Portal - > Networking - > node server menu?

Jbw123184

I have the ISY Portal module, but I do not have the node server menu in my admin console. I know the networking module is supposedly included in the portal module, but how do I add my polyglot node server? Or how to I make the node server menu appear in the admin console?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the UDI forums!

Node Servers are a key feature introduced with the Version 5 of ISY firmware. If you have V5, there will be a Node Servers menu at the top of the Admin Console.

If you choose to look at V5, its still alpha/beta. You can read more about it here:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/108-50/

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome to the UDI forums!

Node Servers are a key feature introduced with the Version 5 of ISY firmware. If you have V5, there will be a Node Servers menu at the top of the Admin Console.

If you choose to look at V5, its still alpha/beta. You can read more about it here:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/108-50/

Paul

Sigh... I really wish I had read this before I spent my entire night getting the node server running on my pi! :(

How reliable is the beta? I'm ok with a few bugs here and there, so long as things generally work ok. Programs/portal/alexa etc.

V5 is still in Alpha, not Beta. Things generally work OK, but not always. That's why v5+ has not yet advanced to Beta. It's suggested that you not install it if you critically depend on your ISY, for example, some you live with B)

• 5 months later...

I upgraded from 4.6.1 to 5.0.10.  I installed the upgrade per the instructions: by opening the 5.0.10 UI and then following the prompts to upgrade the firmware to 5.0.10.  

The 'about' menu reports that both firmware and UI v5.0.10 are currently installed.

however, there is NO "node server" tab/menu in my administrative console.

Did I do something wrong?  How do I get the node server menu?

Much appreciated, Dan

I upgraded from 4.6.1 to 5.0.10.  I installed the upgrade per the instructions: by opening the 5.0.10 UI and then following the prompts to upgrade the firmware to 5.0.10.  

The 'about' menu reports that both firmware and UI v5.0.10 are currently installed.

Much appreciated, Dan

This was reported by a previous poster about a year ago. Can't remember the fix though...sorry.

I would try a factory reset of the ISY. You will have to fix your password and time zone options. Make sure you have a good backup image. I have had a few installation quirks in my time. The firmware was always great but the install got confused somehow.

I upgraded from 4.6.1 to 5.0.10. I installed the upgrade per the instructions: by opening the 5.0.10 UI and then following the prompts to upgrade the firmware to 5.0.10.

Did I do something wrong? How do I get the node server menu?

Much appreciated, Dan

Do you have either the networking module, or an ISY Portal subscription on the ISY?

The latter also gives you the networking module for the duration of the subscription, and the networking module is required for node server functionality.

Much appreciated, Dan

I believe you need the PRO version of the ISY to use node servers.  I also believe your ISY is easily upgradeable by contacting UDI sales.

post-7363-0-48761000-1499300700_thumb.png

Archived