2663-222 Dual Band Outlet

Brian H

On the main sales page. Near the bottom of the web page. Feature Rich listing. 15 Amp Max Load.

I also have not see if it defaults to the state it was in. After a power loss and restoration.

Yes, keeping in mind my preference is that the unit return to its previous state. Because some devices either came back on regardless of the state, or remained off once power was re-applied.

Previous state is in my mind the preferred method because if you left a clock plugged. Obviously you would want the clock to be powered again! Where as if you had a fan off and the device came back on after a power outage that would not be so good.

You can use your imagination as to how dangerous that would be for things like a motor, heater, pump, etc.

I've actually been waiting for these to go dual-band before I built an enclosure to put a few of them in to control my fish tank setup.

I've actually been waiting for these to go dual-band before I built an enclosure to put a few of them in to control my fish tank setup.

I have two appliance lincs in the garage for the landscape and moon lights.  The double outlet would be neater, but I also use that outlet for a battery charger and air compressor. 

I am hoping a few people will chime in and let us know how they perform with none resistive loads such as motors, none magnetic ballast lighting, compressors which is VF.

I'm using one receptacle, controlled by a SynchroLinc, to power a subwoofer. The other receptacle powers a window A/C. Looks a lot nicer than the two stacked ApplianceLincs I had been using.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered, and recently received a 2663-222 Dual Band Outlet, but have not installed it yet.  I want to put it in the crawl space to run two transformers for outdoor LV lighting, but I only want to go down there once.  Does anyone know if it is compatible with the 4.2.18 release?

I ordered, and recently received a 2663-222 Dual Band Outlet, but have not installed it yet. I want to put it in the crawl space to run two transformers for outdoor LV lighting, but I only want to go down there once. Does anyone know if it is compatible with the 4.2.18 release?

Check the drop down list to see and confirm. I did read a few months ago one of the beta testers were having some issues with the LED brightness levels.

UDI replied that problem was fixed in ISY Beta.

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

I ordered, and recently received a 2663-222 Dual Band Outlet, but have not installed it yet.  I want to put it in the crawl space to run two transformers for outdoor LV lighting, but I only want to go down there once.  Does anyone know if it is compatible with the 4.2.18 release?

As its a crawlspace install, I would recommend finding a way to bench test this setup before installing for good. OLs can be susceptible to LV transformer line noise from only one transformer. Its not just a powerline signal issue that rf can fix; the LV transformer noise can cause the OL to lock up and need to have its breaker or GFI tripped to reset it. 

I bought 3 outletlincs at the same time for LV lighting. One of them has the LV transformer located right next to it, 4 wire feet away. It caused the OL linc to get overwhelmed and lock up after 20 mins to a couple hours of operation. It stopped talking to the ISY (red !) and none of the standard ISY procedures could recover it. (No button recovery on that OL) The only way to get it working again was to trip the GFI downstream from the OL. To try and debug it: I swapped transformers, replaced a transformer, added a 10' extension cord and finally swapped the OLs. The problem stayed at the spot.

The remedy, once i knew it was LV transformer noise,  was to plug in an old X10 noise filter between the OL and LV lighting. No problems since doing that.

I don't know that this will happen to you. However this episode ranks as my most annoying insteon experience, in that I replaced a supersocket in the same spot that never had this problem... same lights, same transformer, same circuit.

The 2663-222 works fine with the latest update. I have 3 of them working without issue.

Since you have three of them can you show us a screen capture of how the ISY represents the two outlets. I want to see what the ISY can do with these switches. Also, if you kill the power can you let us know will the switch come back up in its previous state. Or will it be left in the On / Off position.

The ISY represents the On/Off Outlet (2663-222) as a grouped device (same as a KPL)  labelled Top and Bottom. The reference is with the duplex receptacle installed vertically with the ground pin at the bottom. The On/Off Outlet powers up in its previous state. That's true for both outlets.

The ISY represents the On/Off Outlet (2663-222) as a grouped device (same as a KPL)  labelled Top and Bottom. The reference is with the duplex receptacle installed vertically with the ground pin at the bottom. The On/Off Outlet powers up in its previous state. That's true for both outlets.

Stu,

Awesome to hear this!

A few more follow up questions if you would. Is the relay as loud as the older relay outlets? I understand there are three levels of the LED brightness?

At its maximum level is it as bright as the older relay outlet? Also, the LED's are green for on, red for off, for this new module correct?

The relay click is definitely audible, you can't miss it. Red is off, green is on.

I can't believe my eyes! Is that an option to turn off RF / Power line in the options page? :mrgreen:  Also I don't recall what the smart hops was for?

Any insight on that part Stu??

I didn't see it in the drop down list.

Maybe I need newer glasses. :oops:

I am unsure if its listed in the drop down list. But, do recall this question being posed to UDI when the LED brightness wasn't working in a previous Beta release.

UDI reported back that it would be reviewed and fixed in a later release. I have to gather its in 4.2.18 per Stu's image capture which really excites me!

Looks like Power Line and RF messages each can be turned On or Off.

Well, it looks like another feature request can be scratched off the list! I know this particular feature was requested by a few people to help isolate if it was power line vs RF being poor.

Way to go Smartlabs . . . 

If all future Insteon products have this ability that will be a real bonus for many.

Archived