Alexa just stopped saying 'ok'

DonB

Alexa just stopped saying 'ok' to turn on and turn off commands.  She now replies with a two tone chime.  low then higher for on, high then lower for off.  Is this just mine being temperamental,  or is anybody else seeing this change too.  Actually, its better than ok all the time!

Edited by DonB

I'd like to know how to do that. Well, not me, Alexa B)

Edit: As I speak (to Alexa), the response is updated to ding-dong (and dong-ding). Izzy still responds with what was done!!!

Edited by stusviews

Alexa just stopped saying 'ok' to turn on and turn off commands.  She now replies with a two tone chime.  low then higher for on, high then lower for off.  Is this just mine being temperamental,  or is anybody else seeing this change too.  Actually, its better than ok all the time!

Yes, just tested and have the same.  Not certain I like this response because if the command isn't understood at times Echo just drops.

Jon...

I hate it when companies make arbitrary changes. Let me decide if I want a change. Also noticed a change in response to home control. When I ask to turn on an outlet I named Christmas. Aka my Chhristmas lights, she insists on playing Christmas music.

I hate it when companies make arbitrary changes. Let me decide if I want a change. Also noticed a change in response to home control. When I ask to turn on an outlet I named Christmas. Aka my Chhristmas lights, she insists on playing Christmas music.

Couldn't agree more.

I like the change, but the volume has to be turned up more for me to hear the tone rather than the "OK". It also appears to be delayed a bit. It used to say OK at the same time the lights responded, and sometimes before the lights responded, but now it chimes 2 seconds AFTER the lights respond. :(

My experience is the opposite. I got the "okay" some seconds device responded, now the chimes are almost immediate B)

Yeah I don't like it... hard to distinguish if there's any background noise.  Guess that's what we get for complaining about "ok."

Now if we could get Alexa to give us color coded signals along with the chimes that might help.

Jon...

A recent article in the NY Time has the names for the director of Amazon’s Echo and Alexa, and,Amazon’s senior vice president for devices. Seriously thinking of writing them. I think not having the option for the voice response is a serious misstep. a big loss to her personality. Turn it off it you want, but it's a loss to the initial wow factor.

A recent article in the NY Time has the names for the director of Amazon’s Echo and Alexa, and,Amazon’s senior vice president for devices. Seriously thinking of writing them. I think not having the option for the voice response is a serious misstep. a big loss to her personality. Turn it off it you want, but it's a loss to the initial wow factor.

I agree and like most of us already stated it should just be an option that can be invoked. Its not rocket science and doesn't cost anything to the vendor besides lower customer satisfaction.

Guys at Amazon were very quick to reply let's hope it pans out to be an option.

fae9c4f5007b96860f13ebaf344eead8.jpg

=========================

The highest calling in life is to serve ones country faithfully - Teach others what can be. Do what is right and not what is popular.

Interesting. I didn't get a response to a feedback or feature request.

Response to a problem request was a BS form response to call.

Some nights Alexa is the only one that talks to me.

LOL . . .

Right now as I sit here not a soul including Alexa is talking to me!  :cry:

Well this answer my questions.  Spent time working on the ISY portal yesterday and when testing the Alexa commands based on the new stuff through the portal all I got was the two notes, no "OK" Thought it was was an issue using ISY Portal instead of Insteon Hub.

I agree with others in that it is frustrating to find something you like and then it gets changed to "Improve" it but the improvement isn't. I like OK