Reset & Restore vs. Start Over

rhughes

Hi,

I'm having some odd problems with my system, including missed events and changing links. My communications seem to be clean (no more -2's in the log). I'm pretty sure it's a combination of a couple bad devices and the ISY not being in synch with other devices.

My question is: is it sufficient to merely do a factory reset of all the devices and then restore from ISY, or is it better to clear everything out of the ISY, do a factory reset of the devices and then rebuild everything from scratch (wow, that will be a lot of work!)?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Randy,

It's best to do neither! Please wait for 2.7.2 (hopefully by the weekend) which should alleviate some of the missed events (especially if you have the in a sequence).

If you really have to, it's best to start from scratch. The next best thing would be to factory reset your switches and restore from ISY.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi,

I'm having some odd problems with my system, including missed events and changing links. My communications seem to be clean (no more -2's in the log). I'm pretty sure it's a combination of a couple bad devices and the ISY not being in synch with other devices.

My question is: is it sufficient to merely do a factory reset of all the devices and then restore from ISY, or is it better to clear everything out of the ISY, do a factory reset of the devices and then rebuild everything from scratch (wow, that will be a lot of work!)?

Thanks.

How exactly would you proceed to start from scratch? I've had my ISY for about 6 months and have added quite a few devices since then. I'm pretty sure there are links/scenes that shouldn't be in my ISY or my devices.

Is there a way to factory reset all devices from within ISY? If not, I guess it has to be done manually for all of them. And then what? Reset my PLM? And then the ISY?

When I got started, I manually linked my devices and then imported them into my ISY, but now I know that it's not the best way to go.

How exactly would you proceed to start from scratch? I've had my ISY for about 6 months and have added quite a few devices since then. I'm pretty sure there are links/scenes that shouldn't be in my ISY or my devices.

Is there a way to factory reset all devices from within ISY? If not, I guess it has to be done manually for all of them. And then what? Reset my PLM? And then the ISY?

When I got started, I manually linked my devices and then imported them into my ISY, but now I know that it's not the best way to go.

Performing a Restore on all your devices will remove any stray links, there should not be a need to reset them.

Please view this page from the Wiki FAQs: What_steps_should_I_take_if_I_want_to_redo_everything

Rand

Archived