Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blackbird

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Blackbird

  1. I logged into the ISY to try what you suggested and before doing anything, it seems to be running fine now. Not sure why. If it happens again I will try your suggestion. Thank you
  2. I am having problems with the ISY running very slow. Mostly the programs. I recently moved and have yet to install all my insteon devices so every time I opened up the admin console I got a bunch of messages saying it cant communicate with the devices. I disabled all of those devices and still have problems. I also upgraded to 5.3.4 For example if i put my water sensor in water, the "Wet" on the admin console, shows "On" very quickly but if I go to the programs where I am supposed to receive an email when the device is wet and I click the "Run Then" option, it takes a few minutes or longer for the program to react. Using the "Run Then" option on any program takes a long long time to react. Also all of my status Icons in my programs are showing a white icon, if that tells you anything. Thanks in advance
  3. I find myself on the forum constantly hoping for tidbits of info from Michel on any progress on the purchase of Insteon. I am very hopeful for this and the possibilities as UDI is such a great company. I'm sure I'm not alone.
  4. I'm wondering what the best device is for powerering existing manual vertical and horizontal blinds using zwave. Thanks
  5. Wow, that looks better than the IOLinc. Thanks
  6. What zwave device has the same functionality as the Insteon IOLinc? Thanks
  7. Is there any hope of a replacement PLM now that Insteon is OUT OF BUSINESS? If my PLM breaks, I have about 30 insteon devices that are useless? I heard UDI was going to make one, is there hope of that?
  8. Is there a typical minimum distance from the PolISY to the nearest first Zwave switch? I would imagine walls and doors play a part like you mentioned but from experience in a average house, what would you ballpark guess for distance? Thanks
  9. Thank you so much for that tips and tricks post. That is exactly the type of detailed info I need when trying to get into zwave. Very helpful!
  10. Thank you guys. lilyoyo1: I will take a look at the link. MrBill: you said zooz 700, is that the dongle or just the brand of zwave devices? Also, do you mean there was a specific CAT cable that came with the PLM? bhihifi: is the insteon dongle that your referring to, for zwave? Thanks
  11. I have been using isy insteon for years and bought the polisy when it came out. I have been wanting to install isy on polisy but from what I'm reading, I need a USB plm. Is this correct? If so, I can't seem to find any to buy. I bought a new house and need to add more switches but as I can't buy more Insteon, I need to go with zwave. So what hardware would I need to buy to get zwave 700 switches working on polisy? Seems like I'm stuck, can't add more insteon to the isy and can't use polisy for zwave because I can't get a USB plm. Thank you
  12. Thanks guys
  13. I know nothing is future proof but I am wondering what you guys think is the way to go for home automation, going forward? I have all Insteon and despite the debate, my personal opinion is that Insteon will soon be done if not already. I hope I am wrong but I wanted to know what the other options are that are out there that you might suggest, like Z wave or future protocols like Matter (which I know almost nothing about). I would prefer to keep using the ISY/Polisy. Thanks Merry Christmas!
  14. Im very happy to see that we are finally here but I wonder if its best to wait to upgrade the Polisy? Is this a beta? Is everything working fine? Thanks
  15. Alexa works fine but Google cant turn on the lights
  16. Both programs had the same IF for the ELK so not sure if it got confused once it couldnt find the fridge. The reason i have it on the little bar fridge is the hum is too noisy so it only turns on if im not home or in bed
  17. Ok I found the problem and it is weird. A couple days ago I unplugged my appliance module that I use to plug a small fridge into. I have a program that when the elk keyfob is pressed to arm, then the fridge turns on and disarm turns it off. This is a separate program from the lights. I plugged the module back in and everything works fine.
  18. All other programs seem to run fine. Ive take a look at your link. thanks
  19. This program stopped running the then part ALARM DISARMED Boba and Bathroom Window on - If Elk Area 'Home' 'Armed State' is Disarmed Then Set 'Scenes / Boba and Bathroom Window 7 to' On Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') The Scene "Boba and Bathroom window 7 to Bathroom Window light Livingroom plug Bot Livingroom Plug top When I disarm my ELK alarm, the bathroom light turns on and 2 plug lights in the livingroom. Has worked fine for a couple years. Last few days when I disarm the alarm, those lights do not turn on. Watching the ISY program when I disarm the ELK, the program turns green so it recognizes that the ELK is disarmed but does not run the "Then" part of the program. If I right click on the program and click "Run Then" the lights turn on fine. I cant figure out whats wrong. Thanks
  20. Been away for a while so was wondering what if any progress there has been to being able to use the Polisy as the ISY. Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.