Lifx on isy
I gave you the best answer anyone can give you. It could be a second or less. It could be 2-3 seconds. Sometimes it may be more. The best thing to do is buy one or 2, set them up, and see how it responds.
-
Hue vs Lifx on isy
It can be. However no one can say how things will be in your home. We don't live there to see how your network is used, bandwidth at any given moment, construction material, program setup, lifestyle, etc. You just have to try and see.
-
Hue vs Lifx on isy
It makes sense but in the end it doesn't matter to me. I'm actually waiting for mine to die so I can justify getting the new version. My first generation has been outside for years now hanging upside down (and thats with southern humidity). There's many people online with the same experiences. From a company standpoint, I can see them being cautious and wanting their products used with optimal placement to maximize it's life expectancy
-
Hue vs Lifx on isy
No one can answer that definitively. It depends on a variety of factors at any given time. The delay for my lamps with hue bulbs is generally no more than a second. Depending on your network, interference, other programs running it could be anywhere from a second to a few seconds. Your #5 scenario will probably take longest since the request has to go out to Google servers and back to your house. Shouldn't be longer than anything else you currently voice control.
-
Hue vs Lifx on isy
Only 1 person said they can't be hung upside down. I'm assuming he's talking about regular bulbs. However I've never seen or heard it to be an issue
-
Hue vs Lifx on isy
I've used bulbs in all sorts of conditions over the years without issues. Upside down, outside in the south, sideways. In fact, my original bulbs that was used on my old patio is still in use in my wall sconces outside hanging upside down.
-
Hue vs Lifx on isy
I like direct control of my main lighting. If my hue hub goes down or my router broke (Murphy will ensure it happens while I'm gone and coming home at night) then I'm stuck trying to get lights in the dark. If my lamps don't go on I can fix it later. If all lights are broke I'm screwed.
-
Hue vs Lifx on isy
I think he was meaning on in the sense of state vs powered. Either way it's an easy fix. Since you're using automation, simply cap the red wire and run the switch leg to the hot
-
Hue vs Lifx on isy
With Polyglot, you can turn on your switch when using the app. It allows for 2 way control. With NRs you don't have that ability. I only use the hue app to change my colors schemes not to control my lights so NRs work for me. The best way to do anything is based on how you use things. From your questions it sounds like Polyglot is your best choice.
-
Bluetooth Arrival/Presence sensorGeofence
I've recently started using presence poly myself for managing my alerts and it has been on point every time. It actually works much better than geo-fencing did
-
3am Query turned on my garage door sensor
But has it happened since this last time
-
3am Query turned on my garage door sensor
Has it happened since then
-
Internet access
When it comes to the ISY, you don't have to pay for any service that they provide. The system.itslef is open enough that anything they have a subscription for can be done on by yourself for free.. With that said, it is on you to set up your system on your own for outside access. Personally, UDI's portal price is extremely low that it's worth the cost vs the hassle of port forwarding
-
Lights go on and go on dim for no reason!
The plm does not have an internal timer built into it so most likely there is an errant program somewhere. I would also check the scene itself to ensure that you don't have one of the sensors set to turn the lights to the lower setting
-
Debugging how a program is getting started...
I would disable the errant devices in the ISY for now, factory reset them and leave them alone for a few days. This will allow you to determine if your signals are coming from the isy or something else. Once you're satisfied that it's not something else, you can restore them back to the ISY. If it happens again after they are part of the ISY, then you can either remove move it completely and rebuild your programs with it or go through your programs 1 by one (even the ones you don't think it's part of)
-
Starting over?
I would also factory reset the devices. One thing I do when seeing up a system is create a backup of all my devices prior to linking and so forth. This gives me a clean slate to go back to if ever needed and cuts down on extra work
-
Skylink Motion Sensor
It says insteon on the sensor so it would be compatible. If it were Skylink then it would not work. The information in the listing is bad as insteon and Skylink are not the same and their motion sensors are not compatible with each other's systems.
-
Did you buy the Polisy and which one?
That's very true
-
Did you buy the Polisy and which one?
It seems the ones that said no were saying that had not yet ordered but were planning on getting the regular one
-
Hue vs Lifx on isy
I use hue not lifx. I've tried lifx and like them but since I was already invested with hue (there's alot of other reasons), I've stayed with them. You can't go wrong with either one really. I only use hue for lamps and accent lighting. Generally speaking, if the regular lights are off then the accent lights come on. In regards to lamps they turn on/off. Depending on the room different button presses do different things. For example, in the family room or living room, a single tap turns on the lamps. A double tap sets it to a dim level. Late night that reverses. You actually get more control by using Polyglot than you do with NRs. For example you can dim the lights from your insteon switch. My way works for me because I prefer presets vs manually dimming something. If I get tired of my colors, I can simply play around with color combinations in the hue app, and save. Much easier than doing that with the ISY via scenes and such. Once again it works for me because I only use the hue app for updates. I don't turn on lights via hue or anything else.
-
Hue vs Lifx on isy
I'm not using Polyglot for my hue. I use network resources. Mine were done prior to Polyglot and I've been to lazy to redo everything. Even outside that, I probably won't switch over only because when I want to change color combinations, I simply update the app rather than having to do extra work with scenes etc.
-
Hue vs Lifx on isy
They're probably about equal in regards to usage. I use hue mostly because that's what I started with. I do like having the hue bridge vs using wifi as it's hardwired vs multiple devices being on my network. If I did swap, I'd go with lifx bulbs but stay with hue light strips only because I have more options in regards to cutting and placement with the hue light strips. Lifx has much better color than hue which is why I would go with their bulbs.
-
Did you buy the Polisy and which one?
I'm just giving you a heads up to avoid anguish and frustration on your part if it doesn't come as fast as you like. I'd temper expectations. 5.0 is a perfect example of that. UDI's testing and release decisions are alot more stringent than most companies. That generally means a longer time for release but much smoother upgrade path.
-
New Inseton Devices Not Appearing in Portal
What do you mean until you did a search for each?