Keypad 6 Off Button

RAldridge

Not sure if this has been discussed before. I couldn't find anything in Search.

In a Keypad 6, when the load is off, the Off Button glows bright. The rest of the buttons are very dim. Is there a way to set the Off Button (only) so that it is dim like the rest of the buttons when all the buttons are off? This would help during sleeping hours. It's okay and desirable for the On Button to be bright when the load is on.

I have tried to use the ISY to set it, but can only set Non-Toggle On and Non-Toggle Off. That sets both the On & Off Buttons to either On or Off.

Am I missing something or is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

RA

Hello RA,

New KPLs have the "potential" for setting the backlight levels. By potential I mean that it depends mostly on your KPL version. What you would want are KPLs versions 1.6 and above in which case you will see the Backlight button on the device page. But, even then, the settings are not permanent and are overriden (for some reason) the next time you click on a button.

With kind regards,

Michel

Not sure if this has been discussed before. I couldn't find anything in Search.

In a Keypad 6, when the load is off, the Off Button glows bright. The rest of the buttons are very dim. Is there a way to set the Off Button (only) so that it is dim like the rest of the buttons when all the buttons are off? This would help during sleeping hours. It's okay and desirable for the On Button to be bright when the load is on.

I have tried to use the ISY to set it, but can only set Non-Toggle On and Non-Toggle Off. That sets both the On & Off Buttons to either On or Off.

Am I missing something or is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

RA

From the Smathome forum:

Trevor

Administrator

USA

102 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 : 09:50:20 AM Show Profile Email Poster Visit Trevor's Homepage Reply with Quote

quote:Originally posted by cmhardwick

Another thing you can do (though I can't remember the steps, there on here somewhere, posted by smartlabs Mike) is, in 6 button mode, keep the "OFF" button from being lit when the load is off. it's a "secret" thing that's built in. You do a setting 3 times in a row, but can't remember what exactly it was. repeat to restore the off button to normal operation (LED wise).

The easiest way to do this is to toggle the large ON/OFF button pair in and out of toggle/non-toggle mode, using the 10-5-5 method. This is only relevant to 6-button KeypadLincs.

Here's how:

1. P&H (press and hold) large ON or OFF button for 10 seconds, putting it into linking mode.

2. P&H for 5 seconds, putting it into unlinking mode.

3. P&H for another 5 seconds until LED's stop blinking

Now the OFF LED will not illuminate when the local load is OFF. To undo, just 10-5-5 it again.

Hope that helps,

Trevor

Smarthome.....making life more convenient, safe and fun.

Share your wisdom on the Smarthome Wiki: http://wiki.smarthome.com

Rand

Thanks Michel and Rand,

And thanks for the directions from the Smarthome forum. I was hoping the ISY could handle this.

I followed the "tap" directions. The Off Button brightness now matches the brightness of the rest of the buttons when all buttons are off... but with a wrinkle.

The On Button on the Keypad 6 is now "split". The left half of the On Button functions as off and the right half of the On Button functions as on. The Off Button works properly. This occured on two different Keypad 6s.

Has anyone else seen this behavior with the On Button?

Ruben

Archived