Can't backup config JAVA READ ONLY

johnstonf

Please rescue me from f&ching JAVA!

I was able (MAC) to backup my config til recently.

Now it won't ALLOW me to save it anywhere...

WTF... JAVA drives me EVEN MORE nuts these days.

I can run the admin console ok.

What happened recently that i can no longer back up my configs?

When i go to back up, i get no writeble locations!

If i click the "New Folder" button, i get a popup saying "this location is read-only".

Tried on BOTH of my macs, in all browsers.

/f

Johnstonf,

That is the dashboard, I believe what you want is this:

http://isy.universal....4/admin16.jnlp

That is the link to the Mac admin console.

Also in the picture above is your UUID, I would strongly suggest you either remove the picture or replace it with one that has the UUID occluded.

Kaz

Thanks... i did find it (was just coming back to report)... that is so confusing... I don't know what that dashboard thing is, but it should NOT be listed on the first page of instructions for getting the ISY going!

Horribly Confusing!

I downloaded the .jnlp but when i run it it goes and appears to grab a file from externally and is only 1k in size.

Can i find the actual application file, and save/keep it, and run it locally?

/f

johnstonf,

I'm sorry but I can't change facts, the ISY admin applet is 1.12k in size. Simple network management protocol (SNMP) isn't involved with running the ISY admin java applet. If you're seeing SNMP traffic related to ISY admin, then I would have to ask what MIB it's using? It's possible there is a MIB for ISY, but i've never seen it nor have I ever seen anything like an OID value, but then I've never sniffed the ISY traffic. /Shrug. That aside what problem are you trying to solve now? Is ISY admin running? Are you able to save your configuration once again? 

Archived